Reviews for Hetalia: Dear Fanfiction Writers
TheRantingHetalian chapter 14 . 11/27/2014
this! This is so true!

(p.s. I would love to play the piano with you, Austria. Maybe I could bring my flute?)
The Fangirl With A 1000 Names chapter 36 . 8/11/2014
Honestly, I love the female cast. I ship guys together, but I ship hetero and even femslash. I think this was waaaaaay overdue because those girls are boss.
Pliffy chapter 37 . 8/3/2014
Yeah kinda, I'm luckly I guess cuz I did found fanfiction on him.
ThatGirlInTheCornerFangirling chapter 5 . 7/30/2014
Sorry, Iggy, it..sorta does...

I personally don't read alot of regular fics, I go after angst, angst, angst, and more angst. I like looking into every characters (especially Alfred's and Feliciano's) personality and history, applying everything I can. Like, these two I just named, they have a deeper personallity than just yelling out shit about heroes and pasta. I spend my days scowering Tumblr in search of headcanons for these two. (And others too, but mostly them)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
I really love the way you portray the characters response because people need to chill. Like the one that annoys me the most is Russia. He may be 'childishly cruel' but he is not a rapist or a mass murderer psychopath like have you ever read or seen anything by Hidekazu that would suggest so? no. Same for a lot of characters. Sometimes the bad side of the hetalia fandom really annoys me :l but this is great and I am glad someone finally said something hahaha:)
St. Helena chapter 38 . 7/29/2014
Thank you for changing my mind on a small amount of them and wow nicely done with them. There was a few where I didn't know about the nation existence thank you now I shall research this person/nation!
ChildrenAreMySoulFood chapter 17 . 7/16/2014
Poland does what Poland wants, that's my motto.

I'm not even remotely polish...o.o
Drage-Ryuu-chan chapter 36 . 7/16/2014
Well, now that's one lovely idea you had here. I completely agree with these - when something is done for fun, in a parody or humor fic, that's fine. The problem becomes when writers misinterpret the characters, and thus influence other writers. I was led to believe many of the points addressed here upon discovering this community, before I read fanfictions which portrayed the characters decently.
UnluckyAmulet chapter 5 . 7/9/2014
Nothing outrages me more than people acting like my home country is a wuss, so thank you for this. Not just England either; The whole Hetalia cast need protecting!

Amulet
Channel Jumper chapter 36 . 7/7/2014
YES! Fight for freedom girl countries, one day, people will see who you are, and we will celebrate! Yep, I am also with you. I am dissapointed that Hetalia fans had hate on girl counties on their pairings and them being "perfect". I just want someone to make a satisfying rant on why hate on girl countries is completely ridiculous, the male countries will even back us up if they can.
Kit chapter 17 . 7/7/2014
YES POLAND KICK ALL THIER ASSES
Alba The Great chapter 36 . 7/7/2014
DUDE. THIS IS PERFECT THANK YOU
TheRantingHetalian chapter 36 . 7/7/2014
I don't get why the hetalia girls get hate. They all have great potential and are strong people. I always wondered why Seychelles gets hated on. They barely show her! And if it's because of Gakuen Hetalia, i will punch someone. In the game, YOU play as Seychelles, so why hate? And as my pen name says, i looove Belarus. I also get hate in real life when some girl fans of hetalia find out that i like Belarus and I'm a girl. Thanks for making these letters.
anonymouslily20 chapter 36 . 7/7/2014
What a great selection of letters, well done! I must say that I do agree with you on most of these topics, the fandom needs to learn to accept people's opinions more.
A general rule I follow is that you can ship any pairing you like as long as you don't spread hate against other pairings. Following this rule should lead to a more accepting fandom.
Also, I think that we shouldn't demonize characters such as Russia, Turkey, Belarus and others. Each Nation has had their bad moments, so why do we only pick on a few. To me, Nations are like angels with broken wings: pure at heart but troubled and misunderstood. Which is why, unless I am writing historical FanFiction, I use made-up characters as the villains, or give a very good reason for that Nation to be the villain involving research on their history with the protagonist.
Sorry for this long-winded review but I really enjoyed reading these letters!
Guest chapter 36 . 7/7/2014
Thank you, I've gotten bashed for liking Seychelles .