Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
KCJB chapter 64 . 4/16/2014
Oh. My god. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! That was awesomest Maximus!
KCJB chapter 58 . 4/14/2014
Awwwww. I stood up later then I should have but I could't stop reading in the middle of the break up and make up. Beautifully done. Nice, drawn out, and truthful. Impressive to say the least
Jerel chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Didn't notice this before, but you've given lots of backstory and did it in an entertaiing way. Those who know that characters' histories will be entertained and those who don't won't feel lost trying to understand why the characters act and think the way they do. Great job!
The defenastrator chapter 20 . 4/7/2014
Pro tip stories are uniquely identified by the number following the /s/ so /s/3588436 to the fanfiction net domain brings you to "Dead pan Love" appending /2 to that brings you to chapter 2. /3 goes to chapter 3. And so on. Using this story /chapter id system you can get around fanfictions url filtering.
the-guy-up-stairs-to-the-left chapter 71 . 4/2/2014
this has been one of the most epic, long and emotionally satisfing experiences of my life the characters where well developed and fleshed out it had me caring for them at a different level than the show did and i'm so glad i found and read the whole thing and i hope you as an author can move even further than this so much so that this seems like a childrens book
MD1996 chapter 79 . 3/29/2014
Thank you for writing this. It is unquestionably the best fanfic I've ever read, and I've read a lot. I'm considering this canon (unless a season 6 ever gets released). You made me cry at Garfield's death scene (I was pissed when they broke up , but you redeamed yourself).
I have to ask,though, why was Raven counting poses in Japanese instead of English? Was it a Japanese martial art?
Looking forward to your next story,
MD1996
animelover56348 chapter 73 . 3/24/2014
Utterly and completely beautiful story. Very few are able to truly capture the means of human nature and what it means to live like this story did. Its hard to see this end but it ended perfectly and with none to little of tears on my part. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Jerel chapter 41 . 3/19/2014
Just noticed this... A robe with a DRAGON pattern on the back? Raven?
LordCrusade chapter 73 . 3/18/2014
This deserves a review, a long review, lets begin. I have read your story from start to finish, Awesome, Magnificent, Sensational, Sweet, Fascinating, Incredible, Unbelievable, Crazy, Out of This World, Mind blowing, Breathtaking, Moving, Marvelous, Fantastic, Cool, Wicked, Lovely, I'm going to run out of words if I keep this up but I think you get the general idea. I read a lot of romantic fanfiction, something akin to half a bookstores worth of material, I know a best seller when I read one, yours goes beyond the list I currently have. First things first the romance, for starters you don't suffer from the phrase "plot, what plot? this is pure smut!" While its all well and good to have some hardcore sex now and again my opinion is that passion between two characters is the most important part if they truly are supposed to be in love, the phrase soul mates comes to mind in this instance. I can't begin to tell you the different emotions I felt when it became apparent that their was an accepted connection between the two in the first chapters, how overjoyed I was when she slowly started to fall for him, or how much I wanted to huck Aqualad into active volcano after that dance scene (and inside a black hole as the chapters progressed). My heart has been broken before, when Raven denied Changeling what she had given him that morning after their first time making love I almost punched my screen, it was stupid and brash of her and I loved you all the more for making me feel those emotions over the situation; however, as the chapters progressed you made me feel more, when she almost died on the motorcycle trying stop him from leaving, the heartbreak your described, and the passion soon after caused by her confession, it was all intoxicating. The drama of his "betrayal" with Starfire, the things he did to once again prove his passion and love for her on Tamaran, it was written so well the harsh reality I read in each line was laid out before my eyes. I felt the explosion, watched her transform, could hear the pain, but also the love in her voice when they finally "talked." The later chapters only got better, how he shocked her with the marriage proposal, the desperation in her voice when she tried to convince him that he should give up on the idea, she is a half demon after all, but no you made her into a person actual and whole in my eyes, through both Garfields words, and the adventures you weaved. The wedding was beautiful, terrifying, bad ass (loved the dragon/demon raven combo), and above all heart warming with a touch of perfectly timed humour of course. The honeymoon was perfect as well, I have already made my opinion on this sort of subject clear so in the interest of space I will sum up in one phrase: "The law of the Changeling jungle, love and be loved." Finally the epilogue, never before have I cried so hard in my life from reading ANY story, fanfiction or otherwise. I knew it was coming, I was two lines ahead the whole time, but the way you wrote, the way you weaved all the joy, pain, love, sorrow, and passion into one final scene of fully aware, but completely denied suspense will forever stick in my mind. I fear death, like many I do not know what is on the otherside, no matter your faith I believe everyone still holds on to that same question, "is their something waiting for me on the otherside?" I cried for the loved ones I know I will one day lose, or the pain I will cause them if I died tomorrow, but it was your chapter that caused that, not my constant sessions of meditation where I ponder the questions of this world, nor the fear just randomly seeping out, but rather the amount of pain every word in that simple sentence, "for their would be no answer; for he was gone." Never have I read a more heartbreaking ending, nor have I ever smiled so brightly when two characters were finally able to kiss again, you have done something truly spectacular. This is a long review I know, I won't fault you for skipping, but someone like you deserves a review this long and detailed. The character descriptions were dead on, if their personalities were a target, then you hold the the bow, and your writing is probably the most accurate arrow I have ever seen. The way they react to all the situations, the humour and support they provide to the story, you didn't just create a perfect pair of love birds, but also crafted a nest with the detail of the Sistine chapel. Their is more to be said, drama being one thing of many still to stated, it's varied and spaced evenly, not just an entire a book of it but enough to show the challenges they faced, the obstacles they had to overcome, as both teenagers and lovers. The fighting was another part you showed off well, summarizing the nitty gritty, and holding out for when the detail was needed as a way to bridge the story, or find a way to overcome certain "obstacles." One good example is how you summarized Nightwings depression after blood haven in a few paragraphs rather than simply using it to make the story longer, it was important but not to the point of describing how they kicked slades butt in detail. Finally the Humour, you did better than any other Raven/Beastboy Fanfiction I have read thus far, and is on par with just about anything else I have read in general. You do it both with sometimes subtly, or in a manner that is blatantly obvious; however, you use them where they would fit instead of just jamming it in for comedy's sake (also if you did do that then wow you are one lucky SoB). I had to read this in private so my friends wouldn't stare at me when I would suddenly burst out laughing, my only explanation being "inside joke, you wouldn't get it." From start to finish this story has been enchanting, spellbinding as Changeling would say, between the romance, comedy, and overall feel of the story I can't think of any other work of literature that has made me feel this way so intensely. I review at the end of any fanfiction that I believe had both love and effort put into it, you have more then definitely deserved all this praise. I couldn't find anything wrong with this story, sure they was a spelling mistake here and there but without an editor to comb through the writing no one will catch everything. My user name is Lord Crusade, and with all the royal power I can muster I award you with the title of Greatest Storyteller in all of Fanfiction and beyond, may this review bring you joy and happiness even a tenth of what your story has given me, thank you.

-Sincerely, Lord Crusade, Kaelan Horsburgh
Jerel chapter 19 . 3/17/2014
"All clients lie"? Is she Dr. House's daughter or something?
Fluffbeast chapter 55 . 3/15/2014
I love the Back to the Future Reference. Classic.
Whoever chapter 73 . 3/13/2014
Death Cab For Cutie- I Will Follow You Into The Dark is just perfect for this chapter. When Raven says she wouldn't be let into heaven or Hell, I thought of this song. I'm sure Changeling would leave and follow her.
HermioneSakuraGardner07 chapter 79 . 3/10/2014
This story wa absolutely amazing! It definitely didn't start out how I expected it, but I'm glad I stayed put to read it! Thank you so much for everything! The karaoke was hilarious!
A Certified BAMF chapter 31 . 3/7/2014
I feel the need to point out that the titans are a part of the DC universe, while Stark Industries is part of Marvel, owned by Iron Man, so the Central Motivator would probably have been made by Wayne Enterprises or Star Labs. Just sayin.
G THE NEPHILIM chapter 79 . 3/5/2014
Nice man just nice I couldn't stop laughing lol anyway thanks for writing a awesome story this is probably the best bb/Rae fic I have ever read and I'm excited about your future stories and have a good break man u deserve it and another thing me and my brother are writing our own comic series and that's all I'm going to say about well see ya lamont-G THE NEPHILIM.
1,544 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »