Reviews for Nott: Father and Son
Mezzem313 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
Wow. The Notts are true Slytherins. :)
Vicki Turner chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Oh, the cunning of the Nott's, and yet, there is a sincere connection between father and son that seems almost paradoxical.
bob chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Oh, this is a wonderful tale. I'm so sorry that I've not looked thru your short stories as of late.

I'd post with the username that I have, but don't care to make the NSA's work easier. They can group all of my comments by ip rather than by username. Isn't that wonderful, eh?
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
North,
Theodore may have escaped being part of the Pure Blood movement, but he hasn't escaped his
father, he gives me the freezing chills. I wonder if Theodore will become his own man after his father dies? I really hope so. My heart bleeds for his mother. I think there was more to her death, than was said. Interesting. But did he have no other choice than Pansy?
FoM
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Oh Merlin... What a tangled web we weave...
katerina chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Please write more stories about Nott, you describe the character so well! I've already read this one two times and i really enjoyed it!
slincoln chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
When I read this I got a very strong Elmore Leonard vibe, and I really can't think of a higher compliment than that.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Oh, well, I thought Theodore might rise above the history of superiority that his pater instilled in him, but he is just as sly and manipulative and unpleasant as his father and the Malfoys and the Parkinsons.

He may be even worse than his father because his allegiance is wholly to himself and the betterment of the family's position in pureblood society by increasing the wealth contained in his coffers. I don't think he is silly enough to align himself to another megalomaniac as his father did because he is enough of one to feel he does not need anyone to tell him how superior he is.

Theodore Nott features heavily in one of my stories too, but his family history is very different to the one you depict here.

Very interesting story.

Lesley
Scarpin chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Epic. I'm just going to accept this as canon in my own writings. Epic, I say.
laurenthulard chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Another story in which we see more of Nott! Very interesting, very well-written. I always like your stories and how they fill the gaps I've wondered about, and those I didn't even think of!
But this story doesn't seem completely compatible with your earlier Nott: Pencil portrait mystery. You mentioned there, twice, that his mother died when he was eight. Also I liked Nott better there, he didn't appear so evil then, nicer somehow.

Finally, I just saw you have posted your FIFTIETH story, about Luna. Congratulations, and thank you for keeping up writing. A toast to the next fifty! (I hope, although it would also be great to have an update on an unfinished series)

Lauren
potternut190 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Interesting. Are we sure Nott the elder wasn't in S? ;-)

(H&P)
katenkapotter chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
haha. you've got to hand it to them. slytherin to the core. i love it.
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
INterseting
Slaidback chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
*****
Illyra chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Very, very interesting story. Awesome characterisation. Thornton and Theodore are very 'Victorian' when it comes to love and business. A part of me is impressed with it, mostly I dont like such an aproach to life.