Reviews for Some Cats Get Too Close to the Wire Chapter 1
HazzardHusker chapter 7 . 12/18/2015
Okay, I admit - I'm hooked now on just what is going on. Either you've got some intricate plot going on here or these are just some dumb a... crooks that have no idea what they're doing:) LOL. I'm betting it's the first - since you obviously wrote it for a reason, right? I mean, there has to be a reason for simply tying up Julie behind some trash cans and just leaving her there. Or was it garbage day? Ah ha! The plot thickens. Just kidding. Good chapter on to the next.
HazzardHusker chapter 6 . 12/18/2015
Oh this just keeps getting better. First Pete, now Julie. But since they're obviously after them, why not keep them? Tricky plot I can't figure out so I'd better keep reading. On to the next chapter
HazzardHusker chapter 5 . 12/18/2015
Well, I'm glad they found Pete so fast. I was worried we wouldn't find him til the end of the story. Now I have to wonder - why would they take him just to throw him on the side of the road. Must be an interesting plot following this logic. Good chapter, looking forward to the next one.
HazzardHusker chapter 4 . 12/17/2015
Well, that was a nice surprise - finding Pete so soon. Not so nice finding him in that condition. Can't wait to find out who is out to get him and if they had him - why'd they let him go. On to the next chapter!
HazzardHusker chapter 3 . 12/17/2015
Oh don't ever write a story about me! It would hurt too much! Poor Pete! They will find him in time, right? Right? You're killing me here. Good chapter, looking forward to the next.
HazzardHusker chapter 2 . 12/17/2015
Brrr...I'm cold just thinking about poor Pete! I'm not sure if my first review went through or not, but so far this has been a good story - well written - and it looks like a well thought out plot. I haven't been to fanfic for quite a while. I used to write Dukes of Hazaard but ideas just sort of left me. And I've bought all the DVDs for the shows I used to watch but Mod Squad escaped me until I acidentally ran across it and immediately bought the 5 season set. I'm not through it yet, but I'm enjoying re-watiching it since I only remembered really one episode. I love fan fic because you can write like additional episodes or put the characters into life situations that the show never could. I'm currently working on my own story, though who knows if I'll ever get it done. Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and great writing!
Teyerin chapter 9 . 8/10/2014
Nicely done!
Teyerin chapter 8 . 8/10/2014
Glad you continued this story!
Great job on building the suspense!
GoldAngel2 chapter 9 . 8/9/2014
A tensely and tightly woven scene here, reminiscent of the scene with Richard Dreyfuss in the episode "Mother of Sorrow"… The urgency and suspense was palatable and strong. And I love the description of Julie as she tried to reason with Ronald... And of Pete's emotions as he chafed against his restraint with wanting to keep her safe.
And so the story has ended… But it seems to cry out to me for an epilogue. Maybe a scene at the hospital while both boys are getting patched up and a little philosophical reflection on how destructive human emotions like resentment can push someone over the edge, if allowed. Apparently, Ronald's resentment of Pete as the "spoiled rich boy" sent him that way. And a final referral to the "cat" allegories that you had going throughout the story... Maybe as the trio are exiting the hospital, their path is crossed by a black cat… A lighthearted yet ironic kind of twist the to end of story. But that's just my suggestion :-).
Your style of writing for this universe is fabulous. Like I mentioned in previous reviews, I could feel myself watching an episode of Mod Squad based on this story. :-) Good work!
GoldAngel2 chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
Boy, you must've ripped this out pretty quick after you heard from me last night! :-) Or you probably had it already summarized or outlined. Anyway, great job!
Your writing really reminds me of the tie-in novels that were written by Richard Deming. Full of genuine atmosphere in your description, it takes me right into the Mod Squad universe… As if I were watching an actual episode, especially in this scene. The perpetrator, Ronald Stilts appears to be somewhat of a sociopath… Complete with the creepy wall full of pictures of the Squad with X's through Pete's image. :-(. Now Linc is the one who experiences the repercussions of his close connection with Pete.
However, all four of them are going to become barbecued pretty quick if they don't find a way out ASAP.
And since you quickly posted another chapter I am off...
Susan chapter 9 . 8/9/2014
that was a great story! Please keep writing and I'll keep reading! Thanks!
Susan chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
Please keep going!
GoldAngel2 chapter 7 . 8/8/2014
You have some really terrific flow in this element in your plot here… The potential of abduction of Julie really brings home the heinous plans of the perpetrator. Pete murmuring "not Julie" has an aching poignancy of its own. His own ordeal forgotten, you can sense how deep inside he's feeling a maelstrom of emotion… Fear, anger, and especially guilt if something was to happen to her. And his relief when they finally do find her… Bound and gagged but thankfully alive. He's the first one there offering his affection to soothe and comfort her. With this last incident, the boys are pissed off… And ready for action :-).
Really terrific melding of elements in a fast-paced and smooth plot that I hope you're going to finish :-)
GoldAngel2 chapter 6 . 8/8/2014
And so the plot thickens… It appears that Pete isn't the only target of this joker. Now that the coward was unsuccessful at getting Pete, he thought that he would turn to what he perceived as the weakest link… Julie.
However, he's going to find out real fast that she has three very protective men ready to crack his skull if he dares to harm one hair on her head. And she's very resourceful and bright… She's a girl who knows how to take care of herself until the guys get there. :-)
Some more stellar writing… Especially the line "wander down the dead end pit of dark might have beens." Awesome line! :-)
Great work and now to chapters 7…
GoldAngel2 chapter 5 . 8/8/2014
Okay, now you've got me. Obviously, Pete knows who the intruder is, that they were responsible for him being in the hospital, and he wants to deliver a few lumps of his own. I like the entry of the two uniformed cops… Stamford seems like a nice guy but his partner has me wondering. I love the camaraderie and support that he got from Julie and Linc… Especially the way they linked hands together; the invincible trio.
Knowing Pete, he'll be obsessed until he can get to the bottom of the whole ordeal and deliver a little just reward :-)…
Your first paragraph was an absolute work of art for imagery :-)
On to chapter 6…