Reviews for The Fox and the Primrose
I like it :)
Tanon chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
pls updat.
BFCL chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
Is Rue still there and can she join the alliance?
IJuggler chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
Please update
Amandla123 chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
Please update
mrsodairmockingjay132 chapter 2 . 8/1/2012
please update
BFCL chapter 2 . 8/1/2012
Is Foxface gonna make an alliance with Prim and Rue? Update soon!
District11-Olive chapter 2 . 8/1/2012
awww Foxface :3 I just love her! You write her well and this is pretty much what I think she would be like, and those little girls :( RUE DONT DIE! meh Prim...whatever, just Rue live!
IJuggler chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Interesting premise, I must say. Primrose refusing isn't so special, but I'd never thought of it from Foxface's (or anyone else's, really) perspective.

The image of Peta raising up Primrose is actually quite striking. I'm imagining it more as she's put up on his shoulder, because that would be stronger than just holding her out or something. Had to mention because it's cool.

"Okay, that's enough summary for one single tribute. It's surprising I'm able to finish them all while inside this glass cylinder, waiting to be sent into the arena of the 74th Hunger Games."

This is kind of jarring, because it speaks more directly to the reader than the previous bits did, and I had to read it twice to realize that it wasn't during the normal time for tape-watching.

Might be intentional, but the percent sign after the 100 is gone. has been doing that for years now

I know it's a small thing, but I'm curious as to whether someone from as far as District 5 would call them Careers or something totally different. The districts were split up before the Hunger Games came about, and the cultures from the regions are completely different. Either this is a subtle hint that things aren't so different (and that coincidences are more common than they seem) or...fuck I lost it. Oh well, what I mean is that I think Foxface would use a different vocabulary term (hell, maybe the Careers are seen as role models in non-12 districts), but that would've been kind of jarring too unless you introduced the concept and gave it more time than it deserves. Bleh.

One point you used then instead of them during the game plan. I thought the description was kind of contrived, for strategic and general writing purposes (she's been over this plan a million times, and so she should only need to gloss over points if at all, or she hasn't even thought of it yet and so she's scared and unsettled, is how I see it), but it otherwise would've been awkward empty space so whatever.

Reverse psychology dictates that she'd get attention what way? By getting a 1 instead? I think that that should be specified a little more, but I like the thought.

I believe you mean miner boy. Heh, minor too, but it's a bit more descriptive.

I don't have a copy of the books, and haven't read them in a year, but wasn't it Foxface who threw that knife at Katniss at the very start? If so, that shows a different planning than what yours has her doing, which doesn't really make sense. If it was the girl who got the bow, then nevermind.

I never took Foxface for one of the people who would think such depressed thoughts, especially as her adrenaline was pumping. She seems more like someone who would just deal with it and move on, maybe questioning her own motives during long nights or something but not outright rejecting her feelings. Too fluid to let anything break her rhythm, you know? If she had those sorts of doubts, I don't thunk she'd have had a chance at avoiding the landmines in the book.

When using numbers past ten, it's generally favoured to type out the whole thing instead of 19 or whatever. Just one of those things

Since you're going to make this multi-chaptered, I wouldn't be surprised if Foxface won. Interesting to see the changes, though.