Reviews for Heart of a Lioness:Through the Eyes of Queen -Book One: Jolina
KovuandKiara chapter 2 . 7/1/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
KovuandKiara chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
I am gonna start reading it!
Admiral Regulus chapter 12 . 5/6/2013
Wait, what? I didn't expect that to happen. 0_o
Admiral Regulus chapter 11 . 5/5/2013
Considering this chapter was nothing but fluff, I think it actually turned out pretty well. It's CYFTLT 2.0 :P

But, as for your questions:

How would you describe Jolina's personality? Can you relate to her?

Jolina reminds me a lot of Simba, but without the cockiness as a cub. She's been through a lot since the story began, and she seems to be at a bit of a dead end with the direction her life is headed in. While she is managing to live her life, she certainly hasn't been able to put her past behind her and start anew.

Same questions as above, but with Mohatu.

Conveniently, Mohatu is a lot like Jolina. The situation he faced is equally rough, if not worse, and I really don't see him as being the king I know he is. That's really good in a way; it means (hopefully) that he will change as the story progresses.

In fact, considering that he almost died, he has a long way to go. In a way, Jolina seems to be the stronger one, although, at this point in the story, it's quite clear that neither of the two are capable of leading a pride.

They're both young, scared, uncertain, and perhaps even traumatized, but at least they have each other.

Is the plot line interesting so far?

In a way, the plot is very similar to that of the first movie. That's good, because it maintains the same theme and atmosphere as the movie, but it is also detrimental if the plot is not varied enough. So far, it's not too similar, but there's something else I'd like to point out:

For what it's worth, it's kinda hard to predict where the story is going to go from here. Obviously, I can imagine Jolina and Mohatu being mates, but other than that, what their secondary goals are is rather unclear. Perhaps this is intentional-perhaps it isn't, I'm not really sure.

Neither Jolina nor Mohatu strike me as being characters who would want to exact revenge on their foes, and they both seem like they've given up on the idea of being a king or queen. The main conflict here seems to be coping with their pasts. I assume that will change later on in the story.

Three things I need to improve upon.

The biggest thing that needs improvement, in my opinion, at least, is the paragraph spacing. Although this chapter was fine, some of the earlier ones were all one or two blocks of text, which made it hard to read.

Another thing that needs improvement is that chapter 4 was a bit too short for what it was. There could have been a lot more detail, and it seemed rushed for a critical, emotionally heavy chapter.

That's really about all I can think of, at the moment. I like how Rafiki seems very in-character, and both Mohatu and Jolina have a lot of room for development. The story didn't start off slow, and everything that has happened so far seems to be building up to something-I have no idea what though.
KaltheBrave chapter 10 . 5/4/2013
Whoa, that is heavy stuff.. I'm glad that the two of them that have been through so much, have found each other. Really emotive writing, especially with the music I happened to be listening to at the time! :P

It seems that they are kindred spirits anyway, and I'm sure they would be powerful rulers indeed. I look forward to seeing where their story takes them! :)
Admiral Regulus chapter 10 . 5/2/2013
Hmm... so Mohatu's pride just dies? Why was he the last one left? Seems rather odd, and almost a *little* too convenient. ;)
Admiral Regulus chapter 8 . 5/2/2013
Oh, the similarities! :P
Admiral Regulus chapter 7 . 4/21/2013
I definitely did not expect Rafiki to show up so soon. Since Rondo died, I kinda thought Jolina would end up back in the Pridelands, instead of wandering through the desert. It's kinda weird that the main antagonist is dead already, but I'm sure there's probably a reason for that later on. I'll find out later, I suppose.
KaltheBrave chapter 9 . 4/21/2013
Aww, some real sweet dialogue here.. you got a flair for it! Mohatu seems like a pretty cool guy!
KaltheBrave chapter 7 . 4/21/2013
Ha Rafiki, cool! I reckon you nailed him! Good stuff, if I'd have been Jolina, I would have stayed in the desert! Ha! :p
KaltheBrave chapter 4 . 4/21/2013
Good, emotional dialogue driven chapter to follow the blood-and-guts action from before. I'm interested to see how Jolina is going to cope alone now.
KaltheBrave chapter 2 . 4/21/2013
Lovely chapter this, very warm initial exploration of the relationship between mother and daughter. Explains the spiritual side well too. Very cute flashback too, certainly a good technique to engross the reader. :)
KaltheBrave chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Serves as a really nice taster, with an early action sequence and dialogue too. Cool so far! :D
SelinaBiancaJackson chapter 7 . 4/19/2013
Rafiki is REALLY OLD!
Scuta5 chapter 7 . 2/28/2013
Rafiki! Oh my gersh! Lol. And it was convincing enough for me.
323 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »