Reviews for This is Not My Idea
Wolf of the Western Woods chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
sweet idea, adorable characterization! Can I just give you a couple tips?
The first is that you might want to put a little more attention into details like where they are and their distance from certain objects to give a perspective for our mental pictures.
Also, the writing is just a little bit direct. So if there was anything I'd work on about this it would be too smooth the writing style a little, so it doesn't sound choppy when read aloud.
Good work, I enjoyed it!
AnimeToonz19 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Awww! This was adorable! :)
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Awesome idea of Merida meeting her suitors as children in reference to Derek and Odette doing the same thing in The Swan Princess!

In the beginning, Fergus would be teaching Merida archery and later swordplay because he wants her to know how to defend herself in danger, especially after what happened to him. This is how it's useful for a person like Merida, and Elinor has to learn to value something like that, though she doesn't because Merida's interests are completely unladylike, but like you say here, it's also likely because she's afraid Merida might accidentally hurt herself. However, as a mother, I do think she is proud of Merida for being so talented in something that very few people actually would be unless they really practice at it for years.

And now, of course, with the lords and their wives and sons coming, it's no wonder all the more why Elinor thinks Merida shouldn't be doing this now. When they finally come, I'm sure Merida would be confused as to why all her "playmates" are boys...and it sure sounds like the boys already have their characters developed...including Young Macintosh saying how great of a fighter he is. And of course, Merida would say her dad is, and it's no wonder she'd want to play with her dad rather than these boys.

Already Merida is a much better shooter than Young Macintosh, who's also already a major sore loser. Plus, getting beat by a girl is very humiliating, especially since the other boys take amusement in this. So then he runs and complains to his parents about this, and Lord Macintosh is the only male parent to get mad about this and wonder why Merida isn't doing more ladylike activities.

We've all seen how the fathers in the movie interact, so it's nice that you talk about the mothers here, including how Lady MacGuffin also doesn't know much standard English/Scottish.

I actually thought of an idea of Merida (after the events of the film) sometime meeting up with the lords' sons and showing them how to do archery properly, so I like your idea of Merida showing it Young MacGuffin. Maybe that's how they could learn to become friendly with each other and maybe end up together one day. At least they can do better together than Wee Dingwall and Young Macintosh getting along. And after getting beat by Merida, he wouldn't bear getting teased for picking flowers for his mother.

So Merida is still a way better archer than Young MacGuffin, but at least she's being nice and patient on teaching how to do it, and he thinks she's great at it. I know he'd like to be at it one day, not just to be good with weapons, but so she can be impressed by him.

Very good story idea. :)
Leesie3973 chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
:'( I'm so sad! I want more! This would make the beginnings of an amazing fic!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
That was adorable!
Avatarcatz2323 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I like it, but why do the characters' names keep switching? It makes it really confusing; you should fix it.

Anyway, I like it, and thanks for writing it clean! Hmm, story ideas... none that I'm not writing. Hopefully some other people give you ideas! :}

You're a great author!

-Avatarcatz2323-
JuJuBeez Lover chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
great, i thought it was cute how merida and the suitors are so little...
elsatheicequeen chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
aww so cute!
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Aw adorebale fic I can;t wait to see this