Reviews for Quick Hands
TardisCorgi chapter 14 . 1/4/2014
I WAITED SO LONG FOR THESE THAT I FORGOT AND NOW ITS 2AM IN THE MORNING AND IM READING IT AND IM SO HAPPY
mintjellyfish chapter 16 . 11/26/2013
I'll be reviewing Chapters 15 and 16.

I love how Tech is wrestling the idea of The Hunger Games. The necessary strategy to win, if he can kill, hoping he finds Timber, hoping someone else kills Timber when the time comes. It's a realistic thought process that I could see most people having if thrown into the Games.

Chapter 16 is where things really shine. The boyish camaraderie Tech and Timber share is both charming and sad; you know it has to end somehow, someway. The sponsor gift fiasco was entertaining yet a bit confusing. So what was the sponsor's intent on giving Timber the thermo-jacket in Porcelain's interest? I'm clueless as to how that correlates. Also, I find it hard-pressed to believe Porcelain and June took out so many Tributes without getting themselves killed in the process. The Careers were trained and hand-selected by their entire district. They *campaigned* for this opportunity. I'd think they'd put a quick end to two "Bloodbaths" outshining them at the very start of the Games. On the subject of suspicious matters, we need an explanation as to the D6 siblings. How in the world did two kids from the transportation district learn archery? Sorry if I've asked this question before. It's been so long.

I'll be reading!
charlieal12 chapter 16 . 11/26/2013
woah, that whole announcing the sponsor gift for a tribute is really cruel, I guess it's just another reason for the victor to end up hating his district (at least in the outer districts). Overall, while this chapter wasn't really as action packed as the last few, I can tell it's leading into something interesting, which I hope to read. about the 1st person switch, I don't have a preference and find both equally suitable for the story. Great job!
Radio Free Death chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
Tech being better than everybody continues. The chapter did give a little cool twist about these qualities helping the odds for him coming back, but this was from the same people who were super jealous so this makes no sense. And does Tech really have to walk with dignity? It's starting to dehumanize all the other past tributes because apparently they all react and think the same.

Dad's backstory has its own holes. A kid training in harpoons for five years doesn’t mean that he’s going to be a good sniper. They’re not even the same weapon and they require a different skillset and build.

I find it really weird that Mica tells the story about how he fought in war and killed people, and was totally unmoved by his own sacrifices because he tells his son to participate in the Games by killing other kids. I guess the things he’s done in war matter little and it’s back to generic reaping goodbyes. It would’ve made this scene better if Mica bought into the propaganda, if he was wrong, if he actually fought with the Capitol, etc, because this weird exchange doesn’t really go together.
Radio Free Death chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
This was actually pretty interesting. Overall, the chapter’s written well, though it could use dialogue, perhaps reduce the fact that most of the chapter’s telling instead of showing. Another problem is that I find the main character to be really grating and unlikeable. Like every other teenager ever, Tech’s good looking, disliked by his community, so much smarter than everyone, etc. It really boils down to ‘D3 was super jealous of my excellent skills so they sent me packing’ which is really childish. This behavior even extends to his dad, who made something awesome and now even his co-workers are jealous.

[“Cool”, Tech thought] – Use italics for thoughts as quotes is too close to spoken words, and punctuations go inside the dialogue.

The building they’re working in is poorly maintained, with live wire exposed and water spots everywhere. Why haven’t anybody made repairs? If the structure is still standing despite the years and people are allowed to go in and out, surely the foundation would’ve been improved otherwise you would get people dying left and right from being shocked to falling down holes. There’s no explanation given for this.

…and even more ‘oh woe is me’ moments. Tech isn’t ‘naturally disliked’ because it seems that he would be fine if he would be less smart than everyone else, which again boils down to rage and jealously even though you’d think a place like their district would value these intelligent qualities and encourage them. And because of all the telling the story does, I’m just told Tech is smart without actually seeing it for myself. I’m told his classmates are jealous even though I don’t get to see it in their interactions with him.

Overall, it's not badly written. Wish there could've been more showing and that the story doesn't involve stupid High School dynamics to ostracize Tech.
charlieal12 chapter 15 . 11/25/2013
Okay, nice to see that the story isn't dead. I loved this chapter, it was nice to see the twists the capitol threw in and how the games are starting to affect the tributes. I really find it interesting how the careers aren't the most bloodthirsty this year. Tech is one of my favorite fanfic characters I have read so far, hope to see the next chapter a bit sooner (no pressure)
charlieal12 chapter 14 . 7/19/2013
Wow, I have kind abandoned my account, but I recently stumbled upon the story again. Please continue the story, It just reawakened my hunger for fanfiction.
mintjellyfish chapter 14 . 6/27/2013
Happy to see you back writing!

That is just awful that a student stole your flashdrive. The nerve of children! Karma will get to them, I'm sure of it.

But onto your story. Great update! Not too short, not too long. I was worried that the Careers had tracked Tech down already. The deviousness of the siblings from Six is certainly interesting. Tricking and taking down a Career chosen for the Games? Their archery skills must really be on-point. And I'm interested to see the rest of the Arena. It must be quite grand for it to be the First Quarter Quell.

And yes, Poetry is still an amusingly stupid name. I'll be reading. :)
bob chapter 13 . 12/26/2012
Where's the rest
AThousandLifetimes chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
The platform trick was AMAZING
Brilliant this idea is brilliant
AThousandLifetimes chapter 3 . 8/23/2012
I like the Tribute girl's'personnality, seems interesting and I look forward to learning more about Lit and Tech's'relationship!
Keehan chapter 13 . 8/23/2012
This is so unique! I love it!
AThousandLifetimes chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Liking it so far! I don't have time to read much today but I plan on going on ;)
charlieal12 chapter 13 . 8/21/2012
Wow! Tech seriously made porcelain a target! I wonder how she will react if she survives the cornucopia. You did an amazing job with the story so far and I look forward to keep on reading.
Corgz chapter 12 . 8/18/2012
Wow the end of that chapter was great.
So far its enjoyable and i cannot wait for the next installment.