Reviews for A Tale of Two Tunas
Bluebonnet Clover chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Oh, mah stawrs 'n garters! This is the funniest "Mary Sue" parody I've ever read!

You have absolutely nailed the "Tuna" characters, as well as the LOTR ones. The "Tuna" characters' reactions to landing are so funny, and so spot-on. I've known too many Charlenes, Berthas, Veras, and Pearls in my time - not just in rural Texas.

The "cold front" and "nice an' cool" comments are great, as is comparing diamond dust to glitter!

Charlene's reaction to the overwhelming beauty of Elves is excellently described. Poor thing, she couldn't even make cheerleader, never mind fit in with such amazing beings. As they say in Texas, bless 'er hawrt!

I almost choked on my own Dr. Pepper when Charlene said, "Mama, I don't think we're in Tuna no more"! Boy, that hurt! The Dr. Pepper, I mean.

I love your description of Tirion-on-Tuna - just enough detail to evoke beautiful visions in the reader's mind. And what a lovely idea for Galadriel’s gathering of the LOTR characters "in the city of her birth."

(I do wonder whether Celeborn and Galadriel would be the leaders to whom Laureglin would report. Am I wrong that they are now "mere residents" of the city? Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong; my reading hasn't yet included many of Tolkien's other books, although I'm slowly working on it. At any rate, the Fellowship's reactions to the news is great; I still chuckle at Gandalf's "Decidedly odd.")

"Horse's tail" had me laughing out loud! I'll never again see my granddaughters' dog-ears without thinking of this line.

The Middle-earthers' reactions to the Texans' intelligible words is very well done.

I love Celebrian's "This is true," a favorite saying around my own home. And of course, her support of her husband's statement is very in-character, as are the comments made by the others. I love Celeborn's sigh, and Gandalf's "That, my good hobbit..."

"Irish knot things" and "tie-dye"! Oh, Aint Pearl (as so many Texans pronounce it)!

The discussion of the movie is so good!

Oh, I got the hiccups when I read Charlene’s reaction to Legobloom!

I can see Celeborn bowing as he volunteers his name.

AhahaHA! Agent Smith/Elrond’s advice to smile! Oh, my sides are splitting!

Yes, Frodo, an interesting day indeed!

Oh, my, I haven’t laughed this hard in days. What a wonderful, hilarious crossover!

This is complete enough to stand on its own, but it would do my heart good to see more chapters.

Well met, little Texas Rose, very well met!
Writer From Rivendell chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
You're planning to finish this, right? If not, that's a shame - this is the best thing I've read in a long time. :o)
TZA chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
*tries not to wake suitemate with laughter* This is how 'modern girl falls into ME' should be done! Loved the 'Agent Elrond' part and "Smile. She may fear you, though I have no idea why." And when Charlene wakes, it'll be interesting to see what she does when she sees Legolas there. ;D I've heard about Tuna, Texas, though never seen the plays (always wanted to, though). More, more, more! this is so kewl! rite mor!1! XD Okay, enough bad English. This rocks. Please, please, please post more. I'm most eager to read it.
Cult of the Cynical Giant Cow chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Oh dear lord. ::shakes head in merriment:: I can certainly see that happening: locking eyes with Legolas and fainting dead away... 'course, I'd prefer Haldir myself... or perhaps Figwit. Hm. Anyway, am anticipating more of this, as am curious to see what happens when Charlene wakes up.

-Agent Melissa

PS I like the small-town idea thingum. Gives it an interesting twist.
N I chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
Please I really want to know what happens
Naeth chapter 1 . 9/17/2002
Lol! More soon? Please? I cannot wait to see what happens next! Okay, I'll try to make this a proper critique. First, well researched. I usually don't go much for crossovers but this is good so far and very funny. 'Cel...Cel- the other guy' indeed! :)
liz chapter 1 . 6/26/2002
Oh my God! This is the weirdest crossover yet! I loved "Greater Tuna", "Tuna Christmas", and the Fourth of July one.

And I love Lord of the Rings. So I guess this makes sense. But, wow. Very good, very funny. Keep writing!
Philosopher At Large chapter 1 . 6/26/2002
Thank you for the beverage warning - otherwise there would have been coffee inhalation issues!

I spent much of my childhood in Texas - the Cheerleader thing is alas quite true...what higher ambition can a schoolgirl have? (Certainly not wanting to discover Lost Cities - how utterly _bizarre_.)

Hoo boy. I'll be looking for the updates regularly!
Kalenniphredil chapter 1 . 6/26/2002
Oh my, but that was hilarious! Can't wait to see what happens next.