Reviews for The Hero and the Veela
At that moment...

Hermione, Ginny, Fred and George realized...

That they really screwed up.
Stormshadow13 chapter 20 . 6/6
Awesome story. Loved the pairing.
BelfryBats chapter 20 . 5/23
This story started out pretty good and then declined, a lot. Some of the many inconsistencies could be overlooked like Hungry Like the Wolf not coming out till after Harry's birth, Remus's cure that wasn't, and making a big point of talking about and harvesting the basilisk only to just forget all about it. Things like that and typos happen in fan fiction. It is just the characters just keep getting more contradictory and contrived and the plot is all over the place. You set up something interesting and it just fell apart. At least you kept it sort of funny when it was not being forced. As far as suspense, romance, drama, and even action; not so much.
BelfryBats chapter 7 . 5/22
Okay, in the last chapter it said that Remus had the procedure and was resting, now it says he decided against it. Which is odd, as he wouldn't have to reveal this change to anyone and the information on such a thing isn't well known but I wouldn't think it would be classified...
Mr. Fluffymuffin chapter 11 . 5/16
Best riddles I have ever seen
Jimbocous chapter 20 . 5/15
Thanks for a great read. Overall, very nicely done!
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 4/27
I like the explanations of Love-based magic by Sirius, Lobo, and Calypso better than Dumbledore's vague pronouncements that basically say nothing. I can also "hear" Calypso's voice in my mind as I read the words she speaks. She seems to know about the Horcrux that was in Harry, too. I'm glad he has a wand that can destroy it. I really like these two OCs.

I hope whatever Calypso did will help Harry heal ... on his body, mind, and heart.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 4/27
I'm with McGonagall regarding Harry and Hermione sharing a bed, and for the same reasons. That nothing happened is beside the point. He should have insisted she stay with Susan. He is a betrothed man BY HIS OWN CHOICE, and the bond he has begun with Gabi deserves a chance to become whatever it is going to become without interference. If Hermione had refused, there were other options that were safe.

Minerva knows Hermione bullies Harry to get him to do as she wants and even called her on it. Hermione needs to respect the new boundaries of their relationship and accept that Harry can no longer act the wild card, as he has done in the past. Everything he does now reflects on those who are a part of their alliance. His conduct must be above reproach, even if that means Hermione doesn't get her way.

It sounds like saving Frank and Alice is going to be a lot like invading enemy territory and trying to pull hostages out under fire and against their will. Good luck, guys.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 4/27
I'm always curious as to why Sirius can't petition for a trial before the far less corrupt ICW. He could even request that they recuse Albus from participating on the grounds of a conflict of interest. He has already shown that he is prepared to interfere in Harry's life once more. (I'm glad Harry has Neville beside him right now.)

I'm also very curious about some of these charms that were found on Sirius and Remus. What are they, what do they do, and who placed them on the two men? Are Dumbledore and Snape involved? What about Lucius? I only bring him up because of Draco's stated expectation that he would be the Black heir.

I'm glad the Twins and Ginny have come out in support of Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 4/27
"[Harry] is well known to be friendly with other races as demonstrated by his friendship with Professor Lupin."

This whole attitude, "tolerant" though it may be, baffles me. Was Remus "another race" or a "creature" before he was bitten? According to the Harry Potter Lexicon, he is a Half-blood, so why is he not referred to simply as a Wizard who suffers from Lycanthropy? After all, he only transforms one night a month, so he is only dangerous one night a month. What if Narcissa and Lucius - or, better still, Umbridge and Fudge - were bitten? What about Daphne or Pansy? Would they put up with being called creatures or half-breeds? (Actually, given his social circle, Lucius has a much better chance of being bitten by Greyback than any other Werewolf.)

It sounds as though the Delacour family are held in some esteem by at least a few of the Wizarding nobles. I can't help feeling, however, that it will cost Harry the support of some if he marries outside Britain. I will be curious to learn what the Malfoys have to say. Knowing Draco, it will probably be something sufficiently insulting to cause an international incident, given the Delacours' position within France.

If such a thing were to happen, I would love to see Fudge put into a position where he must choose between keeping his job and continuing to support Lucius - but he can't do both. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen in any scenario. Draco defanged (no support from Daddy for any number of reasons) is always interesting. I guess we shall see what happens going forth.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 4/27
A/N: "The comment about Ron would never call someone a half breed is unfounded." I think Ron's comment sounded exactly in keeping with his character at this point in his life. Ron is very immature and self-centered, and I see him as very similar to Draco in his attitudes. He may lack the Malfoy money and prestige, but I think he exhibits a very similar attitude of entitlement. He lives mainly for food and his own amusement. Even Hermione seems to be tolerated mainly because he needs her help with her homework. He is jealous of anything good that comes to Harry. I dread seeing how he responds when Harry's "changes" become known.

As far as bigotry is concerned, Ron is blindly prejudiced against anyone who is in Slytherin House. Both Molly and Ginny treat Fleur despicably in book six, IMO. Ron may not have been openly rude to her, but he never spoke up to support her, either.

I'm surprised that Sirius didn't have Harry reinstate the Tonkses - Andromeda and Nymphadora - and give Bellatrix the boot. I can't wait for Sirius to find out about Draco and give Harry some coaching on how to handle that little twerp. It should make for some fun. If any of the Slytherin families are actually grey and approach Harry, could Draco wind up losing some of his power in Slytherin? Just curious.

I'm glad Harry isn't holding a grudge over McGonagall's silence on everything for so long. I can't wait to see Minerva, Augusta, and (I hope) Amelia join forces to free Sirius. That should be fun.

I'm also eager to find out how Ron handles Harry and Neville having their own quarters. I expect the green-eyed monster (no, not Harry) will make an appearance any time now.
Geek.Lily chapter 20 . 4/18
Oh my God! I absolutely love this story! I love the way you developed Gabrielle's personality most of all. And of course, Neville! It was beautifully written with an ending just perfectly imperfect. I know this is a very old story and your writing style must have changed plenty since then, but great job with this one! Thank you for giving us readers a chance to dive into the beautiful world of Harry Potter that you recreated in your story. Beautifully written and very interesting pairings and artful development of characters and relationships.

Once more, thank you for putting this forward and giving me (and all other readers) the chance to appreciate your work for the beauty it is. :)
Phoenix80803 chapter 20 . 4/10
Oh my god, I loved this one! I think it really did capture the dynamic between Harry and Gabrielle. Well done!
steve.moore.9081323 chapter 20 . 3/28
Really enjoyed the story
hpfan111 chapter 3 . 3/28
Well I am a bit disappointed. The idea is good, but the execution is disastrous. I mean first of all, no one tries to be that over smart as harry is being. Second, no one and I mean no one can be as comfortable as harry was being when he told Neville about his treatment by Dursleys. Anyone would have been embarrassed to share such details not to mention he always undermines the severity of the Dursleys' attitude towards him however in this story, he straight up claims that he has suffered more than Neville. That is very out of character for harry. Well, I wanted to read a good HP/GD story but I will have to abandon it