Reviews for City of Angels
Ranuel chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I love this combining of angels from different Gaiman works. It would be interesting to see Crowley and Az interact with Raguel after the almost Apocalypse. Would Raguel have known how things would work out?

Ducks and Books are brilliant! I spent a lot of time sitting by the duck pond on my college campus and ducks really are comforting in their way. Having Az invent books is totally right.
Chaotic Variance chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Did I remember to review this story already? If not, then here you are.

This piece makes me very sad. The inevitability of change is, indeed, ironic, and sometimes sad. I like the rebellious Caphriel. You characterize angels well. Nice work.
the surly mermaid chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Aha, I read this before but couldn't find the link. Very delightful, of course Aziraphale would invent books and that they'd end up more important than anyone could have guessed (just like him). Poor Crowley and his doomed rebellion. He's not really such a coward, is he? Anyway, I was looking for this because I recently wrote a fic set in the Silver City with Aziraphale as a designer and I wanted to check to make sure I didn't accidentally steal any concepts from your fic. Well, except the Aziraphale-as-a-designer part, and I hope you don't mind me using that idea.
not applicable chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
The Crowley who was, before his fall, is an interesting chracter. I like your write-up of this fiction. Very nice, so thanks.
Felicity G. Silvers chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
Oh my god, that was so beautiful! I absolutely love all of your work, but this is by far my favorite one that you've written. When you read it you know that things aren't going to be alright, but you want it to get better. But if you changed this story and made it better, then it wouldn't be the same. I absolutely love it(yes, i must emphasis this again) and really think you do an awsome job.
Jessi Malfoy chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
This is depressing...I love it! Damn, this pairing just melts me!
Jessi
Chess chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Wow. You are just a fantastic author. I'm in awe. Etc. Really great story, and I love the way you can see Crowley in Caphriel.
raiden chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
I don't know if I've just been really emotional lately or what, but I swear I'm getting all weepy over this story. And your conception of Pre-Fall Crowley rings so true, he's angel-ish but still recognizably Crowley, it's wonderful.
Verna-S chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
Weirdness.

The idea of all those angels working away at making things... gee, I thought God did that. I mean, he could have done it this way, too, vicariously, through the angelic host... but wow. Yeah.

Because they're fallible beings, obviously, if there's already dissention in the ranks. So obviously the world they're making is flawed, too.

Heh. Snakes and Apples will be linked somehow. With Books.

The implied cuteness between Caphriel and Aziraphale was so tender and sweet, too. Aw.
Val Mora chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Well, this is my second reviewing of this, because I read the Gaiman-comic that had Saraquael & Co. in it today, and I thought of this. And read it again, because I wanted to see how you'd done it all, and I think you're brilliant. Really. Can I have your autograph?
Val Mora chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
I like this. I think it's brilliantly cute that Crowley and Aziraphale worked together on DUCKS, because DUCKS are just wonderful. And I find it appropriate that Aziraphale made BOOKS. _
Kaitou Magician chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
This is a wonderful story. It is probably one of my most favorite stories in the GO section. Could there be a sequel or prequel? *hint, hint * Anyway, great job!
Lady 'Oak chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Wow. It's really good, and I'm pathetically bad at reviewing.

I must say, I'm surprised. The Gaiman's story you use was once translated to my national language, and printed in the 'Fenix' magazine - and simply, I fell in love with it like with almost all Gaiman has something to do.

What you did, is a very 'neat' merging of those two very different works. I like it much. bye!
Ellie chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
Wow. This is an extremely cool story. I mean it.
Jaded chapter 1 . 8/31/2002
Wow. This was WONDERFUL! It really was like reading a real Gaiman story. Would it be possible for you to write a sequel involving C/A interaction? Perhaps even after the almost-Apocolypse? I don't know. Really, this was GREAT!