Reviews for Certus
8oclocksleeper chapter 60 . 2/4
This was epic! The Crucible chapters and the ending, in particular, were definitely better than the canon, and it's mainly because you did justice to the characters. You really do have a gift for story-telling. Thank you for writing this!
8oclocksleeper chapter 25 . 2/1
Wow, this chapter was a really interesting read. The way you depicted the interaction among the characters, as well as the "thought-process" of the geth, was very impressive. Really looking forward to reading more of your work!
SDoradus chapter 1 . 1/27
In my review yesterday noting that 1362 light years was a gross underestimate, and that FTL would have meant the galaxy knew of the details much sooner than 1000 years, I neglected to take into account that your Shepard was clearly aware that FTL is faster than information.
BrilliantPurple chapter 60 . 1/12
This was a very well written story. I found the way you went about it very unique (different events and different POVS that furthered the story).
Lara Jayd chapter 60 . 12/5/2015
I think the only way to start this review is with a big, satisfied, happy sigh. This was a wonderful story, one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read.

I love how you managed to create such a complicated, three-dimensional Shepard without ever really writing from her perspective. It took me a while to decide to read your stories because of this, to tell the truth - for me Mass Effect is all about Shepard and I wasn't sure I could get into a fanfic that didn't use her voice - but I'm glad I did. I really liked your Shepard, I empathised with her and I was always rooting for her.

I loved the way you treated Kaidan, too, making him his own person rather than just the love interest. His guilt and eventual redemption was satisfying to read through, and I loved the original elements to his story you came up with. Especially Kasumi - I thought you used her very well, although I was disappointed she wasn't with the Normandy crew.

Kaidan and Shepard's relationship was really well-written as well. I liked how it was realistic and practical while still being one of those fairy tale romances we all love from time to time.

In terms of constructive criticism, I can only think of two things. Firstly, I felt that sometimes your prose can get a little abstract and a little philosophical for the subject matter. For example I thought you wrote excellent action scenes, but they occasionally seemed to meander a little into overly detailed description, which took a little away from the action. However this entire criticism is highly dependent on the reader's preference, I think.

Secondly, I had been waiting for the whole story, anticipating a switch over into Shepard's perspective for one or two heavy-hitting chapters. And you did switch over, but at a time when it had far less impact than it could have. For example, I would have loved to see Shepard's perspective as she woke up in the hospital after everything and realised that they'd won, or perhaps as she evaded Harbinger and dived into the beam with Javik, not knowing if she would come out the other side or not. What you did write was great, but I feel like this was a missed opportunity.

Overall I really thoroughly loved your story. Thank you for all your hard work and for posting it here for us to enjoy. Here's hoping Andromeda gets the writing bug going again!
Lara Jayd chapter 20 . 10/15/2015
Wow this was amazing. I was not expecting this turn of events and now I'm on the edge of my seat hanging out for more. If only I didn't have to go to work! Awesome job!
Puchula chapter 60 . 1/27/2015
I'm not much of a commenter (probably a mistake on my part) but after reading all your stories I just had to add my two cents to all the others that already thanked you for a great story. Reading it started as a sort of detox after finishing ME and not quite being able to let go of it and quickly turned into another consuming world to get lost in. Your take on the characters and the underlying (personal and political) struggle beneath common video game over simplification was great, it gave the story a whole new depth that is already canon in my head. Thank you for turning a great game into a great story and giving Shep the last few layers she needed to be completely and utterly awesome!
harpandsword chapter 19 . 12/21/2014
Once again, I love how you've built upon existing ME lore, expounded on it, explored it, followed it to it's logical conclusions. The games really glossed over Shep's reincarnation. Just kind of a, "Oh? I was dead? Ok." But here you portray this unnerving fear of having your body rebuilt by the enemy, and an enemy that's been using reaper technology no less. And you hit on the time descrepancy. Imagine waking up tomorrow in 2016. Seriously, I love how immersed I feel in the world reading your stuff.
harpandsword chapter 15 . 11/3/2014
3 insane things before breakfast. Hmm... I hope you don't mind but I just made this a life goal. I'm assuming any time between the hours of 0000 and 0600 is fair game. Or does one HAVE to go to sleep in order to unlock this achievement?
harpandsword chapter 13 . 11/3/2014
I like a good flip out. It's realistic. Not all the time. Not over angst. But every once and awhile, everyone meets their limits.

So I get the feeling you either work with computers or are good friends with someone who does.
harpandsword chapter 8 . 11/3/2014
I heard 3rd intergalactic inter species pleasure cruise in Seth Green's voice...and it made me smile.
harpandsword chapter 7 . 11/2/2014
3 Things I like about this chapter:

1) The description of the omni-blade and how it would actually feel to wield
2) Plausible reasoning for mediocre AI behaviors.
3) The phrase, "pave flat of individual will."
harpandsword chapter 5 . 11/1/2014
Okay, this right here, is why I'm curled up with my laptop on a rainy day instead of continuing to plow through the Game of Thrones books. Genuine voice change between points of view. I really feel like I'm viewing the game universe from EDI's perspective and this few lines of dialogue from the game is now a treasure trove of insight into the character and how she views the world.
harpandsword chapter 4 . 11/1/2014
Ha. The Lola/Loco naming convention drove me nuts. I remember watching my husband play and thinking to myself, "Wait. Why didn't they just change it to the feminine form of the adjective?"
dorko525 chapter 48 . 10/30/2014
I swear to God Miranda, don't make Shepard beat you with your own genetically perfect leg.