Reviews for Love in Shades of Green and Gray
BiblioMatsuri chapter 30 . 11/3/2012
Question: What's an SMS?
BiblioMatsuri chapter 27 . 11/3/2012
A) Starfire is awesome. B) I really want to see those costumes.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 14 . 11/3/2012
I like Fritzi. Yes, she's flawed (and a bit character anyway), but making a clean break in person takes guts.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 13 . 11/3/2012
Wasn't Garfield naturally blond and blue-eyed pre-powers?
BiblioMatsuri chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
*cracks up* Yeah, BB's unlearned, not an idiot. That, and green.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Off to a good start. Onward!
Guest chapter 41 . 11/2/2012
Written really well. I can see how this storyline could run if it were a more adult-themed series. Full of depth. Not too fluffy. Not too scratchy. Just right. You should write a sequal or spin-off when you finish this fic. Or just write and publish. And lots of MONEY.

Keep it up!

-tagman122
dertte olmak chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
I got a letter from my mother the other day and she mentioned your story. I'm not supposed to be on here without her, and I'm not sure my English will make so much sense, but I thought you might like what she wrote to me about your story. She wrote this to me (and I'll translate it for you the best I can)- There is a young man that reminds me of you very much. He even shares your love for extraordinary people. The Teen Titans are his favorite. I've already told him every story line from every episode we watched together. That story on the computer I read to you, which you are not allowed to read without your uncle or I present, did not last long. I thought I would be able to add more to it on the fly but I choked. That boy saw I was struggling and stepped in. I'd never heard him speak but he continued to weave his own tale, and the other children were mesmerized by his words. He even had my undivided attention. I returned to base and told the others (they say to behave) what he shared with me and when I get home I will share his story with you. But until then remember that everyone, no matter how insignificant they may seem, knows something that you do not...I guess I could have just said that the other children, wherever my mom is stationed, like your story but I already wrote all this out
Shadico chapter 41 . 11/1/2012
Perhaps a theme moving forward could be Raven learning to master her white cloaked form and becoming closer/one with her emotions, so that she can't keep locking them away in moments of high emotional stress. This is something Gar can help her through, and depending on how difficult you want to make it, can last quite a while (One chapter per emotion merged with, or something of the sort in which she experiences it immensely for that duration etc)

A return trip(s) to Nevermore for Gar could also be awesome, with a ridiculous amount of reasons as to why.

Raven having to mind link with and help BB because of some sort of trauma (meeting the parents and running into Sam Register or something of the sort) thus having Rae learn quite a few extremely intimate things about BB, and being much closer as a result. (Possible other outcome of mindlink than just intimacy, Rae's emotions and BB's emotions/the Beast meet/mingle at will or something, perhaps subconsciously when sleeping together. Was always a fan or RagexBeast, hah.)

Still thinking up more, heh.
MyNomdeplume chapter 41 . 10/30/2012
Alright this is being sent from my phone so the selling ay not be the best.

Love the story. The characters are fairly true to the source, its funny and its got good pacing. Did hunt down the lemon for bb (didn't bother to read the aquascum one) and found it actually pretty funny. Over a solid story. Since you are a solid writer and have a distinct style I won't bother pestering you with tips (as a creative writing graduate I can always find something to critique). Keep up the good work.

Now, while I know a story should end where the author wants/feels it should (forcing things is never good) you did ask for classic tropes (the word cliche has too many negitive connotations for me to use it here) so I'll do my best to provide:
Meet the parents: come on, this is an all time classic, there's nothing more to be said.
The double date: this one is always good for a few laughs. The differnt tastes of each couple and individual are great, especially in the way they semi-mirror each other (bb/star are lightharted and funny, rob/rav are secretive and private.)
The news interveiw: as public figures with a public outing, you know the tabloids will be all over this (Breaking news: raven spotted with baby bump!) and in vtheir face with questions. As a private individual, Raven will probably have a less than stellar reaction. Espetially if they have to do a 'goodmorning America' (or whatever sort of talk show you perfer) interview just to stomp the rumors.
Girl talk/guy talk: another classic, just some private conversations about the relationship with their friends.
Villianous commentary: a fun one. Have the next few battles (can be short snippets vs multi-chapter brawls) involve bad guys giving their unwanted opinions about the relationship. Or just have them send annoing messages, espetially if Slade decides to 'congradulate' them
Heroic commentary: the opposite of the above. Espetially good if they offer 'personal' advice.
And lastly here is one to avoid at all costs.
Return of the 'ex': please don't have Terra return. It generally just doesn't work and asks more questions then it answers. Please, don't do this one. Sometimes the dead just need to be left in peace.

And with that I leave you to your writting.
Lord Vukodlak chapter 38 . 10/29/2012
clich├ęs, these took me a couple days.
Meet the Parents; Raven may have already met the Doom patrol but meeting her as Garfield's girlfriend is something different. Garfield already endured a little Twerp Sweating from Cyborg and Robin so it might be nice for Raven to endure the same.

Speaking of parents is Raven's mother alive? that really differs depending on whose story.

Flight Of Romance; the fact they can BOTH fly makes this one different, Aladdin, Superman, Hiccup and plenty of other heroes took their girls on a flying date. But you don't often see it when both partners can fly.

Human or Hero?: Another cliche is she may be presented with the choice to give up her powers and become human. How many superheroes HAVEN'T had that come up at some point? Its a classic romance trope in the hero genre. With Raven its especially powerful due to her fears of having children tied to Trigon but on the other hand she really has no idea how to live her life without her powers.
BloodRose101 chapter 41 . 10/29/2012
You sir, do not disappoint, not ever great chapter thanks for the update as always looking forward to more. Great job!
funkyhusky chapter 40 . 10/28/2012
They said you could only post per chapter so :I
Anyhoo
I was wondering if you could possibly do me a ginormous favor and write a Jinx & Kid Flash fic?
There are no decent ones ;_;
And since your writing style is very descriptive and your grammar/spelling are praiseworthy (You are a Beta's dream)
I would really really really REALLY appreciate it if you could write one.
please?
Pretty-please-with-a-super-big-red-cherry-and-extra-scoops-of-ice-creams-all-drizzled-with-tons-of-sprinkles-and-what-not-on-top?
Husky
funkyhusky chapter 41 . 10/28/2012
This is such a good story
:')
-tears up-
Anyhoo
UPDATE.
PLEASE. I BEG YOU ;_;
I will probably drag Funky over to read this. (I share an account with Funky. I'm Husky byw :3 [note the husky stands for a "husky" voice.])
Husky
Muroun chapter 41 . 10/28/2012
Wow. I decided to read the entire story this weekend and ended up staying up until 5 a.m. so that I could finish it. I wasn't expecting this story to keep me so drawn into it. I felt that you portrayed the characters extremely well and I liked that you included minimum action scene. I've read so much that I'm finding it hard to comment on one specific thing. So I'm just going to congratulate you on having such an amazing story.

Thank you for sharing it with us, and good luck to you with upcoming chapters.

-Ellen Marie