Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
CrimsonsNight chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
Hmmm, this chapter bright spot was at the moment when he asked her out and her reaction. I liked the wasy you emphasized the different states her mind went through as she processed the information.
CrimsonsNight chapter 17 . 2/10/2013
One thing I really appreciate about you as an author is your concern and consideration for your readers. I really like it when authors respond to their reviews; it says a lot about their character.

Your star fire is definitely one of my favorite. The way you've constructed her personality and unique way of speaking is fantastic.
CrimsonsNight chapter 16 . 2/10/2013
I absolutely loved the growling scene and how well you capture cyborg and robins personas in that moment was perfect.
CrimsonsNight chapter 15 . 2/10/2013
The sexual tension in this chapter was cute. And the detail description was well laid out. I like how beast boys fixation with raven "hips" works to convey his animal side, all things considered, animals would natural be more drawn to this aspect of their mate.
CrimsonsNight chapter 14 . 2/10/2013
I thought it was so cute and realistic the way raven stumbled all over herself, and went out of her way to be polite. It also seems to foreshadow future events with the way she approaches obstacles and problems. I also was struck immobile by the awesomeness of the healing scene. The whole scene was beautifully portrayed.

A critique...you would think that beast boy would know not the place vital parts of his anatomy in harms way.
CrimsonsNight chapter 13 . 2/10/2013
The way you convey people inability to control their emotion is fantastic, and very well done. Ravens reaction to the events was very good. i enjoyed this chapter despite its bitter tones...
CrimsonsNight chapter 12 . 2/10/2013
The way you add outside information into the story adds layers and substance to the story, and is one of my favorite aspects of your writing,...I also love your explanation for beast boy’s strangeness. I hope your expand upon this concept...maybe that’s because I find a tender, but wild beast boy irresistible? I don't know. I hope my comments are not strange or unwanted.
CrimsonsNight chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
I liked how you begin laying the groundwork for future relationships early on. And your description of beast boy’s innocence is just precious. your illistration of starfire is very different, but in a good way i think.
CrimsonsNight chapter 10 . 2/10/2013
I love beast boy’s angst at ravens scent! It’s so beautifully intense. And I like how you made them connect to each other o such a deep level that their life reflects each other’s. What I mean is: beast boy decided to make a change, to grow and in turn, raven made a similar decision as a result. It is almost as if they grew as people together. Does that make sense? As a reader your story is open to interpretation, so if I am way off on any of your intentions feel free to correct me. But whether or not I take your corrections to heart is a debatable topic.

another thing i like is how you don't directly spell out whats going on and leave room for the reader to make approriate connections.
CrimsonsNight chapter 9 . 2/10/2013
I have to say one of the things I admire most about your writing, and I’m sure I will continuously praise, is the intricate web of dialogue and plot. I really love how scenes now in the story connect with scenes later in the story. For example, star fire tells beast boy not to be there to pick up the pieces of ravens heart or forever be doomed to the friendship zone. And here in this chapter he does something similar for raven when Malchior breaks her heart. Very clever because in an indirect way it explains why he is in the situation he is in to begin with.

I also love the way you incorporate beast boy's animal side. It’s somewhat sexy, with out being overly creepy.

I apologize if my thinly veiled fan girl side is beginning to become overbearing...soon I may find myself squealing with joy at the brilliance of the story and your writing.

I apologise if my thinly veiled fan girl side is begining to become overbearing...soon i may find myself squeallying withh joy at the brillance of the story and your writing.
CrimsonsNight chapter 8 . 2/10/2013
I find that the best way to write battle scenes is to not be too broad with your perspective because it makes the reader detached from the battle itself(unless that’s what your going for) and then recounting, in a subtle way, the events that unfolded around the character you choose to audit. Important events, and not in a list format. But this is just a generalization and is not meant to be followed to a T. I'm mentioning this because I recall you mentioning you lacked confidence in your battle scene writing capabilities.
I liked how even though beast boy and raven were no longer attached to one another they still walked away with a piece of each other. You convey this idea with the dialogue at the end of the chapter.
CrimsonsNight chapter 7 . 2/10/2013
I think you strayed a little to far from ravens orginal personality too quickly with the smack, but then again its already a different universe. I just can't see her smacking him. Did she suddenly forget she was a half demon? That little nit-picky-nitch aside, i really can't express how much I love your portrayal of beast boy. and how well you characterize their feelings as a boy and girl is very intuative..but i could be wrong i'm not well versed in these areas.
CrimsonsNight chapter 6 . 2/10/2013
I was highly amused by this chapter and touched by all the deep character connections. First, I really enjoyed how beast boy and raven managed to function on such a level together. And how the last thing raven had to cast from her mind was the beat of beast boys heart, was poetically beautiful! I have to say one of the things I love most about your writing is how deep and multi-faceted it is. There seems to me deeper meaning in all the little touches and brushes between them, and the web plot that you’re setting up is just brilliant. And best of all you manage it—mostly—without being overly cheesy, (I hate it when stories drown you in cheese, and unoriginal clichés. If that made any sense). secondly, i really like how you conveyed a deeper sense to cyborgs morals(for lack of a better word), and love for his friends.
CrimsonsNight chapter 5 . 2/10/2013
I love the detail you put into the story. I am not talking about visuals, but about your attention to specifics. And I really loved the bed scene...although i hoped it would have been a little more visual descriptive-not explict just more vivid. I suppose this is because I love the scenes where the girls wakes up tangled or pressed intimately against the boy, even though that’s not how they fell asleep. It’s almost as if their bodies knew where they wanted to be...but that just cheese girly idealism: D also when author describe it in such a way that I can almost feel the warmth, well that’s just the best.
CrimsonsNight chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
Have I mention how much I enjoy the way you execute the flash backs? Most of the time I lean away from flash backs and find them irritating and boring. The ones you write capture my attention, while providing me with pertinent information. I also loved how you literally forced them together in order to build roots for future feelings to grow... personally, I have a soft spot for this method of bring couples together. I'm not sure why but I really like how situations outside their direct control mold them.
1,663 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 .. Last Next »