Reviews for Leader
silberstreif chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
It's wonderful to see Skyfire here as something more than the polite scientist. He's obviously the arial expert in this setting, but Prime is ignoring his advice - and the catastrophe (and all the following problems) happen. So yeah, he was right and OP was wrong.
I can really see this as an additional motivation for Skyfire to leave (as other reviewers mentioned). This was a grave error of leadership here, an error for which the Aerial bots will pay in every single battle... and maybe eventually with their life. Because even after this betrayal, their attraction to Starscream (and maybe event he other seekers as a whole) will not vanish. They're weakened.
I really love the discussion between OP and Skyfire. Skyfire sooo tries to be polite and respectful, but his anger is there and strong. The wing-language bits with Prowl were funny, even in the serious context.
silber
Starfire201 chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
Well...Skyfire may be a bit of an aft here, but at least he's an honest one.

You know that I am in the camp that speculates that Skyfire wasn't in the movie or G2 because he left before the action that took place. I'd say everything here, including the ending bit would be considered good contributory reasons for said departure, if it happened. I doubt very much that Prime liked hearing those few words.
Shadowsocks chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Weee! I always love to see stories where Skyfire has a personality and Optimus is a being capable of errors. This little piece has both so I'm rater pleased with it. I'd love to see more if you write it because your take on these characters and how they behave is very neat.
Vigatus chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Great story with an interesting plot. It made me wonder if the Dinobots (who also have wings) understand Wong language.
Phoenix51 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Great chapter, thanks for posting!
Frog-Lizard chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Frog: This was an intriguing one-shot. I've always been curious about how the differing frame types of Cybertronians could behave differently and how that behavior could be misunderstood. I really like this theory you have, it really seems like it's something that would work in their world :)

And I loved Skyfire's personality in this XD How he's completely unintimidated, if only because he's bigger than everyone else, but how he still tries to be mostly polite. He has good intentions, but it's not his fault if Optimus has been doing this for so long that he's probably a little too used to being right.
Anodythe chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I'd love to see a follow-up chapter.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I've already seen a number of fics which allude to the fact that ground-based frames have no real idea of the dynamics involved in either the flight abilities of a flier or their politics as well. They also seem to imply that these same frametypes have no real desire to learn, either.

While Prime is seen as a father figure by most, I was once given examples where he act close-minded on several occasions, so this isn't a real issue to me. I actually prefer my characters to be flawed, as you may have already deduced from Pariah. But in this case, even if the Aerialbots did do what was right in the end, Skyfire's prediction was a very near thing.

You know, I said in my fic of Final Curtain that Skyfire just left the Autobots when he got tired of how he was being treated, since he wasn't really confirmed as being seen in G2. I'd say that examples like the one you just wrote would also be a good motivation for him to leave if they continued over a prolonged period of time.
whowantstoknow chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Oh I like.
An intro-perspective piece?
Very well done.
Thank you for the insights on the Arial bots.

I like how you ended, with the idea that Prowl would take a bigger bot aside for swearing.
Yep, there are cultural rules, and understandings that Prime has missed - he means well, but cannot second-guess himself.

This short-one shot gives a reason WHY the gestalt has issues, and why they are sympathetic to the Decepticons (not the morals, or the reasons, but the fact the Seekers chose their own leader, and the flyers fly together - not fighting one another.