Reviews for The Hero and the Veela
"Albus, ... you and you alone have done more to ruin his life than Voldemort ever did."

It's nice that this is mentioned. While Voldemort wants to kill Harry, Dumbledore wants Harry to have such a bad life that Harry would WANT to get killed. So Voldemort is both more honest and less cruel than Dumbledore.
You call this a good Dumbledore?
He acts like he has the god given right to mess with Harry's life. Now that is an aptitude that is very well supported by canon, and is also my view of Dumbledore, it just doesn't match the description.

You should remember that Dumbledore had decided to send Harry to the Dursleys before Sirius went after Wormtail. When Sirius met Hagrid at Gordic's Hollow and gave him the motorbike, Hagrid already had the orders to get Harry to the Dursleys. Sirius could have tried to get Harry, but against a half giant who would do anything Dumbledore asks, and without endangering Harry?
So Sirius in Azkaban is just a convenient excuse why Harry was sent to the Dursleys, but it can't be the reason because of the timing. It is likely that either Dumbledore somehow planned that Sirius would end in Azkaban, or that he took advantage of the situation in favor of some other plan he already had to make sure Sirius would not take guardianship for Harry.
Sirius' fault was that he trusted Dumbledore, even after he spent all there years in Azkaban.
liquidthoughtz chapter 12 . 11/12
This chapter ruined the entire story for me. Harry is a complete hypocrite. 1) he didn't respect Gabrielle enough to ask her opinion, 2) he didn't even have the decency to tell her in person, 3) he did what Ron and Hermione did and turned his back on his friends and family, 4) he made decisions for Gabrielle in the guise of what is best for her and what she deserves-just like dumbledore did.
liquidthoughtz chapter 10 . 11/12
So I am confused; everyone knew that healing Alice wouldn't be easy and would be met with a lot of resistance. Why were they so butt hurt when the very first time didn't work? Weren't they prepared to have it take multiple sessions?
liquidthoughtz chapter 9 . 11/12
Should have just had Gabrielle go with him then flop back later.
noobodyspecialhere chapter 4 . 11/7
First let me start by say saying this is well writen from what I have read so far . I am not sure if IT can keep on reading because the whole lord Potter Black kinda makes Harry sound like a dick. Also it feels like Dumbledore a bad guy in this. Also on a seperate note why do so many people hate Ron?
The.Real.Calico.Jack chapter 14 . 10/24
I do enjoy this story, but I do have to say, you're description of Dumbledoor in the preview wasn't exactly what I would call accurate to my thoughts on what is good. But it's just my opinion. Anyways good stuff!
Sleepygirl68 chapter 20 . 10/14
I liked your story.
Unfortunately, I have nothing to put in a review about it.
I just liked it.
Thanks for writing and sharing your story with us.
MartinDeShade chapter 5 . 10/7
Frankly Susan's character doesn't make sense. What does she have to apologize for? How could she be a sister a few minutes after first talking to her. Her kiss attacking Neville. Then you have that awful fanfic invention instant bond with Gabby. I do like most of your other stories but I can't get past this.
Simianpower chapter 11 . 9/28
This chapter is retarded. Your graveyard scene makes exactly zero sense. Dobby pops multiple trunks and people in and out at random, easily going through wards and across continents. So why would he not rescue Fleur and 2 seconds later rescue Harry? Why isn't that part of the emergency plan? Because plot demands otherwise. You're forcing things without even having a reason to, and in so doing making your smart, capable characters act like complete idiots. That's probably my largest pet peeve with fanfics, and you just hit it big time.

Harry and Fleur outright knew AND STATED that there was a Voldemort connection in the third task. They prepared for it. They equipped for it. They trained for it with family and friends. And yet somehow nowhere in their plans did they include: Dobby popping in and out, magical communications methods, emergency portkeys, invisibility cloaks, shrunken brooms, tracking spells being followed by Amelia's aurors, or anything else whatsoever. Instead, this scene was even stupider than the one that JKR wrote, and at least her Harry had the excuse of little to no support or training or equipment. This Harry and Fleur had everything they could possibly need to not only survive an ambush that they fully expected, but win. They're even allied with Amelia Bones, for fuck's sake. You just jumped the shark big time by crippling your hero not just physically but mentally as well, all for the sake of a needless plot point.

This story was borderline before, but it just became worthless. I was prepared to rate it 6-7 out of 10 before, but after this chapter the best you'll get is 3 out of 10, mostly for better than average usage of English.
Simianpower chapter 8 . 9/28
Poppy's professionalism is taking quite a hit in this chapter. As is McGonnagall's. I get that they like Harry, but they aren't doing their jobs all that well, or even in character. You're twisting things a little too much to be believable here. Plus also, for a Harry/Gabby soul-bond story, I've got to say that 8 out of 20 chapters have barely had any of it at all. It's an entertaining story, but not really what I was looking for or expecting. It might be best to change the summary blurb to better reflect what you actually wrote rather than what you might have intended to write.
Simianpower chapter 7 . 9/28
Remus, as always in both canon and fanon, is an idiot. "I don't want to cure myself AND give myself a powerful new weapon that I can keep entirely concealed pending an emergency, because maybe an enemy will find out and get the same (somehow) for himself." That's totally retarded, and sadly exactly the sort of thing that Remus would do. For the "smart" Marauder, he's almost invariably portrayed as a moron who makes poor decisions.
Simianpower chapter 6 . 9/28
The pace on this is a little weird. A few chapters ago the impression was that there would be an immediate flood of students begging forgiveness for their behavior and alliances on behalf of their houses. ALL of the owls were used, and everyone got their marching orders. And then exactly ONE student actually made a move. And then several weeks go by. Not a day or two, but several weeks. That just seems weird, and doesn't fit with what was both implied and outright stated. I know, you have several other plot threads going at once, but delaying all of that because of those other threads doesn't make much realistic sense.
Simianpower chapter 2 . 9/28
Master Blaster? Really?
Dpotter59 chapter 2 . 9/19
I like your story so far and enjoyed your "Thunder Dome"'t wait to read more!