Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
CrimsonsNight chapter 21 . 2/10/2013
I forgot to mention that I really liked how ravens first instinct was to correct beast boy whenever he said her name I loved that interaction between them. This chapter I think was very good and effectively conveyed a different aspect of beast boy’s personality.
CrimsonsNight chapter 20 . 2/10/2013
this chapter seemed alittle unorginal in some ascepts. I loved the mugging scene and how raven and best boy intereact was a little surreal...in a very good way. it seemed as if they were very mature.
CrimsonsNight chapter 19 . 2/10/2013
I...like Jane. Her ability to understand the teenage drama is nice and it brings an authoritative control to the situation, and with that control comes the assurance of authority that leaves raven at easy. Very clever
CrimsonsNight chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
Hmmm, this chapter bright spot was at the moment when he asked her out and her reaction. I liked the wasy you emphasized the different states her mind went through as she processed the information.
CrimsonsNight chapter 17 . 2/10/2013
One thing I really appreciate about you as an author is your concern and consideration for your readers. I really like it when authors respond to their reviews; it says a lot about their character.

Your star fire is definitely one of my favorite. The way you've constructed her personality and unique way of speaking is fantastic.
CrimsonsNight chapter 16 . 2/10/2013
I absolutely loved the growling scene and how well you capture cyborg and robins personas in that moment was perfect.
CrimsonsNight chapter 15 . 2/10/2013
The sexual tension in this chapter was cute. And the detail description was well laid out. I like how beast boys fixation with raven "hips" works to convey his animal side, all things considered, animals would natural be more drawn to this aspect of their mate.
CrimsonsNight chapter 14 . 2/10/2013
I thought it was so cute and realistic the way raven stumbled all over herself, and went out of her way to be polite. It also seems to foreshadow future events with the way she approaches obstacles and problems. I also was struck immobile by the awesomeness of the healing scene. The whole scene was beautifully portrayed.

A critique...you would think that beast boy would know not the place vital parts of his anatomy in harms way.
CrimsonsNight chapter 13 . 2/10/2013
The way you convey people inability to control their emotion is fantastic, and very well done. Ravens reaction to the events was very good. i enjoyed this chapter despite its bitter tones...
CrimsonsNight chapter 12 . 2/10/2013
The way you add outside information into the story adds layers and substance to the story, and is one of my favorite aspects of your writing,...I also love your explanation for beast boy’s strangeness. I hope your expand upon this concept...maybe that’s because I find a tender, but wild beast boy irresistible? I don't know. I hope my comments are not strange or unwanted.
CrimsonsNight chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
I liked how you begin laying the groundwork for future relationships early on. And your description of beast boy’s innocence is just precious. your illistration of starfire is very different, but in a good way i think.
CrimsonsNight chapter 10 . 2/10/2013
I love beast boy’s angst at ravens scent! It’s so beautifully intense. And I like how you made them connect to each other o such a deep level that their life reflects each other’s. What I mean is: beast boy decided to make a change, to grow and in turn, raven made a similar decision as a result. It is almost as if they grew as people together. Does that make sense? As a reader your story is open to interpretation, so if I am way off on any of your intentions feel free to correct me. But whether or not I take your corrections to heart is a debatable topic.

another thing i like is how you don't directly spell out whats going on and leave room for the reader to make approriate connections.
CrimsonsNight chapter 9 . 2/10/2013
I have to say one of the things I admire most about your writing, and I’m sure I will continuously praise, is the intricate web of dialogue and plot. I really love how scenes now in the story connect with scenes later in the story. For example, star fire tells beast boy not to be there to pick up the pieces of ravens heart or forever be doomed to the friendship zone. And here in this chapter he does something similar for raven when Malchior breaks her heart. Very clever because in an indirect way it explains why he is in the situation he is in to begin with.

I also love the way you incorporate beast boy's animal side. It’s somewhat sexy, with out being overly creepy.

I apologize if my thinly veiled fan girl side is beginning to become overbearing...soon I may find myself squealing with joy at the brilliance of the story and your writing.

I apologise if my thinly veiled fan girl side is begining to become overbearing...soon i may find myself squeallying withh joy at the brillance of the story and your writing.
CrimsonsNight chapter 8 . 2/10/2013
I find that the best way to write battle scenes is to not be too broad with your perspective because it makes the reader detached from the battle itself(unless that’s what your going for) and then recounting, in a subtle way, the events that unfolded around the character you choose to audit. Important events, and not in a list format. But this is just a generalization and is not meant to be followed to a T. I'm mentioning this because I recall you mentioning you lacked confidence in your battle scene writing capabilities.
I liked how even though beast boy and raven were no longer attached to one another they still walked away with a piece of each other. You convey this idea with the dialogue at the end of the chapter.
CrimsonsNight chapter 7 . 2/10/2013
I think you strayed a little to far from ravens orginal personality too quickly with the smack, but then again its already a different universe. I just can't see her smacking him. Did she suddenly forget she was a half demon? That little nit-picky-nitch aside, i really can't express how much I love your portrayal of beast boy. and how well you characterize their feelings as a boy and girl is very intuative..but i could be wrong i'm not well versed in these areas.
1,636 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 .. Last Next »