Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
St Rhon chapter 49 . 2/9/2013
I do have to give props to Starfire. Atleast she tried to fix it, you'd think the apprentice of the World's Greatest Detective might detect that maybe a random roll in the hay short after a severe panic attack might mean there's more to it than Starfire became lost in Beast Boy's eyes. Also kind of funny that starfire is the...adulteress? *shrug* when iirc it was Robin that somehow ended up sleeping with Babs shortly before his wedding with starfire in the comics. I must admit Starfire has always been a frustrating character for me though. She always came off as almost being tamed by Earth. The titans (in the show atleast) never seemed to really care much about her culture and in most fanfics seem to have downright scorn for it. Theres also the stuff she puts up with from Robin. Just one fic I wanna see her get frustrated, crumple the door like tinfoil and drag him out of his office. By his hair. *ahem* Anyways...then Starfire herself sometimes can be taxing what with her use of her duty as a "backup plan" of sorts.

If you look at it she's had to have been on Earth for sometime now. And if the titans were so shocked by how much the city changed while they were galavanting the globe fighting the brotherhood of evil then the changes to Tamaran should be staggering (we don't even know how fast or slow tamaranian time is in relation to earth time o.O). You'd think a warrior culture would have need of more stable leadership than two bickering sisters, neither of whom seem to really possess much in the ways of leadership qualities. There had to be someone other than her Nanny around who wanted or could lead the planet. Between the enslavement and her tenure with the Titans I wouldn't be shocked if alot of tamaranians couldn't really remember her (Hell I probably wouldn't be able to pick my state senators out a police line up...) I don't think the people of Tamaran would be happy to hear that the only reason their wayward martyr of a princess returned to take the throne was because she slept with someone other than her frail human lover (a practice most earth regents did wholesale and probably would've laughed at robin as he went off to sulk) and felt that she had burned all her other bridges so why not suddenly take ruling a planet a shot.

However! Despite my rambling and whining I really enjoyed that chapter! You're a talented author and the fact that you even looked up tamaranian and then looked up a whole different alien language shows a dedication that not many authors display :D Keep up the good work and I'll be checking my email constantly hoping to see that "New Chapter!" notification :3
Thowell3 chapter 49 . 2/9/2013
In all honesty I don't enjoy where you are going currently because well, It seems like a really bad move. Having said that I will keep reading in hopes that you can redeem this story in my eyes.
RandomDalmatian326 chapter 49 . 2/9/2013
Well, I wouldn't expect any less of Robin( i mean Nightwing)- hurt so badly, he would find a way to close himself off and distract himself by doing good somewhere else.

Starfire... That one is complicated. Though I do agree the team has been a little less than receptive, maybe Tamaran is not the place to go, unless she's ready to fight her sister. Seeing as though her powers barely work, I don't want her going into war or torture again.

Changeling... He at least had the sense to call his mom. He is so adorably sweet that it makes me smile. All guys have that sweetness somewhere, and I was kind of disappointed that he left without doing anything (until it was revealed that he called his mom! *smiles *)... At least he's staying in the country, giving Raven her space.

I'm glad Cyborg didn't get in the middle of this. He's been doing the best he can, and really is one of the wisest of them.

Though I am not happy at this turn of events, I'm glad Raven gets to learn from this, and get "therapy" from Rita. At some point, it will truly dawn on her that while what Changeling did was wrong, she will understand why it happened.

I worry, though. Affairs change women (and men) greatly. I don't know how we'll fix it, but it it will affect both Robin and Raven's relationship forever in some way. Though it isn't the same as a usual affair, it still was one.

I enjoyed this chapter (though I was not happy about the turn of events) just as I enjoyed the last one. Good luck with your deadline! Keep writing!
Shadico chapter 49 . 2/9/2013
Ok...ok...progressing. Glad to hear you're a happy ending kinda guy. Huge relief, haha. Glad Rita is here to help, though I'm a bit scared for the argument they're suppose to have.

Here's hoping the whole team gets back together again in the end. I've seen so many stories that end with Rob off in Bludhaven without Star that leaves me sad as all regardless of the happy BBRae ending. Though i'm guessing that when Tameran needs help, Rob will go. He'd better...
PunkSchnee chapter 49 . 2/9/2013
Pardon my language but DA FUCK WAS THAT! Come on, is that it? Is this story really gonna end that way? Geez I mean come on, the only ones left are Raven and Cyborg? WHAT?! Anyway, here's to hoping I'm wrong, awaiting your next chapter.

Darkness
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 48 . 2/9/2013
Uh well, maybe BB can go back to Terra.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 28 . 2/9/2013
**Suddenly, Aqualad blinked. "Whatever," he said, turning. "Enjoy your sloppy seconds," he muttered as he turned away. It would have been okay if he'd faced any other man.**

This illustrates what a terrible (and out of character) mistake Raven made by giving herself to Aqualad. From now on, he'll be able to tell BB: "I did your girlfriend/wife"

I guess this mistake on her part bugged me because she's too smart to make that kind of blunder.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 46 . 2/9/2013
Video games as meditation? Very clever!
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 38 . 2/9/2013
What we need know is for BB to show up with Terra. That'll knock some sense into the stupid witch. And now Mumbo's trapped her. For being so smart, Raven can be a real dope.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 36 . 2/9/2013
Wait ... Raven already knew his name, when Rita blurted it out. Raven even grinned maliciously and said she was going to get a lot of mileage out of it.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 30 . 2/9/2013
He should have pushed out the out the hatch.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 25 . 2/9/2013
OK, that totally sucked. She just gave in and had joyless sex with Aqualad in the backseat of a car? BB's better off with Terra, IMO.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 23 . 2/9/2013
Having Raven consummate with the fish stick before BB is just wrong! I hope it doesn't happen.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 21 . 2/9/2013
For some reason I see BB driving a Ferrari. But a Shelby Mustang (a GT500?) will do nicely.

And I think Star is 100% right, Raven will have to learn the hard way. As Benjamin Franklin once said: Experience keeps a dear school, but fools will learn in other.
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 19 . 2/9/2013
Poor Raven, she needs to stop thinking of herself as looking like a corpse.

I wonder why they changed her look for the show. What is interesting about comic book Raven, at least in the 80's, was that that even though she was Caucasian with dark hair she was creepier than TV Raven. In the 2000's they couldn't seem to make up their minds of what she was supposed to look like. Sometimes she was small and mousy, other times she was taller, sometimes she was busty, etc. When she wasn't wearing her cape and hood the only thing that gave her away was the chakra stone.
1,630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 .. Last Next »