Reviews for Memories Kept Alive
Undertakerlover 1306 chapter 8 . 8/21
Nemo and Gill finally found each other! This is one chapter that made me cry. Oh and I was waiting for Gill to say Sharkbait all throughout the chapter.
firedrakegirl chapter 17 . 7/20
This was beautiful. After watching Finding Nemo about five times a day since Saturday, (I've been sitting with my little brother in the hospital and the choice of movies there is rather small) I've been struck with a need to know what happened to the Tank Gang, especially Gil. Thank you for figuring it out.
Summary for A Moorish Idol's Life:
When Gill lost his son and wife after a terrible incident, he makes friends with a group of fish in Sydney and becomes their leader. Join with Gill as he goes on journey through his life in childhood, adulthood,
fatherhood and leadership.
ShawnaTheAwesomeWriter chapter 8 . 6/12
Beautiful! 3
God, I love Gill!~
I liked this story about what Gill's life in the past was like before he became the leader of the Tank Gang. I have a request for you. Can you write a new story about Gill's life before he lost his family and after he found a new family in the Tank Gang, Nemo, Marlin and Dory called "A Moorish Idol's Life" and add the stuff from Memories Kept Alive? I want you to do that because I want to see more of Gill's life before he lost Marion and Milo.

I hope you like my request.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/15/2015
I'm so happy that Gill has a loving new family. Can you add a song for Gill, The Tank Gang, Nemo, Marlin and Dory to sing. Something like this:

Gill:
Fins to warm me when cold
Lips that smiled and never scold
Ears the listen, fins that hold.
My friends are just like family

Nemo:
The ones who wipe your tears when you feel small

Marlin:
The ones who always be there when you called

Dory:
The ones who truly love you most of all

Gill:
My friends are just like family

Chorus:
My friends are just like family!
Guest chapter 17 . 11/18/2014
YOU NEED TO MAKE A SEQUEL!
fragrant flower chapter 17 . 6/24/2014
Well done
Femmeraptor220 chapter 15 . 12/11/2013
That was so sad and beautiful, it made me cry. :')
Kimberly McClint chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
You should complete this story! This was so intriguing! I loved this story. It is the best so far!
Someone chapter 17 . 11/29/2013
CURSE YOU, GILL! After your life's story, I can't stop crying! *sniff sniff*
S. Snowflake chapter 17 . 7/18/2013
Well, I finally read through all of this. It's a pretty good fanfiction, though maybe just because it's a "Finding Nemo" story I kind of wanted a little more of the journey with the Tank Gang, since that's where character development and clever jokes were happening more or less.

Gill's recovery was a bit sudden. Not that it isn't understandable that he would find a lot of relief in letting this secret finally go (and some people really do keep things like that to themselves for too long), but there's a lot of complication to grief and grief patterns. Call it an odd thought, but the way Gill is set up, it seemed he was the darkened athiest who believed his family was gone and he could never accept the idea of an afterlife (dare we call it Fish Heaven?) for his family. I'm reading too much into it, but it's how I think. I just took a class in death and dying psychology where we had a philosophy of "there's no fix, but coping" for these things.

Anyway, it's still a good fic. There's lots of description to get into these interpretations of the characters and plenty of moments that seem in-character. For any shippers out there, personally I would have wanted to see more Geb and less Dorlin, but that's just me. Your mileage may vary, but it's never in your face.

*S. Snowflake
Cutie Kyuubi chapter 17 . 7/9/2013
Awwwww I didn't know it ended! But it was a great ending. Not like some stories where it seems rushed. Now, I'm going to bed!
GodShynin300 chapter 17 . 7/4/2013
I've absolutely loved it!
Freida Right chapter 17 . 7/3/2013
Raindrops. You should call us your Raindrops. ; D

*le wistful sigh* I remember sitting on the beach last Augsut, reading the first chapter of this story. Oh, how fsr its come! So proud!