Reviews for The Hero and the Veela
Spazzman29 chapter 18 . 5/23
Ron and Luna has to be the worst pairing in this story yet. Then again the only pairing I agree on is the main one.
Spazzman29 chapter 5 . 5/22
I don't agree with the SusanxNeville pairing buts a bit of bias since I'm a shipper of Susan and Harry
Doug Hiser chapter 20 . 5/5
This was an excellent story!
Alexandria Gooch chapter 20 . 5/2
We want more we want more we want more we want more we want more we want more we want more we want more
digbygreen chapter 20 . 4/29
Awesome!
troublemonster chapter 2 . 4/16
saw 1
Jessie chapter 8 . 4/4
I love your stories, but you write one word out of context and it's a major pet peeve of mine. You continually write scenes stating someone "drug" another person away. The correct word would be drag, dragged or dragging (depending on whether it's present or past tense); to drug someone means to give them some type of medicine or illegal drugs.
stevefocus chapter 20 . 2/23
Great story thoroughly enjoyed it.
Noor Md Shahriar chapter 9 . 2/13
I don't think dean is worthy of Hermione granger the smartest witch of the generation.. I really believe HarryHermione belong together, as they are the major character of this series... I don't have any grudge against Gabrielle, but she holds no importance in canon.. However I admire your writing skillviews.. I never really read anything other than Harry/Hermione pairing.. But I read your storyenjoyed it.. Thank you..
areader chapter 13 . 2/10
Just came by to say that i hate you. I am far from finishing this story, but it is safe for me to say, that i actually hate you...
I know this is no review, but i dont care. Just felt like letting you know.
Blazeb79 chapter 20 . 1/8
Awesome story! Now i have to keep reading more of your work. Im 2/2 on good stories. Thanks for taking the time to write the story it was awesome and definitely different.
DylanL chapter 20 . 12/20/2015
very good story for the most part. i think that u changed ur mind about characters too often for me, i mean when harry first took control of the black family u had draco be thoughtful and he even protected daphne and tracy when they were attacked in the slytherin common room, then when harry comes back draco is a death eater and in full pure blood bigot mode even though you said he was seriously considering everything he was told. dont get me wrong, i dont like the redeemed!draco's and he isnt the only character that u did that to, both ron and snape had a similar treatment. snape was only changed once and that was after voldemort's rebirth when he helped to heal harry, but ron was flipped from good to prick bunches of times in the story, even as late as the name calling harry did when he and gabby were killing the malfoys. molly was another, when u had her first appear in the story after ron hit hermione, i thought she would be good, but she turned into a bitch when she next appeared, and i think she was nice when harry came back after his time on the island, but she was a bitch again at the last feast.

there were some other things i am curious about, especially the toad. u mentioned she was there when u did a scene from hermione's perspective just after harry left, but u never mentioned her again. did she do anything, was she recruited when tom took over, did she die or was she still alive after tom's defeat?

the biggest issue that i had with the story was the dialogue, the way u had conversations early on just didnt flow, "harry said, 'blank.'" then right after it "hermione said, 'blank'" just didnt work for me. it got better near the end but it almost made me stop reading. in the same vein, your use of parenthesis in the middle to talking was bad. it would have been better if u had done it "dialogue," action (i.e. hermione turning red or something), "dialogue continues" the parenthesis didnt help to make it flow better and for me actually were a hindrance to the story.

other than that and the couple other things i had mentioned b4, it was a really good story. the scene where alice gets frank back was pushing that T rating but was a good scene. actually with the violence and innuendo in the story, i would have made it M rated if it was mine just to be on the safe side
DylanL chapter 3 . 12/17/2015
u must have tweaked petunia bc in canon she was older than lily, in fact she would have to have gotten married and pregnant at 18 or 19 for dudley to actually be older than harry if it was lily that helped her adoptive parents to conceive. of course dudley could be younger depending on how much u tweaked canon but i am going with he is older bc u said to assume canon unless there is something contradictory.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/13/2015
"Albus, ... you and you alone have done more to ruin his life than Voldemort ever did."

It's nice that this is mentioned. While Voldemort wants to kill Harry, Dumbledore wants Harry to have such a bad life that Harry would WANT to get killed. So Voldemort is both more honest and less cruel than Dumbledore.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/13/2015
You call this a good Dumbledore?
He acts like he has the god given right to mess with Harry's life. Now that is an aptitude that is very well supported by canon, and is also my view of Dumbledore, it just doesn't match the description.

You should remember that Dumbledore had decided to send Harry to the Dursleys before Sirius went after Wormtail. When Sirius met Hagrid at Gordic's Hollow and gave him the motorbike, Hagrid already had the orders to get Harry to the Dursleys. Sirius could have tried to get Harry, but against a half giant who would do anything Dumbledore asks, and without endangering Harry?
So Sirius in Azkaban is just a convenient excuse why Harry was sent to the Dursleys, but it can't be the reason because of the timing. It is likely that either Dumbledore somehow planned that Sirius would end in Azkaban, or that he took advantage of the situation in favor of some other plan he already had to make sure Sirius would not take guardianship for Harry.
Sirius' fault was that he trusted Dumbledore, even after he spent all there years in Azkaban.