Reviews for English Journey
veniceit chapter 13 . 9/5/2012
There was a very strong part of me that hoped this story could go on forever and ever.

I can't imagine a better case for one of their first then this one. It perfectly wrapped up their beginnings and struggles in the early relationships.

It was a wonderful journey and a sweet ending. Thank you for this and sharing your pictures as well.

p.s. your observation about the scar on his chin is so true.
PocketSevens chapter 13 . 9/5/2012
I liked this story...very cute. Ending is so...Guerrero. :)
veniceit chapter 12 . 9/3/2012
This chapter made my skin tingle and the hair on my arms stand straight up. And the fact the the sheep got cold to proved that was a definate drop in temperature.

Chance opened up a lot in the shower with the boys but he never told them about the gray rider.
minx227 chapter 12 . 8/31/2012
That was good. I always loved the dynamics among the three men with their different personalties. Your stories just give them added dimension.
Cannot wait to read more of the early years.
niagaraweasel chapter 13 . 8/31/2012
Very nice ending to a wonderful story. Looks like Chance managed to lay more than one ghost to rest...

And I absolutely love that last scene with "nurse" Guerrero... SO cute! *very big grin*

You have managed to combine a very interesting lesson in English history with a wonderful, cute, heartwarming story into a perfect package. Thanks so much for writing and posting it!
chesswizard chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
I like those mystical elements which are skilfully woven into the historical surroundings. Are they just a vision or is more behind them?
Venice chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
I try hard to wrap my brain around history when I am touring an ancient castle or something...so true...they were real people. Real people walked those hall ways 100's of years before me. Its so surreal.

Sometimes we need reminders they were real people with the same feelings and needs we have. I really thought this chapter captured that feeling very well.
niagaraweasel chapter 12 . 8/29/2012
This is such a wonderful chapter... My favorite line is "Seriously, who could resist the magnetic attraction of an ancient stone wall and waste thought on such mundane things as realistic hiking distances when there was a Roman pathway to explore, dating back to 122 AD?" Such an apt description of the two professors... ;-).
And we finally got to learn more about Abby... and I hope that she learned a little about herself, too.

The scene with the ghost soldiers was absolutely great. Not scary or spooky, but sort of supernaturally sad and touching.

And the ending was as awwwwwww as it is likely to get with these three ;-).
chesswizard chapter 11 . 8/25/2012
This chapter gives a lively description of what makes history so much fascinating. It's not a "dead" science at all. The story of the wooden tablets is captivating!
veniceit chapter 10 . 8/23/2012
LOL, so funny how things just kept falling into perfect place for Chance. It was fun to read everything play out as if his mind had powers. Neat spin.

As for the ending with Guerrero and Chance...that moment...so powerful. They got this amazing bond there that the show hinted on but left void...I love how you are slowly filling that void.
niagaraweasel chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
And another very nice chapter... The story about the archaeologist and his field is very interesting. And I think Winston is absolutely right - it would take a very special kind of wife to not kick her husband for spending every free minute digging up a field ;-).
I love the way little details like the beer turn the Roman soldiers from shadowy historic figures into real people. And I can absolutely sympathize with Abby - a sight like that would certainly have the same effect on me...
And the ending is great - okay, there's no water involved, so technically Abby should be safe - but with that kind of terrain and steep drop-offs it's best not to send an engraved invitation to a certain Mr. Murphy... I can't wait to read the next chapter of this journey...
chesswizard chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
So, this excursion finally takes a very non-academic turn. Very thrilling and at the same time a plausible solution.
niagaraweasel chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
Very nice chapter. This time we have less history and more mystery - or more exactly the clearing up of the mystery of the strange behavior of Alan and the two professors. I love that scene on the tower - a lot of suspense and drama, a little humor and a very sad backstory for Alan's friend - a perfect mixture.
And that ending is just... not quite awwww, but very close ;-).
PocketSevens chapter 9 . 8/17/2012
Oh, Crap. Something tels me Alan and Abby have something in common.
PocketSevens chapter 8 . 8/17/2012
The 18th century wasn't exactly the most stellar moment in history, was it?

Something tells me Abby knows something about the children back then - could she be a descendent if one of those children?
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »