Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
TheBlueRingOfHope chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
That was really really well done, some parts were expected but also a good portion was really suprising, especially the scenes with starfire, very well done.
TripleTheCheese chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
I'm actually really happy with how you portrayed Raven in this chapter. Her using logic to what she learned from casual sex was hilarious to me. I knew what the situation was gonna be when Nightwing requested her help, and i hoped that you could be able to pull off an uncomfortable situation like that. In my opinion, you succeeded all expectations.
Caprichoso chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
...Hmm. I was not expecting the vast majority of that.

While I'm not so certain about a one-night stand between Raven and Dick (that whole comic canon bewitchment homewrecking thing notwithstanding), you pulled it off pretty convincingly and without melodrama. I can see it coming back to bite them in the ass later, given its premeditation versus instinctive action... but that remains to be seen. Secrets rarely keep.

I'm not certain Patton's speech fits here. It just seems... awkward. Still, the other peek at Tamaran is, for lack of a better word, just plain awesome. It'll be great to see the response next chapter.
Caprichoso chapter 53 . 2/26/2013
As always, you have me captivated. I'm going to plow through to the next chapter right away, but I wanted to note one thing that's bugging me a bit:

Blackfire's name is Komand'r, rather than Kormand'r. It's an easy thing to miss, given that everything from Tamaran tends to send the spellchecker off into a conniption fit. It might help to remember that Starfire's name is taken from Coriander and Blackfire's is from Commander.

Now that I've nitpicked at this and checked on your reviews to see what all the hubbub is about... screw the river of flame. Write your story the way your characters are going to act. You're doing a marvelous job so far.
egg1 chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
Just what I didn't want to happen, happen. But in all fairness I knew that it was going to. And no they haven't been together since Haunted. ;) lol What is going to happen when Beast Boy and Starfire find out? Because that kind of thing all ways come out in the end.
Jude3e chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
I must say, I wasn't entirely a big fan of Raven and Nightwing "hooking up", however the predictable cliffhanger ending was a very subtle and wonderous way to wrap up the chapter. Nice work.
Paragon the Half-Dragon chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
I smell a reunion! (Sniff...sniff) smells like mulch and bacon...
JOHNXgambit chapter 54 . 2/26/2013
Epic chapter my friend, I love the cosmic running joke u have with BB and blondes seeing with all the trouble they cause in the past one points him in the right direction. SF's Patton speech was riveting but it was hard to stay in a serious frame of mind when I hear KILL DA WABBIT in the back of my head throughout the whole chapter. Stevie Wonder could see the rob/rae thing happen but that was bound to happen they're young adults all there ducks aren't in a row yet and yes this will cause another rift in the future, hopefully this will be the last reality check raven needs to understand she's stuck with the green one.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
Ugh! You did it, you reduced Raven to a horny slut who enjoys casual sex. How disappointing. That this step is somehow supposed to be necessary to further her reconciliation with BB is absurd. If anything, it's damaging, not healing.
Victorthe3rd chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
You, sir, are a FUCKING GENIUS! I loved every single bit of this story! From Kori's empassioned speech, to Garfields try at some semblance of normalcy. I enjoyed his sort of tell all confession to a potential bed mate, and her exceptance of the situation and offering both potential future possibilities and not sounding slutty about it. (kudos on the final dialouge of that convo) The "casual" date, the not-so-casual aftermath, to Kori's battle strategy and subsequent choice to focus on the continuity of her species wrather than a last ditch, balls-to-the wall assault, as well as her final try at letting her friends know what was going on. All I could hear in my head was the theme to the Wonder Years. (If I could have a little help from my friends!) I love the way you allowed Raven and Nightwing to engage in intercourse without the campy, cliche next morning freak out. I liked how you were able to convey both characters sense of friendship, even when introducing more-than-friendship situations. I like how you kept it platonic even though both characters knew that there could be more. You played the "all cards on the table" card and didnt make it gushy. They kept the situation in context, but giving it a life of its own. BRA-FUCKIN-VO! Words cannot express how much I enjoyed reading your story. Are you still writing lemons with the accompanying scenes? As an avid fan, I hope so! And if possible could u msg me the links to the past lemons? I am definitely old enough to view such material. 11/30/85! Thanks for the awesome read.
tatsumarusmith chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
War has always been an ugly thing, its nice to see that our usually jovial star fire is taking it as...stoicly... as possible knowing full well her responsibilities in the coming battle. Its interesting to think about how the titans will react and fight in the coming war(for unless i missed my guess they are gonna participate in).

Didnt review last chapter cause dates and times escape me at the best of times and you update alot more regularly then most other authors I read. The fact that I read this once a week AND is well written is pretty phenomenal and if you ever decided to pursue a career in writing id at the very least like to ask what your pen name would be(unless you used your real name) and happily peruse whatever you have managed to have written. :)

I also enjoyed garfields and his "dates" conversation very much, i found it oddly insightful and very thoughtful and enjoyed it immensely, if nothing else, because of how easily the female just kind of "rolled" with it and took it in her stride as she listened to our garfield spill his guts about what was bothering him. Very good stuff as always and cant wait for the next chapter. :)
theluckyshot chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
Blighter, fairly soon my language is gonna become ever more foul... seriously though, I can see where your going from a story standpoint but it just seems so muddled at the moment.

Again personal experience here. The truth about the whole Rae/Rob thing would have to come out as soon as possible if the relationships between Rae/BB and Rob/Star would have any chance at being saved... even then it is seriously an absoulute long shot. Then again maybe others have seen a happier outcome than I.

Plus keeping a secret like that would cause huge amounts of guilt, even with the whole 'we're both single' thing. At least if the people involved have any moral compuctions that is (And if they do indeed have strong feelings for the one's they've lost) , and judging from your characterizations so far they do. So there really shouldn't be any tip-toeing around the issue here.

All things stated above are my opinion and I do not speak for you. Please do not take offense or feel the need to pander, for I am merely expressing my own experiences. This is indeed your story and for the most part I enjoy it, so you keep on doing your own thing. In the end I see it more as you writing this for yourself (which is a good thing as I write for myself as well, rather than fans in the end) and if a few things must be done then they must be done.

Chowbo chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
Your post time was just right to be wrong for me, I was able to read the through the speach Starfire gave and then had to leave for class. The speach itself was cool. I wonder, did you make the speech up or did a general really give it to his men. If you didn't make it up I wonder who gave it. But really "Ride of the Valkyries"...bad ass choice!

The experiment with Nightwing was kinda unexpected, but I still like it. I have to admit that Star's plan on the New Genesis prodject was really cool.
Bob chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
First of all, like the speech inspired by the opening speech in 'Patton'. Very comically adapted.

Second of all, I do agree with some of the others in how Raven and Nightwing have fallen. Yes, experimental/revenge sex is possible, but like others say, this was a planned/noticed encounter compared to a fling brought about by stress and alien anatomy. Adding in the fact that Raven sought Nightwing, and not some random pretty face, twists more salt into their actions. I do realize that Nightwing left before hearing anything other than the statement of fact from Starfire, and Beast Boy left before Raven was calm enough to listen to a larger explanation, but neither of the 'victims' asked the big question of 'Why?' before moving onto each other. I'm interested in how things go from here.

I'm also curious about these dropped concepts you had wanted to go through. Oh well. Keep up the good work on this story.
SinfulReader45 chapter 54 . 2/25/2013
So all along Raven is planning on continuing to use Garfield as a crutch to stop her bouts of insanity? Who knows, I guess demons can't view sex as treasured as animals do. And keeping secrets about revenge sex? (I don't buy that "experiment" bullshit). Good grief, no wonder the team fell apart. They can't even trust their own with themselves.

Kinda makes me wish both Starfire and Beast Boy die in the upcoming battle. Would save them both a lot of grief and heartache. Maybe then Raven can continue her "experiments" for casuals' sake. (I agree with her earlier statement, she is a bit of a slut. I mean, I doubt Rita "entertained" that many men in such a short time.)

If Starfire and Beast Boy are smart, they will make their "partners" work to get back in their good graces, rather than fall all over them over cheap words and even cheaper sex.

All in all, a emotional chapter. Nice work.
1,566 | « Prev Page 1 .. 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 .. Last Next »