Reviews for More Progress
dimlights chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
what, the killer doesn't get arrested? :/
ah, but i bet that happens later.
'CAUSE JUSTICE ALWAYS REIGNS.
...it just waits until wes gets a little beaten up, is all :P
amazing fic! thanks!
natty chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
wow, that was amazing! and please, dont say its over! bad guy just leaving?
xo natty
nightowlv chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Very good story! I really enjoyed it. It had action and danger - a real cops-at-work situation. Also, it was gen, which can be kind of a rarity in fandoms like this one.

I hope that future episodes will have some more intense case-driven storylines like this. I really do think it will lead to "more progress", as your title describes it. That's one of the reasons I loved the season finale. It had real life-or-death situations and real communication between Wes and Travis. I really hope to see more of that in future episodes. (And I really hope there will be at least one more season! I even signed the "season 2" petition, in hopes that it will help. Hopefully USA won't keep us wondering for much longer!)

Again, great story! Thank you for sharing!
ArodLoverus2001 chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Great story!
TotallyLosingIt chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
EEEEEEE WES WHUMP! *thud* You have made a fangirl very happy. xD You wrote this so well it felt real and honestly, they should put this scene somewhere in one of their episodes and I will be happy. :P Anywho, this made my night, so thank you for writing it. xD
Aggie2011 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Awe! That was sweet in a bromance type way! I loved it :)
janet28 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I really hope you'd consider making this longer. Or maybe give us a follow up. I can so see the guy getting a hold of Wes' ID. I'd love to read more of this. This one was really good and the suspense was fun :)
silverluna chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
I LOVE this story to pieces! I love your writing style, the plot, the Wes in danger and the Wes is a hostage and the Wes whump, while Travis has to play the level headed one. I love the way it begins, the spooky elements of a dark night, the middle of nowhere, a rickety old house and possibly a killer nearby. I love the subtle friction between Wes and Travis as they reluctantly decide to investigate, then how their cop/partner instincts kick in the instant they realize the door isn't locked. I love the details of the description of the inside of the house, and the moonlight on the water, and how the suspense builds with each new sentence.

"He'd never really been afraid of the dark, but clearing a house in the middle of nowhere that could possibly be home to a deranged killer was not exactly a calming experience." Great line! I like how human it makes Wes sound, rather than a being running entirely on cop instinct who feels no fear (ever).

I love the description of the quick attack and its aftermath—Wes in pain, off balance, fighting for focus and for his breath, unable to cry out because there simply wasn't the time for it—as Wes is taken hostage by the very scary man with the giant knife. I love that the scary man tied up and gagged poor Wes to keep him from communicating with Travis, and I loved that Wes fought back in spite of enraging the man and getting himself cut up in the process (I loved the whump—sorry, Wes ;) ). The scary serial killer gave me the heebie jeebies; I was nervous that he actually might "keep Wes" . . . /shudder/

And I loved Travis approaching with his gun drawn, ordering the killer to let his partner go, also that Travis was a bit scared that the man would kill Wes before he could stop him.

Loved (I know, I've used this word many times but I can't say it enough):

""Not just yet, we're having too much fun, aren't we?" he shook Wes slightly and pressed the knife a little harder into his throat, eliciting a muffled choking sound from Wes. Travis's heart pounded in his chest. This guy was a psycho, and there was absolutely no way Travis was going to let him leave with his partner as a hostage. He stepped forward as the man took a half step toward the now open door.

"Let him go," Travis repeated, trying his best to cover up the desperate, pleading tone and mostly failing.

The man chuckled, a truly horrifying sound in Travis's opinion. "You two have that special partner bond, eh?" He smiled a disturbing smile at Travis. "Sorry partner, but I think I might keep him," the man turned his head slightly, burying his nose in Wes's short hair and inhaling deeply. "He's just too good to let go of," he said with another chuckle. Wes's breathing had become even more ragged and uneven. Travis was feeling equally panicked. They had no backup, there were no neighbors around for miles, and they were both disarmed and at the mercy of a sadistic killer."

It was interesting that the man's chuckle made both Wes and Travis uncomfortable. Nice detail. :)

I loved that Travis just kept talking. I could really picture him, hear him sounding gentle but firm, doing everything he could to keep his voice steady and not spook the killer into hurting his partner further. And then it was cool when he jumped in after Wes; at first I wondered if he might try to run after the killer, but that would be useless without backup, wouldn't it? Loved that Wes was okay and Travis sort of freaked out while doing CPR—and then kept repeating "you're all right, buddy." Very awesome. And then Wes said "Thank you" and the story ends on a light high note with dissolves the friction of the beginning of the story as well as the terror and tension during the hostage standoff. :D

I was very sorry to see the story end. I'd LOVE to see a sequel! :) Very super awesome addition to this very new Common Law section—one of the best I've come across. Thanks so much for sharing it! :D
CasiNight chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
That was SO GOOD! I LOVED IT! GREAT JOB! I loved how you showed the bond between the two. Really good!
Ice Queen1 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Apparently I did it to this one too...I love this story. Probably my favorite out of the two. One, realistic. Two, awesome dialogue. Three, epic set up - enough whump to make it good, but not over the top. Practical, and completely believable. You should write more. Juuuuust saying. :-D
Feathered Filly chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This was an absolutely fantastic story, probably the most well written and in character Common Law fic so far; great job! These two guys have quickly become one of my all time favorite onscreen duos, probably second only to White Collar's Neal and Peter. This story of yours had each guys voice so perfect, even their mannerisms you managed to convey through your writing. They may act like they don't like each other, but everyone knows that's the farthest thing from the truth. I would love to see something like this story play out on the show.

And I just have to say, I'm so glad Wes is the fandoms favorite choice to whump. I thought for sure it was going to be Travis, but I was glad to find out I was wrong. I love both guys, but Wes is my favorite, and I enjoy seeing him put into situations where he's hurt or in trouble, since he's usually the calm and mature one... and Travis, the childish 'act before thinking' one, has to become the mature and in control one.

Hope there's more Common Law fics from you in the future! Very well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Great story. Dont tell that this is it!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
awesom story
Syd chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Lovely job!
Iuliana chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Ahhh this was so awesome, why, why does it say complete...:(:( I so wanted more whump for Wes and some recovery period:( Wonderful story, hope you will write more fics for common law, Wes centric ones, of course :)))