Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
thedrunkencupcake chapter 56 . 4/2/2013
Great story, as all the previous ones were. Keep up the good work.
writewords chapter 55 . 3/31/2013
You are remarkably attentive to detail for a guy, hopefully you won't take that as an insult as it is meant as a compliment! It is so refreshing reading from a man's point of view, it is rare, either that or guys just don't admit what gender they are when they write fanfiction. I am so glad I found this story, I half expected it to get all crap once Changeling and Raven got together but I was pleasantly surprised as this kicks ass, I can't believe I started reading it and finished on THE MOST CLIFFHANGERY POINT IN THE STORY, but it s'ok, I'm cool... love this anyway, just in case that wasn't clear:))
Me chapter 55 . 3/30/2013
This is one of the best fan fics I have EVER read! I love this story! There haven't been a few chapters uploaded in a while tho...
ssjEasterBunny chapter 55 . 3/26/2013
Nice chapter. I'm glad to see the Titans beginning to consider forgiving one another. The launch scene was a good touch; the take-off sequence constantly getting interrupted as the Dick and Gar arrive to join the fun.

Now update! Don't leave us hanging!
anonymous chapter 55 . 3/23/2013
I have just one often do you update. This fanfic is extremely well written by the way, just in case you didn't already know. Also, please don't drop off the face of the earth before you finish this or tens of thousands of people will be mad at you!
ssjEasterBunny chapter 49 . 3/21/2013
You know, things were slowing down and since you kept mentioning an eventual proposal scene, I was pretty sure this story was on its way out. It's been a great story indeed, and truly epic as well - you developed the relationship very gradually over the course of much time and many events. I'll admit, though, that I haven't been looking forward to any sort of proposal from Changeling. I know Force does it all the time, but I really feel like it's not what Gar or Raven are about.

All of that said, I'm glad I kept reading because holy shit, you really threw us a curve ball this time! I've read a LOT of BB/Rae fics but I certainly never expected THIS. Changeling and Starfire have really screwed things up. I can't really forgive Changeling, but you actually made write a compelling case for Starfire's end of it. Dick is obviously upset about it, but it's not clear whether he's leaving because he can't forgive her, or if he's leaving because the infidelity has severed the strongest tie that was keeping him there in the first place.

And poor Raven! After all that she's struggled with to learn how to trust and love and be happy, this must be completely devastating. Although Cyborg is still around, she's lost all the people that she's had meaningful relationships with. To be honest, I'd rather have seen the doctor come back into the picture (or have Raven go to talk to her), add opposed to having Rita as her confidant instead. I understand that they're both "freak" meta-humans and all that, and Rites's doing a good enough job, but it's just too weird having Gar's mother around. Maybe you have a plan for it, so I'll wait and see.
LovelyMagicDarkStrength chapter 55 . 3/15/2013
Absolutly wonderful! I domt understand why everyone is so upset, I find that what you did added more to the story, and built MORE character which of course is wonderful!
Ignore the negitive, And stick with what you think is right
I Loved this last chapter, I thought it was Beautiful:)! UPDATE SOON
thedrunkencupcake chapter 55 . 3/14/2013
A good fanfic makes the reader cry, become frustrated, yell out loud at the characters, jump around when your favorite couple gets together, and provides such imagery that you feel like you are there. Sir, this is a good fanfic. I wish it were possible to get on my kindle. Oh! how nice it would be to read on the airplane I have to take on Thursday.
Zekiev Zolnerowich chapter 55 . 3/13/2013
i love this fanfic so far its been my favorite. keep up the amazing work! THE FEELS TnT
ssjEasterBunny chapter 28 . 3/13/2013
1. Raven's entrance at the party was amazing. Herald's "Aw hell yeah!" really set the mood for something great, and you definitely delivered. And let me tell you, I'm not one to get all bent out of shape over an attractive cartoon character. But damn, your prose and imagery was so fantastic, and your costume idea was so creative (especially loved the obsidian wings), that I couldn't tell if I wanted to nail her or paint her. Probably the latter, if only I were a painter.

2. Using Cyborg's perspective during the Aqualad altercation worked out quite well. I liked the computer voice narrating his response to a possible threat. And I LOVED how he sees something flying through the air and then you suddenly changed tones with, "The 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition $50 coin was the heaviest coin ever minted by..." I laughed so hard. What a great transition of perspectives from Cyborg's to Changelings.
Zekiev Zolnerowich chapter 30 . 3/12/2013
-BAM- cyborg, you are a total badass.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 25 . 3/12/2013
I like how Raven has gone from one polar extreme to the other. When she first started venting her emotions, she became happy but also melodramatic and kind of unstable. Now she's tried to tone it back and indeed, she's regained stability but at the cost of becoming more detached than she's ever been. She couldn't even get exited for sex! By the way, I love how numb you made her when she said the sex was "clinically interesting". What an unsatisfying way to experience something that should be passionate and exciting!

To be honest, I don't think Aqualad has find anything terribly wrong. His handling if the relationship had not been IDEAL, but I don't think he's been sleezy or manipulative. True, he obviously wants sex, but what 20 year old doesn't? Aside from leaving each date rather abruptly, I don't think he's been as bad as I think you wanted him to be.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 19 . 3/9/2013
Hiya! I've meant to read your story for a few weeks now, and finally started about a week ago. Sorry about the lack of reviews on my part; I use an app to download and read fics on my phone, but I can't review with said app.

I like the story. It moves at a fast pace, but you slow down at all of the appropriate points and give everyone their due attention. You've done a good job with Changeling, in that he seems himself but, well, matured. You introduced (and the concluded) his whole sabbatical thing kinda suddenly, and admittedly, that probably could have been managed a little less haphazardly. But the end result makes it hard to criticize that point too much, since I like his current character. I also like Starfire's more active role in giving Raven the reality checks that she apparently needs. Sometimes Starfire seems a little too mature, since she's traditionally the naive one. I suppose it makes sense that she's learned from the mistakes that all teens make, and simply hasn't let it affect her outward personality.

And on that note, we arrive at Raven. To be honest, I'm not very keen on the whole "three years of emotional experience" equivalency thing you have going on. The principle is fair enough; she's never done anything with her emotions other than suppress them, and now she doesn't know how to handle them. My two-shot explores that very concept and the same frustrations that she encounters (it's "A Martian Abandon" if you're interested in a quick read... and maybe letting me know what you think? Pleeeeease). I guess I'm just nitpicking that while she's making some of questionable decisions about Aqualad (poor guy getting written as a player) and having her drama-girl tantrum about Changeling, I would expect some part of her to be disgusted with herself.

Finally, nice reference to "Deadpan Love"! I read your chess scene and thought, "Huh, this is just like that story where Raven asks Beastboy out but has to be outwardly cold to manage her inward emotions." Figures I remembered all that but forgot the title. Anyway, then I got to the end of your chapter and saw your footnote! So... nice easter egg.
krostovikraven1 chapter 55 . 3/8/2013
finally, they needed some kind of closure. at least with Starfire. it was harsh of Raven to make the girlfriend comment to BB but i guess it had build up ever since the incidnt that she coulnt help it.
i'm glad the guys showed up atthe last minute to go to Tamaran. and poor BB is getting his ass kicked but is getting results.
now you have me at the edge of my seat in a nerve wrecking expectation. please, please update soon.
and what about Bb and Raven, will they reconcile soon? i hope she can be as patient with him as she was with Starfire. but at least she has a better perspective.
have i told you what an excelent writter you are, its just amazing how flawlessly the situations and plots have come together. their personalities, have evolved withing their own parameters and are now according to their age. i really love this story and i'm looking forward for the next chapters.
krostovikraven1 chapter 54 . 3/8/2013
it is a very ineresting relationship Nightwingand Raven have. not a "friend with benefits" kind. but they trust each other in more way than friends do. and still professional about it.

i liked this chapter very much.
1,569 | « Prev Page 1 .. 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 .. Last Next »