Reviews for Quick Hands
charlieal12 chapter 12 . 8/18/2012
Wow, what can I say? That was brilliant! I didn't even think that was possible, this seriously deserves more reviews. I cant even imagine what awaits Tech if he wins...
mintjellyfish chapter 10 . 8/17/2012
C9: My favorite chapter to date. It was really interesting learning how the Games slowly evolved over the years. Seeing the effect of the introduction of mutts and Careers had me really thinking of how the Games would've been had those two factors never been introduced. As a sidenote, I noticed you never refer to them as Careers (or maybe I overlooked it). Either way, good job showing the difference in Games reference compared to Katniss's time. Lit's little note at the end really touched my heart. Was there a budding romance between the two prior to her Reaping?

C10: Tech is slowly becoming more methodical and detached in terms of the Games. Although he has yet to lose his morality and humanity, it's hitting him that he must commit murder to get out of that Arena alive. Revere's expression of emotion caught me off guard. Upon his introduction, I'd casted him as a background character who'd have a one-dimensional personality for comic relief/tension. When he started getting teary-eyed, I realized this process is just as hard on him, if not harder. He serves as a mentor-escort to a district who has yet to score a Victor. Year after year, that must take a toll on him.

C11: So I read this chapter on my phone while in the backseat of my friend's boyfriend's car. I had to stop myself from gasping at the end of it when I saw the huge twist you added cause my friends would've definitely wondered what in the hell I was doing back there. To have herself look an absolute mess during her interview, undermine the interviewer, then suck Tech into her shenanigans on national television? Porcelain is truly a wild card.
mintjellyfish chapter 11 . 8/17/2012
So I'll go through this chapter by chapter.

C6: Enjoyed the overall breakdown of the chapter into four Chariot costumes were intriguing (would never think of dressing D3 tributes as power lines. Wouldn't that be more of a District Five themed ensemble?). The retort between Tech and Porcelain is always fun. Liked how they had a, though brief, shared moment of emotion during the Opening Ceremonies. Seemed to be riddled with grammatical mistakes (may have been C7 I'm thinking about). Priscilla felt too similar to Cinna (simple appearance, no Capitol accent, connection to tribute) but she was a nice addition.

C7: A simple chapter. Liked the introduction to Timber. He was realistic: a strong, silent type. Polite yet smart enough not to put too much trust or interest into Tech or any other tribute. Strongly reminded of Thresh, or what he would have been like had Katniss approached him during pre-Games activities.

C8: Meeting some of the others was very entertaining. Perfume and Poetry? Seriously? In one of my stories, the D1 girl was gonna be named Perfume but decided to go with Radiance instead, so that just reminded me of that fun fact. The D2 pair is truly foolish. To volunteer to kill your significant other...what were they thinking? Wish I got more info on the D4 Careers. They're just as important in the alliance. I imagine all of them being more dangerous than normal for they all campaigned for the spot as Tribute. I'm also curious as to how the Abengoa siblings learned to shoot an arrow, and with such accuracy and precision. June was a welcomed addition; not only crazy like Porcelain, but also very beautiful. Too often do I see D11 female tributes as Rue clones with another name. I'm happy you decided against that. However, I don't see her surviving that long, possibly a bloodbath.
charlieal12 chapter 11 . 8/17/2012
Wait,... WHAT! that twist has surpassed Suzanne Collins'. No lie.
charlieal12 chapter 10 . 8/12/2012
I'm curious to see what angle tech will play for the interviews. The games are approaching and I cant contain my excitement! Great chapter as always.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
I LOVE THIS! PLEASE DON'T STOP!
mintjellyfish chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
Why in the world does this story have so little reviews? Your writing is top-notch: I can feel the emotion behind each scene, from curiosity to terror to humor. Several times you've had me laughing while reading your fanfic and, dare I say it, acting out a couple of lines I found hilarious. All in the comfort of my own room. There are a few grammar mistakes and I believe I spotted one or two fragments. Besides that, thumbs up.

I will be reading. Oh, and congrats on your new daughter Penelope!
ELMO-fAN cLUB MeMbER chapter 9 . 8/11/2012
I'm happy to see something new, most people try to make their characters to innocent
charlieal12 chapter 9 . 8/10/2012
I absolutely love the way you explained the way the games originated! Great chapter. Loved the ending by the way :)
ELMO-fAN cLUB MeMbER chapter 8 . 8/10/2012
Crazy women seem to always end up around Tech...
charlieal12 chapter 8 . 8/10/2012
I really think this is one of the most underrated stories on fanfiction. Keep up the great work!
ELMO-fAN cLUB MeMbER chapter 6 . 8/6/2012
What happened to the chapter a day? I was looking forward to it. I'm enjoying this story by the way.
ELMO-fAN cLUB MeMbER chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
I'm enjoying this story so far
Demolation Flame chapter 4 . 7/28/2012
Really like the contrast between the names and personalities of your characters, and ypur writing is awesome! Looking forward to your upcoming chapters
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Interesting idea. I look forward to reading more of this.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2