Reviews for The Warrior
Dominus Tenebrosus chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Rolling Commentary:

...Wait, Junction City is your thing? I thought that was canon! ...Man. You know how to flesh out a setting. Here I am applauding you, and all I've read so far is the A/N. Something of a record, that.

"I am a warrior.

I am the one..." -I don't know what the challenges are, but judging, I'm guessing there's gonna be a fight. I like his anticipation, either way.

Tournament mentions... Hm, that explains the whole game setting, doesn't it? I thought it was a bit odd until then.

All that, and no ego at all. :P At least he shares it with his crew.

Dedicated to the fight, he is. *nods* Respect that, I do.

Hm. He's a bit diminutive, then? Somehow, I was picturing this larger than life guy in armor, maybe on horseback.

A fight for the sake of a good fight, eh? Again, I can respect that.

Heh. But if he can be defeated, then he is not unstoppable, I'd think. Hmm.

Almost feel guilt, eh?

You know, I have a feeling that, if he were faced with an evil twin, he would relish that fight so very much.

Hmm... Can't face the alternative of defeat, but... He's been defeated. Wait, what?

Everything for the battle, eh? Well. Respect that too, I do.

Heh. Totally not full of himself. Not the least. :P

General Thoughts:

Well, for once, I'm reading your story and not feeling like I'm having my heartstrings torn from their sockets. An interesting change. :D

I like this. You definitely get a sense of the character with it. That said, it's a bit shorter than some of your other works... That said, this character is... I don't want to say flat, because that's wrong, but at the same time sort of right. I mean, it's a lovely description of an absolutely focused character. He is the warrior, and he has sacrificed everything else to be the perfect one. Definitely, we get that; but it also doesn't take a very long time to get out there, if you know what I mean. Not a bad thing, just an observation. :)

Good stuff, as always. :D
MorningTime4 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow, nice story! I never heard of this fandom, but it sounds good. :)
KoopalingFan chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Fantastic! You have done well with this story! Great job!
MissSonicX chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Wow this is really good first person! I never really ever gave the Meta Knight any serious thought before, since I've never played any Kirby I feel like I know his character better so good job :)
Mystical Authoress chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I love the characterization of Meta Knight that you put into this piece, MOD.
hnameh chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I won't be happy until there's another chapter where he gets trounced.

I'm only half joking. It's an interesting look into what MK's character might be like, and it's a varied taste of it too. He's honorable but harsh, he's confident but self-conscious, he both thrives on attention and ignores it (if he suspects it's not positive.) It's a short work, but it doesn't gloss over flaws.

But as a single piece, I feel like it's missing half an arc. Part of me figures, well, it's a brief piece, a monologue focused on one mood or moment. But because you put let compelling flaws in, I feel like there's a gap after the last lines, like MK's made room for self-doubt that needs to be tested. An expectation that he needs to prove himself or earn being a legend. So as a solitary piece, it's interesting, but I need (and would like) more.