Reviews for Lover's Respite
Bievwer chapter 19 . 10/30/2013
I cried my eyes out, during and after reading, and I'm a male who is rarely that emotional otherwise. Just wanted to let you know.

Half way through I still didn't know how you were going to play this, but when I look back at it now I see how you set it up; Blu finding the dream home and how he couldn't wait to show it to Jewel, or Jewel saying that they would watch many beautiful sunsets together in the jungle. Those things just begged for this kind of ending and made it so much sadder. Well done.

Thanks for a good story!
madison chapter 17 . 10/17/2013
I hope Nico don't die on all of us bro
Bievwer chapter 4 . 10/8/2013
An example of excellent writing. ***SPOILER ALERT*** By making it clear that Jewel really needed Blu at that moment, taking him away from her had such a huge impact. I found myself going "No, no! Not now!"
NRC rio man chapter 20 . 5/19/2013
Hey story is great I liked but could u try having jewel go to blu instead of blu going to jewel in the real movie just a tip for a story
Kraft58 chapter 12 . 4/23/2013
Love the description,
Kraft58 chapter 11 . 4/23/2013
An interesting chapter, I don't really see any reason for the intermission, but it is an interesting concept to get inside the head of Blu. Its just a little off to switch perspectives from 1st to 3rd, I would have gone omni if that would make it easier.

Good chapter regardless
Kraft58 chapter 10 . 4/23/2013
2nd review in a day, I am probably going to repeat myself a lot from the last review.

This again is a really well done chapter, one of the best I've seen on here. The description is awesome, and the dialogue although stiff in places does do its job really well.

As for something different, the plot, the plot is beginning to unfold and I personally do like it. Good job
Kraft58 chapter 9 . 4/23/2013
Hey I apologize for the late review (so very late) but I've been having some really serious health issues. I promised you I would review, and I always keep my promises so lets get this underway shall we.

This was an awesome chapter. The description was really good, good enough for me to be able to see what I am able to see even with my brain as damaged as it is. I don't have to strain anything to imagine what is happening, so congratulations you won me over right there :)

I also like the dialogue, it can come off as stiff sometimes, but overall it isn't that bad. I personally enjoyed it.

Hopefully you keep up the good work
Blu Razgriz chapter 19 . 1/11/2013
To finish what I was getting at...
Here's the link for the Avenged Sevenfold song So Far Away (Listen to the Lyrics!)
It makes the part where Jewel dies sooo much more emotional;(

watch?vD2KbiLs-suo
You'll have to copy and paste it, sorry.
Blu Razgriz chapter 19 . 1/11/2013
WOW! That was Extremely intense! I was listening to my iPod while reading this, and almost as if it was some omen telling me what happens; So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold started playing. It brought me on the very brink of tearing up.(And I'm an 18 year old guy)
Here, let me post a link to the avenged
Itzmeall chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
not bad i like it...
Nickel531 chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
EDIT: I realize that I accidentally hit the post review button, so don't read the other comment by me. Its not complete and I didn't get to properly thank you for what you've done :D

Alright. Hopefully this review isn't too long. But it will be for the entire story, so...:P.
First off, let me get this off my chest. I was content with the original ending. Not to say that the alternate was bad, just that the original struck a chord within me that many story's don't. I think only a couple of other stories on this site have that kind of power and ending, with yours being one of those select few. Take a moment and pat yourself on the back.

For the alternate ending, I read through it twice to get an opinion (first time was late at night). I must say that for writing in such a short time, it was quite great. One of my gripes was that it really didn't fit the antagonist (Cliff). He has obviously had a hell of a life,(I mean, seeing his best friend and his fiancee brutally murdered in front of him? Harsh but cool backstory) and I myself personally couldn't really bring myself to see how he'd just let them go. But I do applaud you for writing it anyways. Shows a bit of dedication to your fans, which I always enjoy seeing.

As for the rest of the story, the endings do nothing to overshadow them entirely. For an ending to be successful, it has to have a equally successful plot leading up to it in order to get the right emotional response. Looking at past reviews, I'm going out onto a limb and say you did a pretty damn good job. The fact that many people said they were sad at the end is proof how you managed to get them hooked into the story. Several parts, mainly in the entire bar-smuggler fiasco, I was on the edge of my seat. I wanted to smack Jewel for cruelty, Blu for his wee bit of a drinking problem, and other times just because of how well you make the audience care about what is happening to the blue couple. By adding so many tangents, you really bring us into the world that you've created. I feel like the several small jokes littered throughout really made it lighter as well, to a point. (Tulio just... no haha)

One of the other things was the oh so read...um... night scene between Blu and Jewel. For me, I'm not overtly fond of lemons, more importantly stories that only focus on lemons (sorry 50 shades...stay away). However, I honestly think it was maturely handled, bringing that picture of Blu's near obsessive love and Jewels love together. I went into it with a game of thrones mindset (not to skip those scenes as even they bring plot. a bit.) and came out with a gladly changed perspective of the story. Kind of made some of the gags, mainly with Tulio and Nico, just all the funnier. So thank you for going the extra mile to bring that it.

So in conclusion, I guess I'm just trying to say thank you for writing this story. It made the hours fly and I came out of it feeling like I read something with substance. You my friend are a certain paradox. You say that you aren't that good at writing and are new to it, yet you seem to have a certain way with the words. So I tip my hat to you sir, and hope for a good time writing. Enjoy yourself thoroughly, as only when you are having fun can we enjoy your stories fully.

Have a good day,
Cheers,
Nickel531
Nickel531 chapter 20 . 10/14/2012

tjamesbeard chapter 20 . 10/5/2012
I'm not sure whether I like the original ending more or not :S It had a lot more...drama I guess I could say. But it did have the burden of being sad, very sad. This ending though, it is nice, and less dramatic, and still very much amazing. You've captivated me within this story, I don't know if I'll be reading other stories anymore. I don't know why, but the way you had expressed emotion throughout the story, it was just perfect. You are an awesome author, please keep up the good work.
MAHL chapter 20 . 9/22/2012
Love this ending much more than the first one! Great job!