Reviews for You Become a Habit to Me
NatesMama chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Amen, my sister! I don't care if they ever get married, as long as they're happy as they are. And this was sweet, but honestly...not too sweet for me. Very them. I loved it.

Well done, my friend. :)
eitoph chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This is the first time I have had to review with this new fangled system, so woo, crazy review window.

Marriage is an issue that fandom kind of struggles over and yet here you are with such an interesting and very possible take on how it could all play out. Like I've said before - this is real in a way that so many other fluff fics aren't; it felt right for the characters and right for the story and I was really taken in by the whole concept. Your idea of saccharine fluff has so much to it - it makes me think and feel in all the best ways.

I really like the idea of Booth with a ring, I'm not sure why, but no matter the reason for it, it makes me giddy.

I just loved the bit from the closing section: "Few ask. People all over the world have made assumptions about them since before they were a them, because when one hears hoofbeats one is taught to think horses (while Booth and Brennan have always been zebras)." So very true for Booth and Brennan.

I love that there is fic happening for us right now. This was such a lovely piece to read and I hope to see more where it came from.
HJ chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This is very very very nice. Hits all the right notes, and true to Booth and Brennan. Love it.
jenheir1 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I love everything about this story...interactions, situations, responses, and actions.
My heart sighed; thanks for sharing this with us.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I like it! Personally I see Booth and Bones getting married at some point because of the legal aspect - spouses can't be made to testify against one another, power of attorney, medical proxy, etc. (now Tony and Ziva I see never getting married but still being together) but this works for me just as well. Plus we have all had days like you just described (but with her money why doesn't Bones hire a personal assistant/housekeeper/nanny?).petuniatc
thegamblerandthescientist chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Beautiful and true to B&B. And I agree with every point of your endnote.
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Loved your story.
razztaztic chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
You made me late for work.

I mean, I was on time. Actually, I was early. But then that little alert popped up and I thought - Hey, I'll just read this before I get out of the car. So I did, and then I reread some of it and then I reread a little bit more and then - Holy shit! It's almost eight, I'm going to be late!

So, you made me late for work.

But I forgive you, because this was excellent. Thank you for writing!
RositaLG chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Sigh... that stupid, crazy grin is back on my face. Love every single thing about this.
GretaJ chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
What a lovely story-so real I could almost see it playing out on a screen. Well done!
dharmamonkey chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
*contented sigh*

I loved this. I loved the fluff. I loved the banter. I loved the Boothy smugness. (He is that way, isn't he?) I loved how you wove the EitB "want me to prove it to you" into this. I loved the wavelike rhythm you gave the interactions between these two people. Perhaps that more than anything really captured the B&B-ness here. Hoofbeats and zebras, indeed. Well done.

With mettā,
d/m
threesquares chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Oooh, me me! First review? Wow, that has never happened before. Thank goodness for twitter for the heads up. :-)

1. Important Thing - I love the use of capitals like this for emphasis and voice.
2. "and this is the moment they stop sharing-a-life-for-the-time-being in the safe realm of reason created by her mind and simply begin sharing a life" I really love this line. I also feel sad sometimes at the Henry Higgins effect (thank you fourthrose and rynogeny) and really love the different ways of imagining them together but not married even though sometimes that's ok too.

3. You did a wonderful job of tying the entire story together...references to Brennan not saying something "because that's something Angela would have said", all the little references to mix ups over pick up or their furniture or routine, the way that both of them had bad days that started with an earring. F*#kng earrings. :-)

4. I'm realizing as I am writing this up that what I want to say here is that this is an outstanding story about the Marriage Issue. But when I went to write that I realized that, for me, the story was an outstanding story of B&B and their frustrating and wonderful and sexy life together. And also a story about having a preschooler. I LOVE how long it is and how much detail we got and how funny it was. That's the main point really. Right there. Other things I really liked...

5. Brennan being worried that her hair was going to get eaten up by whatever Hodgins experiment was.

6. Booth changing the tire with Christine (I hate that I like this. EVERYONE is going to like this. I hate being like everyone.)

7. The pink backpack story and how Christine is never quiet. My youngest daughter has two volumes only...whisper and wicked loud. Thank goodness she's going to theater camp this morning...

8. Max. Stubborn sumbiches. Hah! Damn judgmental fools in the grocery story. I often find people to be either judgmental or kindred spirits in the grocery store, both equally. Weird.

9. Excellent job with Brennan-speak. "She made an assumption," Brennan amends. "As is often the case when one makes assumptions, it led to an erroneous conclusion." Christine didn't have any problem understanding her. Hah!

10. How somehow pockets for crayons was a point for Booth and pockets for snacks were a point in hers.

11. Brennan raises an eyebrow. "Are you just saying that because you want this one?"

"Maybe. But it's true."

-Booth AND Brennan, rolls into one. Honest and accurate.

12. Christine wearing the tie with the naked woman. Hee hee. Christine actually wearing the tie all day. Awwww.

13. "You're not going to take it back, are you?"

He's only half kidding.

"What? No, of course not," Brennan scoffs. "Don't be ridiculous."

Hah! hee hee! See? I keep going to give you a compliment and getting sidetracked by the funny bits!

I did really like how she did this, how serious she was and how in the spirit of the gift Booth was. How they understand each other. How irritated she was that it was taking him so long to reciprocate. Hah!

14. Mmmm, slips it on her finger when she's...distracted. Well played, Booth.

15. He buys her coffee so he can have sex with her. Hah! (hee hee...) *giggle*

16. Finally, I know I have to read between the lines, but *I* like that the story implies they are together forever. And never die. Unlike in some fics after which I can't stop crying. Whew.

17. Great story. Thanks. (This has taken me so long to write I'm probably not first anymore. Good thing I don't really care. I hope you get a 1000 reviews before me!)

Michele
AmandaFriend chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Lovely story. I like how their lives aren't perfect and they both seem to be having perfectly bad days and yet, they connect. It's interesting that Brennan would go about this "backwards" (as backwards as getting pregnant and only deciding late in the pregnancy to actually move in together) and craft the symbolism of marriage instead of the actual legal fact of the marriage.

I sometimes think two people who don't get married, but commit to one another so completely are, in some ways, more married than married people. I know that not having them get married is one way to maintain conflict and I don't expect them to get married for some time.

Again, a very nice story- well written and true to the characters.
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4