Reviews for The Hero and the Veela
chc91776 chapter 9 . 12/3
I like most of your stories, i stay away from H/HR stories because ive grown loathing of her character, as it pertains to this story i know you didnt want to make it a basher but i think you did a 180/ on us where she is concerned, went from minnie schooling her a bit and daphne helping her out to her calling her nana? a few trips into the library to me wasnt enough for her to change ideologies and now were stuck with her constant questioning evrything, ugh to you for that lol. other than that enjoying this fic a lot.
Mindmaze chapter 6 . 11/24
I don't like the whole "We have decided..." from the adults, considering Harry is a legal adult what right do they have to make these decisions? I feel instead of presenting it that way they should have had the initial discussion (the one where they thought this all out originally) with Harry as an active participant. I approve they justified their reasoning and explained how he could drop out if it really bugged him but I still feel Harry should have been able to approve of the plan as an equal. Also the end seems out of character for dumbledore. After you had Nev/Harry threaten to leave next year I thought he would behave peter than this and yet you have him acting rather stupidly, as you pointed out he already knows he no longer has legal power over Harry to end his contract and yet he pulls this. I just don't think he would be so stupid. He's supposed to be regaining Harry's support not alienating him further.
Mindmaze chapter 4 . 11/24
Surprised there has been no mention of second year as a comparison. Anyways, woooooohoooooooo! Way to go Minerva.
Mindmaze chapter 3 . 11/24
I like it but I'm confused. If Lilly was adopted she has no blood relation tot he Evan's, which means Harry has no blood relationship with Petunia. So what about the blood wards? Harry has basically had no protection, how on earth was he not found by anyone/attacked? Because people would have tried in the early days but Harry was protected by these wards which in your universe don't work because Harry isn't related by blood. Also Harry was allowed with muggles in your verse because of the blood wards, by that reasoning Minerva should have been allowed Harry for the very same reason (lesser house or not) because she could provide him the best protection. I really do like this but I can't quite get past this plot hole, maybe you'll explain later but I thought I'd bring it up anyways.
charliea.wood chapter 20 . 11/15
That is awe inspiring I really really liked the wands bit but the whole heads of house becoming family sorta confused me but it worked really well and it was amazingly written btw thank you so much
Xavras chapter 20 . 10/11
A little too contrived at times - oh, wait - this is a fan fiction...

Overall an enjoyable story (it did keep my attention through to the end)

Several criticisms I do have...and do with them what you will as this story is complete...
Ron. What a conundrum. Nothing in the story explains his ability to run tactical for the big battle. Yes, he played chess. But really? Reading a book on warfare? Ron never had the desire or motivation to study anything really. His story arc just didn't seem believable to me. Also, his complete obnoxious personality and his being so offensive to everyone and being sent home - that made sense. His coming back and still having an attitude - not surprising considering how you portrayed Molly. But he never did anything in my opinion to ever become a part of the group again.

Speaking of Molly. She was a piece of work. Ignorant, rude, controlling, loud, and oh so many other things. Surprised Harry allowed her to get away with anything or even have contact with any he cared about.

Arthur as a secret Unspeakable? Can't understand that. He was so incompetent in his job in muggle artefacts that it was pathetic.

I can't complain about the portrayal of Bill Weasley. Not much was known about him, but you had him echo his mother's attitudes. Never really understood why Fleur would have ever ended up with him. And yes, JKR does show Molly's prejudice in the stories, particularly with her treatment of Fleur.

Albus...where to begin. I thought he was supposed to be misguided in this story. To me, he was still evil and manipulative. Clearly he couldn't stop himself from such behaviours and he never really was held accountable for his utter betrayal of the Potters or the Blacks. So, Harry and Neville failed in their attempts to be able to control him or at least direct his actions/thoughts.

The creativity with dealing with the Death Eaters was interesting.
Dealing with them as terrorists made sense. The others looking down on Harry and Gabby for their methods - ignorance at the most basic level.

I may not have like all of your little arcs and plot twists - Harry had suffered repeatedly, so much so it was way over done. But then again, Harry is fate's whipping boy for JKR and in so many fan stories.

So, yeah, I liked it, glad I read it.
Xavras chapter 3 . 10/10
Hungry like the Wolf came out in 1982
2 years after Harry was born
1 year after Sirius was incarcerated
Sirius would have never heard the song.
they would never have hummed the song to tease Remus...
Rebmul chapter 20 . 10/9
a good fic and one where susan wasn't a total bitch
Rebmul chapter 7 . 10/8
ok last chapter remus took the lycan treatment and now you changed it might want to fix that
GrizzlyBear5704 chapter 13 . 10/6
Nice story so far. But one thought. Katana's are very unwieldy, they are rather cumbersome too. I only think that Harry in your story could pull it off because of how you buffed him. If he was still the scrawny teen from the books then he would struggle with it.
GBTtown chapter 20 . 8/20
Really great story. going straight to Favs.
68phoenix chapter 20 . 5/26
great fic. a few parts felt a bit disjointed but over all a very good fic
nickp41 chapter 20 . 5/6
Just finished your story, loved it, well done
Oh yay go harry
WOOOOOO GO ASTORIA, DAPHNE AND TRACY YASSS
Ugh cho
Ughhhh Hannah REALLY Cedric
AWW HELL NAW HE DID NOT JUST DO THAT HOW BLOODY DARE YOU WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK GO GEORGE GO FRED AND GINNY GO KATIE
awww go Harry, AYYYE GO HARRY, YASSSSSS GO HARRY WOOOOOO HAHAAA TAKE THAT RON WOOO GO MINNIE YAY GO FRED
YASSSS HARRRY WOOOO NEVILLE YAY MIONE IS PROTECTED