Reviews for Him or Me
HPHGfan1313 chapter 1 . 3/4
Great story. But it'd have been more satisfying if we got to see Harry and Hermione kicking Ron out.
Butterfly chapter 1 . 11/9/2020
Points to be noted:
1) Molly shouted about muggles and asked where the platform is
2) She sent sweater to Harry in book 1 during Christmas when she barely knew him
3) Ginny was possessed by Voldemort but never given treatment
4) Ron put a barrier between in Harry and Hermione in book 3 and 7
5) Molly admitted that she used love potion to Arthur Weasley
6) Molly sent howlers to Hermione in book 4, for her closeness with Harry
5) Hermione was always sent to Burrow or Grimauld place some weeks before Harry's arrival so that she can be pushed towards Ron (Book 4,5,6,7)
6) Ginny asked Hermione to help her with Harry
7) Harry's sudden attraction towards Ginny
8) Fred and George selling love potions in their joke shop
9) Fred and George giving Ron the book " How to woo a witch"
10) Hermione acting like bitch to Harry in book 6
11) Harry likes Ginny because she is hot, athletic, funny (or arrogant), and she has nice skin
12) Ron played with Lavender's heart and Ginny played with Dean's heart in book 6
13) Ginny likes Harry because he fights with Voldemort
14) The Weasleys are hard core supporters of Dumbledore, no matter how stupid his decisions may be

Conclusions:
* Molly and the twins are involved in using love potion
* The Weasley bashing stories have some valid reasons
* Neville and Luna are the better friends than Ron
stevem1 chapter 1 . 8/30/2020
This is a good scene, which makes a lot of sense.
Namealdi chapter 1 . 7/9/2020
I think JKR just lost it all when book 5 start. Lost her touch on writing book. Now I didn't blame her for made hermione end up ron. it's her choice after all. But really, it dissapoint me to see Ron married Hermione. and made harry end up with Ginny who isn't there when harry need ginny. only hermione actually loyal as friend to harry even if something like that happen in 6 book when hermione angry at harry. when from the first year harry is always there for her. and ron always made hermione hurt more and more. and betrayel in war? i don't get it. i know this is story and all that. but i do know that in war you can never afford betrayel. it's lucky that ron didn't get harry or hermione killed in this war. That of course just my oppionion.
DoraLupinTonks chapter 1 . 5/4/2020
Exactly! you point out many valid points that I have always found bugging me. How Harry suddenly likes Ginny, how Hermione suddenly likes Ron! Ron did have a sense of entitlement towards Hermione as if what he wants is true and Hermione's feelings doesn't matter! I always thought that love potions were involved. This is the main reason why Wesley bashing stories seems so real and that they could have happened canonically.

Then we come to Ron's contribution to the group, exactly what does he do!? He won the chess match in the first year, from second year he doesn't do anything! Second here he gets in the crash in the COS and stays there until Harry and Ginny comes out, third year he stays in bed while Harry and Hermione saves buckbeak and Sirius! Fourth year he was in league with Malfoy and calling Harry a liar and cheat{very loyal friend there!}, fifth he goes with them. in the ministry and was the first one to get attacked by the brains, and seventh year he left them in the tent when things got. tough! he doesn't exactly do anything other than complaining and acting like a victim! he jealous, immature and a bully. i always believed that Ron is nothing other than a red-haired Draco. atleast Draco changed in CC, Ron still has his prejudices. He was as prejudiced as the death eaters, who ironically he was fighting.
Tracey Young chapter 1 . 3/1/2020
This needs to be expanded on. How do they confront/get rid of Ron?
tyrannicpuppy chapter 1 . 8/5/2019
Such a delightful look at what might have been. The latter part was very sweet, despite what they had to discuss, but it all makes sense in these circumstances.

The potions are an interesting potential point. In all the books there are forms of magic introduced in the early chapters that become integral to plot points later in the story. The portkey boot in Goblet for example.

And at the beginning of HBP, we get love potions introduced in that same manner alongside the vital Felix Felicis, but no real plot payoff beyond Merope 'might' have dosed Tom Riddle. And suddenly both Harry and Hermione are acting oddly and pining over people whom they have had zero noticeable attraction to or interest in beforehand.

When combined with Mrs Weasley's 'offhand mentioning' that she dosed her own husband, is it any wonder our thoughts go to potions given these parameters?

You also touch on a very major point that bugs me about canon. What does Ron actually contribute to their circle? Hermione is the brains. Harry is the brawn, the one thrust into the danger. Besides a big family for Harry to pine over, and winning a chess match in first-year he adds nothing that could not be gotten from Dean, or perhaps Neville. Or Terry Boot. Except for a great deal of jealousy, insults and distraction from the things Harry actually needs to win this war and stay alive. Had Harry taken the locket off first, he'd have retrieved the sword, stabbed and destroyed the locket and gone back to the tent to snuggle Hermione for much need warmth after a late-night icy dip in the water, and Ron would have achieved nothing.

But regardless, this story stands whether potions were a thing or not. Maybe it was stubborn teenage nature to stay the course and ignore those feelings. They weren't exactly living the typical carefree teenage lifestyle. They have noticed and accepted them now, and I think there would be a long life for them to explore every facet of them.

I really enjoyed reading this. I was expecting a confrontation between the boys with that title, but you managed to take me by surprise and deliver a hell of a good little fic.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/23/2019
that's just stupid thinking about potions but not caring about it? dude if it's true and they continue you lose hermione dumb git.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/1/2019
This seems extremely OOC.
mumphie chapter 1 . 6/24/2018
I think this one can be built upon for a full length story! Your use of words culminates into a story that pulls a reader in pulls them into another world.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 5/10/2018
As I posted on another story, even if JKR knocked on my door and told me Ginny did not use potions on Harry, I wouldn't believe it. Something about the way Harry's feelings are described in HBP, each time he sees her, just makes me believe it. Hermione's behavior, too, seems off. Her hostility towards Harry doesn't seem appropriate. Molly's potions "history" just pushes everything into the realm of possibilities.

I think you did a nice job of having Harry analyze things and work through them logically. It makes me wonder whether, without Ron, the two will wind up in Malfoy Manor. If they don't, how will they get the Cup from Bella's vault?

I've often wondered whether the Black Heir could disown Bella and then reclaim her vault. Since that is currently Harry, it is something he should know. Ah, well, something for a different story ...
Bronze chapter 1 . 3/26/2018
I really hate to agree with you but it does add up. Mrs. Weaseley DID use a potion on Mr. Weaseley at some point in school. Though I've never read the books I have heard it said by many different authors. As for what type of potion she used I can't say as I only have fanfiction authors to go by. However it does fit with Molly's personally and ideas. She IS the one that filled her daughter's head with idea of her marrying the Boy-Who-Lived someday. Seeing as Harry didn't seem interested in Ginny, it is entirely possible that Molly brewed potions for her daughter. And when it may've seemed Harry and Hermione were getting together Molly convinced Ron to slip some to Hermione as well. As it's only stated in fanfiction that Molly did in fact potion both I can't say she did. My personal opinion is she did to get Ron a wife that could help him actually make it in life. And Ginny the Boy-Who-Lived as well as all the Potter and Black gold.
PSay chapter 1 . 2/9/2018
This is a great little interlude. I like the way you developed the dialog between Harry and Hermione. They really are best suited for each other. I would have liked to see how they dealt with Ron but I think you laid it all out as they spoke to each other. Thanks for writing. pms
huntjd1 chapter 1 . 10/14/2017
I agree totally with the premise of this story. However it leaves everything uncomplete. It is a good start to a story but is in no way a complete story.
doc boy chapter 1 . 4/23/2017
That was good I liked it. Though I wish there would be a sequel but it's your call