Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
necro-wulf chapter 64 . 7/14/2013
I have to say I had the same idea with the dragon-form power sharing. BB's powers are scientifically based, if you're looking at origins. But given some of the stuff he's done over the years, (in the Kingdom Come Continuity he could only do magic animals) his powers seem more likely to be based around animal mysticism, like Vixen or Animal Man (who also had a scientific origin but mystically natured powers). Anyway BB is totally magic, and in denial about it. He maintained thought as an amoeba, and has used that ability to actually do a full sized cloning in one comic.

That ambush during the wedding was both predictable, and unexpected. Being real, no superhuman wedding done in capes is going to go well, that Trigon was collected enough to be the perpetrator was a major surprise, and Raven loosing her shit was pretty much a give. It was her worst case scenario.

I loved Garfield just saying f*** the apocalypse, we're staying married. That will make any future breeding discussions slant a little more his way through precedent. Not that a woman needs to argue from a logical or supported position, she could honestly shut him down with 'because I said so' 9/10 times.

Still, I want to see their ab-human monstrosity children. Lets face it, those kids have the most unique racial background outside of munchkin tabletop RPG characters. They could be literally anything. What happens when you breed half-demon with shapeshifter? And they both have human DNA in there somewhere. God only knows what their expressed traits will be like.
Guest chapter 64 . 7/13/2013
Lol great chapter and that is why your one of my favorite writters :)
krostovikraven1 chapter 64 . 7/13/2013
Not only was long but awesome. and the way i see it there is a better part... THAT IS NOT FINISHED YET!
so there is more to come... .YAY!

Amazing, absolutely amazing. And I know it was like a crucial, serious situation but i couldn't help but to laugh every time Garfield thought about how heavy the weight pinning him down was.

And the part where she's thinking on a way to still make it his fault was hilarious.

You just made my night... Have I told you that I love you?
V is for the 5th chapter 64 . 7/13/2013
I feel I need a quote here, eh hem:
"THAT WAS SO TOTALLY WICKED!"-kid from Incredibles.
Also, I will find someway for "Taste the rainbow to be in my story.
(Oh and, it was also all nice and gooey and sweet and all the other things you do normally, I didn't miss them, they were epic as usual.)
OPfan22 chapter 64 . 7/13/2013
I've never heard of "strange" before. I'm not dating anyone but if I meet up with a strange lady I'll for sure be using this term! Excellent chapter as always.
Dead Bones Sam chapter 64 . 7/13/2013
Nothing tells successful wedding like sticking it to the brides dad, nicely done hope it's not the end
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 64 . 7/13/2013
Nice wedding, at least until the crasher arrived. Glad Grayson didn't give her away. That would have almost been as wrong as Aqualad having the honor, though I must say that I'm surprised at his sudden contrition. Can a Tiger Shark really change it's stripes? I was also wondering if Trigon would somehow show up.

Also, a nod to Raven for being honest and not wearing white, though her groom doesn't know the full reason behind her decision. That said, I do think that it's unfair that women are subject to that while guys are given a pass.

One nit: an annulment does not dissolve a marriage. It's a pronouncement that the marriage was invalid from the get go, in other words, that there never was a marriage. And from a Christian perspective it was invalid as there were no vows of fidelity shared, at least none that were direct. There were vows of permanence though. I recently attended a non religious wedding were no vows of any kind were shared. Then again the clergyman married them by the authority of the state and not the church, which pretty much means the marriage was valid at least in the eyes of the State of California.

Still disappointed that Raven kept her fling a secret, especially after all the crap she put him through. But that's life I guess, people keeping dark secrets from their loved ones.
Bob chapter 63 . 7/13/2013
I'm going to have to go with Gar with the eye rolling. Raven's personality is still too logic-based for her to always not nag or complain. Conflict happens in any marriage. Still, the vows are just words at this point. Putting them into practice may be harder than she thinks.

I'm very surprised that this chapter is the night before the wedding, and apparently, children have seemingly not been brought up at all by either. Raven may just be waiting for Gar to make the first move, but surely someone may have said something earlier that could have reminded Gar that that particular aspect of marriage and family hadn't been discussed. In your first Raven/Gar wedding, you had written this conflict to occur during the engagement, with a little freak out from Gar along with it. It just seems very shortsighted of the characters to leave this discussion after the wedding.

Keep up the good work on your story.
Caprichoso chapter 63 . 7/12/2013
It's coming to an end soon, and I have to say, it's been a hell of a ride.

The Trekkie touch is awesome, and I love Rage getting called grumpus.

I'm curious: do you write in Gmail? Because something tells me "'It matters for as long as we honor it.' Lawn services" was an accidental cut-and-paste of a Google ad... or else Raven's thoughts on marriage are quite unique.

The vows honestly have me conflicted; there are things in there that are just plain unrealistic in a lifetime relationship. Never once in 60 years is she ever going to go shopping with him for anything? That'll make decorating any potential home a nightmare. So for her to promise these things as part of her wedding vows makes me a bit uneasy... but that's just me.

All in all, this story has been absolutely incredible, and you'll have me as a reader long after it's ended.
Halfwrong chapter 63 . 7/11/2013
Now if every woman in the world kept vows like that, every marriage would be a happy one.
shadowjack12345 chapter 63 . 7/10/2013
I don't know how far you are from whatever end you have in mind but, however much more there is, this has been an epic undertaking. Aside from the occasional trip in the car today (I was driving), I have been reading this story for approximately 14 hours. I confess to being slightly dismayed at the infidelities but, with those story elements, you explored Starfire's cultural differences and added a sense of reality and adulthood that I know I would have botched if I had attempted it. In most stories I find, problems of that sort are usually attributed to a single scapegoat but here, everyone is alive and human (sort of) and fallible. Even Aqualad, douche supreme, earns the professional respect of the others, if not personal respect. So in conclusion: very, very well done!
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 63 . 7/10/2013
Raven sure kissed BB's bootie! Feeling guilty about something, Rae Rae?
animemanga luvr chapter 63 . 7/9/2013
heh...really liked the last lines 3 ;) :3 :D XD .
Nerd-Fghter chapter 63 . 7/9/2013
Awesome
Canis Zol chapter 63 . 7/7/2013
I've been waiting for a new chapter. i loved it, I've loved this entire fanfic and you are an AMAZING writer. You capture their characters so well, it makes me thinks YOU should be writing the new teen titans series.
1,638 | « Prev Page 1 .. 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 .. Last Next »