Reviews for You Become a Habit to Me
Tadpole24 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Ren!

I just don't even know where to begin with this! I loved it, of course. But I want to say more! For it to mean more. Seriously...THIS is the Bones I want to see conveyed to me on the screen, not the characters that I felt like I got in season 7, but this. This solid, holding centre, always-together-but-in-their-own-special-way thing. This is true to them, it's true to Booth and Brennan.

From the beginning you had me drawn in. I didn't want this glimpse into their life to end, it was just sheer perfection. In all their flaws as human beings (because we are, all of us, flawed), and through all the bad days they have to endure, they've managed to find this balance that speaks volumes of the 7 years that we've seen them on screen for.

I adore the idea of the rings. I simply cannot get enough of that way of thinking. Brennan doesn't need to be taught this lesson, she doesn't need to babied and shown the ways of the world. She knows her world and she knows that she doesn't need marriage for her relationship to mean something. And the way that you got that message across was just so beautiful!

I also really loved your incorporation of the "do you love me?" line. Although it is probably the most infamous scene of the series in terms of dividing the fans, I LOVED it and can't get enough of it in fics. I love seeing how people rework it and make it their own. I really enjoyed seeing you do that too :)

And last, but no where near least, I also really enjoyed reading a fic written in real English ;) Hehe. The word colour NEEDS the 'u' :) You know it, I know it, and all those Americans know it too...they're just stubborn sumbitches ;) Hehe.

Thanks for writing this and posting it and making my Thursday a little brighter :)

xx
harper83 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Well I just adored this! So wonderful! And I totally agree with you on how annoying it is when Brennan is constantly taught a lesson!
Sheytune chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I love this. Especially:

and:
Few ask. People all over the world have made assumptions about them since before they were a them, because when one hears hoofbeats one is taught to think horses (while Booth and Brennan have always been zebras).

They make no efforts to hide the truth when questioned directly. Neither do they make any effort to explain the truth.

(No, I'm not married. Yes, it's a wedding band)
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This was lovely, it really was. I liked this version of events to come. I can totally see Brennan believing and behaving this way, and really Booth too. It so fits with where they are now and how they've gotten here.
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Loved it. You are so right and this was so "Brennan"!
bluexdaffodil chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This story is wonderful! Brennan is sill same old Brennan but also changed Brennan :D She still doesn't believe in marriage but she can appreciate the gesture and how much it means to Booth. Perfect! But still, Christine took my heart here ;)
SchwuppDiDupsi chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
really great. good work. i love you stories. awesome. thanks for sharing.
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Be still my heart! I adore this. . .
ExcellentDriver chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Thank you very much. Now if any of this doesn't happen on the show for real, I'll be frustrated for life.
Really, you gave me completely surreal expectations for the show.
I want to watch this so badly!
I want to see Christine being adorable and talking and Brennan being an awesome mom and Booth being a sweet father.
So, Bones better go to at least a season 12.

Now really, this was incredible. You made me laugh and smile and these were my favorite parts:

*"Because you and daddy are stubborn sumbitches and you're not married."*

LMAO. Of course it had to be Max.

*"Don't be mad at Grandpa. I didn't mean to tell."

Brennan sighs. "I'm not mad."

"You're making your mad face."

"I do not have a 'mad' face."

"Daddy says you do."*

Hahaha. I can just see Booth ganging up with Christine to tease Brennan.

*"Are you asking me to marry you?"

"No!"

"You sure?"

"You're being incredibly childish."

"Bones, I love you, but would you please get the hell out of the Men's Room before someone else comes in here?"*

LOLOLOLOLOL That is so them and SO should happen on the show!
JayBee188 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Oh...my god. I loved this! Squeee! The only little part that was OOC was Brennan flipping Booth off. I can see her tightening her lips or maybe even biting her thumb (Shakespeare reference), but not that. Anyway, I am in love with little Christine. And she cares what Michael thinks...awwwwwwwwww.
Biba79 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Christine watches these events transpire from the corner near the tub and once it's clear that Brennan is not so much in control of the situation, she immediately breaks into a run to tell daddy.

lol I couldn't stop laughing at that. Of course she would be that cool and tell on Brennan. lol

"Because you and daddy are stubborn sumbitches and you're not married."

I can't believe she said that to Brennan. lol That little girl is so cool in my book, especially now. lol

The conversation Christine has with Brennan about the ring and marriage was adorable, all because Christine wanted her ring. I loved how that started, all she wanted was to be right and her teacher to be wrong. And I don't think she cares if they are married or not.

I loved the ending. I loved that for them, they are married, but not on paper, and it doesn't matter what people think and let everyone assume what they want. Her idea was brilliant, or should I say your idea was brilliant.

I was really surprised with a fic from you, and extremely happy. Thank you for another wonderful piece Ren. I loved this one just as much as the other ones.
aguachica35 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I always love your stories and was a little concerned about your "brainless fluff" comment at the beginning...not brainless at all! Very clever and I am also on the fence with them being married, I think they probably will be in the end, but at this point I like your solution better. Maybe after this season we'll think differently.
daisy07 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I loved this! I think this is a very credible version of their love and to have them married but not married is absolutely perfect for them. Loved how you seamlessly (and brilliantly) included and explained the opening scene from 'The End in the Beginning' too.
Fluffybird chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Good story. It irks me too when the show writers make Brennan more awkward, dismissive and disrespectful; and Booth more of a buffoon, a bully and well...disrespectful. I think you are correct that they have been there done that and can't we just move on? A little bit?
Backing away from the RantRock now...just fictional characters in a story I am too attached to...no need for this blood pressure.
But yeah, enjoyed the facets of this story.
Chicklit chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Love this to bits. It is just so perfectly them, I grinned like a loon the entire time I was reading it. Thanks!
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »