Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
tatsumarusmith chapter 19 . 2/3/2013
Well, well, its that time of year again to review your work. Now, i wouldnt not rate this amongst my all time favorite chapter youve written but its pretty up there.

Anyways, my compliments on ravens treatment so far, the changes in her demeanour, though somewhat forced by starfire(btw- in future dont be afraid to use her given name Kori ander, forgot how to spell it but its spelled somewhat like that) it is quite believable that she could use ALL the help she could get.

I found the entire "make up" thing quite enlightening and down right entertaining. Never thought of make up in that fashion and obviously neither has raven so id like to believe we both have benefited from your researched endeavor. Kudos also on the small mention of kori's history as a princess to the royal house hold. Really solidifies that she is important even though slightly backlogged for the importance of story.

Also, though short, sir grass stain being confronted by the two fellow "brothers" of the household was a nice touch. GJ.
tatsumarusmith chapter 16 . 2/3/2013
in my last review i said that "this is the best chapter so far" but that was at least until about three chapters ago, in which in quick succession, kept getting just better and better.

I have so much things to say and compliment that i dont know where to even begin. So, ill just stick to a few key highlights. 1) Great job in outlining the dangers and drawbacks to being a super hero and consequently dating one.

2) I enjoy the fact that you arent having the 2 titans rush into any form of relationship just to satisfy the readers. If a character isnt ready or even aware that they wish to be in a relationship, kind of like in real life, they shouldn't feel obligated about going through the "motions" of being in said relationship. Kills believability and sincerity, both in and out of fan fiction.

3) Nice touch on the "guy" un-worded speech. As youve pointed out we are all quite verbal without being verbal. Just cause the language is different doesnt mean we aint speakin right?

4)Good job on the "pins and needles" feeling i got when we saw Changeling knocking on deaths door, kept me at the edge of my seat and was stunned to see the normally calm and collected raven "lose her shit" and then reign it back in to save her companion(and hopefully soon to be) boyfriend.

All in all, i would continue to rave and tell you how GREAT the last three chapters i read were but im sure others have done more then their fair share of telling you that you hardly need my review to vindicate your good work. Will continue reading. GJ. :)
tatsumarusmith chapter 3 . 2/3/2013
Yo, i dont normally comment on fictions i read unless it utterly deserves some credit (read your first two chapters and were REALLY good) and i got to say this was your BEST chapter yet. (Though admittedly i still have quite a bit to go)

Having Beast boy take Raven to see "wicked" was a stroke of pure genius and his explanation for why was incredibly believable and in character that i was surprised that i had to read the entire scene twice. Something i dont normally do.

Also another great thing i see through most of your chapters (especially self evident in this one) is the attention to little details that can be believed. The conversation about altruism and "why" they are the way they are was quite fascinating both in beast boys reaction/response and ravens in character hypothesis about them. All in all a really good chapter. :)
Rubicsage chapter 47 . 2/2/2013
Way to put me in that Christmas mood all over again. When the titans said they were going to give the basics they did a good job of not explaining about Santa or jessus seeing as raven doesn't know who ether are. I felt that the whole demon worship thing wasn't explained as much as it could have been, what did the monks see what was different does it make them powerful or is it only addicting? Still super special awsome
Caprichoso chapter 47 . 2/1/2013
I can't tell you how much I love this story.

I've started a review more times than I care to admit, only to get lost catching up on all the parts of the story I've wanted to revisit. It's a bit embarrassing, but your writing's to blame... or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

That said, you've got a lovely blend of so many elements here, and your own unique take on quite a few standard tropes. Each chapter has at least one little observation that borders on brilliant, and there's often more than one.

I like how naturally the story seems to just continue on its merry way. I'm sure you can't wait to be rid of it, in some sense, but it's a joy to read as it develops.

Great job.
Halfwrong chapter 47 . 1/31/2013
I hate your guts and your awesome story's guts because i discovered your story roughly three days ago and i just finished reading it. In the past 72 hours, i have spent at least 60 of them reading. I bareky got any sleep and i "forgot" to study for my quizzes. I truly hate your guts for making such a great and long story and only for me to find it when it is 47 epic chapters long. If it were any longer i would have collapsed from exhaustion and emotional stress and strain your incredible story has put me through. I really hate you and that is coming from a now loyal fan.
KoopaSensei chapter 47 . 1/30/2013
Okay, I'm just getting into the habit of reviewing stuff I enjoy, so here it goes: This story is great. While I have the occasional gripe, your writing of the Titans is great, and you do as much or more to expand the mythos as any of of the handful of awesome TT fanfic writers I follow. You let the relationship grow at a great pace, and even gave the audience some good dating advice along the way. You and your story are awesome.
Paragon the Half-Dragon chapter 47 . 1/30/2013
Love that scene where Star does " the subtle changing of the subject" just too cute!
I honestly gotta say... Of the 30 follows I have, this is my favorite story!
Chowbo chapter 47 . 1/30/2013
This was a great chapter. I actually sing in a small group and have heard many people sing O Holy Night together. It's one of my favorites.
egg1 chapter 47 . 1/30/2013
I thought this chapter was cute. It was nice to see all the titans together and not fighting again. I wasn't run off I just missed reading one chapter because my son was sick then another chapter was posted and then I was busy and another chapter was posted. Well anyways I think you get the picture. Lol :)
Nuka chapter 47 . 1/29/2013
I think this is where I bow out, as well. Wish you well with plenty of inspiration, for when you write with inspiration you delight the masses.
SoapBox Bill chapter 47 . 1/29/2013
love this story! looking foward to see what you do with the couples!
Huntress of the Shadows chapter 47 . 1/28/2013
Aw! That was a really sweet ending, I loved that. And Ravens parlor trick was fantastic. I cannot wait for your next update!
TW chapter 47 . 1/28/2013
Glad to have you back. A little late for xmas, but what the hell.
Victorthe3rd chapter 47 . 1/28/2013
As a guy who is quite faithfull to this story, sometimes I wish I could be like Bb. Smooth, confident, ever the giver. The way you've written him speaks to my inner gentleman and optimist. His interactions with Rae and the emotions exchanged give the reader a true feeling of what it might be like to be in a loving and caring relationship. I feel like Changeling would do ANYTHING for Rae, and she would reciprocate 100%. Its like my optimistic view of a real life relationship. Two partners who mutually and equivically love and care for eachother...Kinda makes me wish your stories characters were real...*sigh*...I love this story and I hope you continue on with many more great stories.
1,663 | « Prev Page 1 .. 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 .. Last Next »