Reviews for deserve
lead me to salvation chapter 1 . 4/30
Wow - this is incredible! No other words. N xx
atomicbreakdown chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Brief but leaves a good impression; straightforward and honestly written, very good and really enjoyable. A plus point that I can't help but to point out: the fact that you revealed - wrote - an emotion other than, as originally scripted on the book, anger experienced by Cato, the so-thought killing machine. The short phrase of "he cries that night" was short and simple, however, it left a solid print in my mind. It's a strong "description" to cover up the whole grief he feels after her death. This is one good, emotional read. Keep it up.
Meybell chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Woa. The writing is really really good and the story is so amazing I cant stop re-reading it. I love Clato and this is so sad, because Cato won and he is alone. I was trying to imagine I it feels to love someone and lose her/he, and then have to live my whole life alone, knowing that it was my fault. :(( Youre an amazing writer!
stand in your light chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This is flawless and beautiful and perf and omg. I can't even.

It's angsty and in-character and heartbreakingly lovely.
clovelycato555 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Beautiful! I love how Cato cries a few times it shows that he's not completely ruthless
infinitely-climbing chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
I like the switching between during the Games and post-Games. It's something that isn't always done well, but I think you pulled it off perfectly.
nicci1721 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
It would be so very easy to say I hate Cato and Clove, but they're so oddly loveable! Especially together!
degaussers chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
AH! Clato! *fangirls at someone actually writing such an amazing fic for my OTP*

This is so perfect for them. They're still brutal and... Careers, the few lines of dialogue at her death made me cry, but they're actually capable of love here, some form of it. Which I love, because I ship them forever and ever.

The fact that Cato seemed to break down after Clove's death, at least a little bit, was so in character - it always seemed like that was what drove him, towards the end of the Games, at least to me - and the scene with Thresh was so -powerfully written-... How is this so gorgeous?
averyge chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
It's really good! I like your writing style :))
WholeWheatWaffles chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
This was deep. Especially the definition of deserve at the end. The only criticism I have is punctuation/capitalization errors, but it's so insignificant it doesn't matter. This was just beautiful. 3 I love it.
Don't Call Me Sparkles chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
I'll say Im not at all a Clato fan (review challenge here) BUT this story was well written. I liked the way you paint Clove as thinking this was almost like a video game or toy soldiers and not really a deadly contest. Thats exactly how I see her too. Good AU ending with Cato as victor, I always figured that made more sense though we know why it wasnt written that way. The part where her family starts talkly badly about her and he leaves was perfect! Very angsty. And the ending was dead on too, I always thought Marvel killed Rue to avenge Glimmers death since she was in with Katniss. Sad where he watches the wedding! Overall i liked the pacing and breakdown of the writing style.
sydneysages chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
oh my god, Alex, I loved this; I love the way that you portrayed them, and their relationship and the AU edge (I'm guessing he won in the end) because it was truly, truly amazing

You used the prompts brilliantly, and you wrote something amazing. Seriously. Thank you!

-Vicky xx
bleachers chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
STOP THIS NOW.

STOP.

THE LAST PART -

-curls into a ball and cries-
HeartOfParadise chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Wow, lovely emotive piece. I rather enjoyed the cuts between the games and the aftermath, when Cato is all alone. The detached quality gave the whole story another layer of meaning. Favourite line has to be "At times, it is hard to tell. When he says 'at times', he actually means all the time. It's that confusing." Cato is just so human here, and I can actually imagine him thinking just that.
The ending wih Clove's death played with my emotions once again; such a heartbreaking moment.
There's only one tiny mistake (and I am nitpicking!, but at the part where Cato goes back to District Two sometimes, this line "He knows it's lies" should be either "He knows it's a lie" or "He knows they're lies".
truces chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Whoa... this is awesome! Great job, I loved how, by using the lines, you made it like a quick narration. Phenomenal.