Reviews for Elfen Lied: Alternate
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
oi amgos
Seraphobia chapter 28 . 11/8/2012
Been looking through your story, but only skipped to here as I understood this to be a general review of Elfen Lied, and not an actual story piece.

I will post some opinions of the work, and more in depth with the review at some later date, but I wanted to post now to perhaps advise you to comb back through the review and get rid of all the snark. You used some rather insulting language and there is more than a little presumptuousness where Elfen Lied viewers/readers are concerned. Such things would make it quite difficult for a person with an opposing viewpoint, to consider your own point of view.

"diehard Elfen Lied fans are not rational enough to rebuttal this theory"

This is what I'm talking about. Things like this come off as extremely arrogant. If that is what you're intending to get across about yourself, then so be it. If not, I'd suggest rethinking some of the wording.

It is a little hypocritical to demand that there be no "backlash", only to turn around and preemptively insult potential reviewers by suggesting they are irrational, "foaming at the mouth" rabid fan types.

Feel free to delete this review if you find it uncomfortable, or no longer relevant to current content (in the event of an edit).
Doomevil chapter 28 . 11/7/2012
I do agree on the Nyu problem as she really doesn't do anything that serves the anime nor manga, after seeing the manga I honestly thought the anime could have been better. (In fact I watched the anime first) Every time when Lucy switches her personality to the Nyu side I felt that the creators were doing this on purpose just so they could make the final confrontation for Kouta and Lucy scene at the end of anime.

I felt that there wasn't enough scenes were Lucy and Kouta would confront each other, like the 6th ep you have mentioned, How many scenes were there? Three overall? Yeah. Basically what I'm trying to say is that they focus too much on Nyu in the anime. Although I may be wrong about this since I haven't seen the episodes for a long time...
forgottencharacter chapter 28 . 11/7/2012
Ive read your reviews, your work and i have to ask. If Elfen Lied finished the anime. Made a second or even third season, would it be tragic for all those on fanficition, who may have never ever attempted to fit in those plot holes and that unfinished story. Stories that have given me hope. By not having another season, it gave people like us to dream of our fantazised ending. To know that it is a story with no end, where Lucy is still alive and Khota and co are still happy. Still i hope that one day, even if its a remake, that they would be able to finish off the story of ever so tragic, elfen lied.
MaddMatt90 chapter 28 . 11/7/2012
I agree with you on alot of this. The anime and manga (mainly the anime) could have been way better. The Anime was left with far to many plot holes and inconsistacies. The manga was good to fill those in but for those who don't read them, just leaves the viewers scratching their heads. Nyu was cute, at first, than she became somewhat of nuseanse( miss-spelling I'm sure), but if they focused more on that personality fusing so-to-speak with the Lucy personality into a single one, Kaede, it would have turned out better. Just my two-cents to add! But I really did enjoy your version of this series!
TheUnPercepted chapter 26 . 10/11/2012
This fanfiction should have gotten more reviews, but I guess that people didn't...
You need to deserved more reviews, not just from four different people, but anyways.. your presentation on this fanfiction is outstanding. Transforming this cliche harem genre and idiotic character of the major characters, including Nyu to a more realism, grisly, and a true tragic story. There were some moments of sadness (yet deserving) when I read it, particularly when Nyu is abused from Kouta and, especially the brutality from Yuka. The emotional provoke is extremely effective, which is better than the actual Elfen Lied, when the audience is supposed to feel sympathy for Nyu despite of her 'Lucy' personality committing atrocities.

I actually have a question, which I do not think that it was answered on the Q&A sessions.
What is your opinion on Elfen Lied (not the anime or manga version, but the actual storyline and all of these factors)?
I was curious mainly because I have not seen any Elfen Lied fanfiction writer that is willing to go beyond to the 'sensitive' aspects for Nyu, like the previous reviewer who mention something about Nyu being harmed, abused, or whatever.
Anywho, this fanfiction story needs to have more reviews and you did spectacular on the plot. This is what Elfen Lied should have been! Great Job!
Guest chapter 26 . 10/10/2012
I am not going to lie to you, but this fanfiction is absolutely terrific, coming from myself who do not like the show or manga very much. One of the main reasons why I dislike Elfen Lied is mainly because of the plot holes, spontaneous subplots, and the strange contradiction between the Nyu and Lucy personality. But you, FreemanIsLegend, did something fantastic. This fanfiction story is about revenge and how far it goes, separating away from the harem genre and the 'overrated' and 'untouchable' Nyu (what I mean is that people are sensitive about Nyu being hurt/abused/etc.). It sounds a bit cold-hearted from me, but I actually think that Kaede/Lucy/Nyu's death is very acceptable and I am looking forward to the alternate ending of yours, if you come back to the website. I really enjoy this fanfiction and I hope that you would write more fanfiction stories next year so I can read more from you.
Doomevil chapter 18 . 8/25/2012
Damn, people are REALLY mean in this fic. I know you're trying to go for a realistic scenario of how we deal with these kind of family deaths but going for torture for revenge? It still kinda supports the fact that "humans are mean" in this fic. I am actually rooting for the diclonius.

Why couldn't Kouta just call the police if he wants to get rid of Lucy/Nyu? I would of done that if my family was murdered by a killer. He or she would rot in that prison. I think this whole revenge thing doesn't do anything but waste time.

And Kouta can't make up his own mind if he wants to kill Lucy or not.
Seeing how it all goes back and forth to "Imma kill you you murdererwr rawr!" then goes to "I'm sorry nyuu how about a cookie?"

then goes on and on. Please make up your mind about that.

This fic would of been better if Kouta killed Lucy at that bridge part. Now it's just a mess that leads to drama.
OmnifariousDessert chapter 16 . 8/19/2012
Cool story bro. No I mean it. Looking forward to the next chapter.
SouthernElmo chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
My favorite Elfen Lied story so please keep it goinPr
OmnifariousDessert chapter 11 . 8/12/2012
Pretty good chapter. I want to know if Kaede will regrow her horns later on. I just like her better with them :D

Keep this story alive!