Reviews for Behind That Smile
eyeofthegoddess chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
That was interesting. I have seriously thought about the fact that Sai was an assassin, but yet, I have never written about it. But you're right. Those are the emotions that are hidden by that fact smile. And until he can work out those emotions, he can never find true happiness.

Wow - deep! But well done. Can't wait to read your next story!
sithrein chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
honestly i feel im missing something as i read this... iv read it 3 times and i still feel im not getting it all lol. perhaps watching mice run in circles is sai's equivalent of counting sheep? AND! is that last line somewhat of a double meaning? working on his smile is initially understood, but sai's ability to take everything at face also makes me believe he is working on driving naruto nuts lmao. interesting read, provoked more thinking time than i spent reading the whole thing _
R-Deg chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
WOW! I had never thought of this in regards to Sai and his new found/resurected emotions and how they have affected his outlook on what he has done in the past as a Root ANBU compared to the present. Very Dark. Love it! As always! :)
HimeFlye chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
"He's free to say anything, free to talk about everything"

I thought that was pretty wording. and I liked the part where you talk about how freedom of speech also includes freedom to keep silent.

heheh I find it funny that you and I both posted darkish Sai one shots at around the same time. Guess I was just in the mood. :)

I liked this fic a lot, it was certainly darker then you normally write. You've got some good undertones here.

I also like how you have made the 'good guys' the 'bad guys' I mean I know he needs to tell the Hokage and them about Danzo but. . . Poor Sai! I felt so bad for him here.
I thought the ending with the smile was wonderful. While Naruto and Sakura were cleaning ponds, catching lost pets and trying to get bells from their sensei, Sai was doing assassin work all along. They just don't get it.

well done.
MaliBiser chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I like the theme - the connection between freedom and responsibility. How conscience jumps on people on their off-days, when they are supposed to relax. Using ink mice as a sleeping pill is a great detail, and I've only read three of your stories so far, but I hope that strong ending sentences that make an impact are your trademark. :)
Also it's nice to see people experiment with writing techniques in fanfiction. :)
Rory O'Kane chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Nice story. I liked the reveals at the end – the mouse's purpose and the effects of Sai's thoughts.
The Roaming Shadow chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Seriously? You were working on a crack fic when the idea for this came up? Well, that just bumps you up a few notches in my "Awesome Authors" list. I really like how you wrote this oneshot. There's just something about it that intrigues me. Not bad for your first angst-themed story. I absolutely adore it.