Reviews for The Bender Suicides
NixKat chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Very interesting.
Akari78 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
There aren't that many things of this nature, but I'm glad you did it. Excellent and saddening piece.
Warfang chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I still don't know how to aptly express how you've captured the melancholy and loss that each person felt, how you've portrayed personal strengths, weaknesses, and convictions. And still, I'm not sure if I would call it weakness, so much as a despair, a constant reminder of being cut off. To them, their bending was a foundation of identity- in Ming's case, as a writer you stated that he was 'someone else's rock', alluding to the Bender's qualities associated with earth.
I'm not sobbing so much as I have felt a current of feeling run under my mind, deep and penetrating, absorbing and reflecting upon your writing.

Also, that part about wondering what happened to Councilman Tarrlok at the end- very well down. There are (four is it?) many ways to set how his ending came from the public's understanding, and in light of the suicides, and having experienced losing her own beinding, I do believe you correctly termed what to say-
'I hope he's at peace'.
Overall, this is a beautiful and in-depth writing of the benders, and the world they live in. You have conveyed an understanding to the reader, one that puts them (the reader) into understanding the character without need for grandiose.
There is so much praise I could write out, and so much more unsaid about the work that I do not feel adequate to express at this time. You have done an excellent job, sensitive to the material, and very real.
Thank you.