Reviews for Nott: Father and Son
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
The Notts aren't the nicest of people are they? However, even whilst cold, calculating and power hungry they do appear to have some standards, even if most decent people wouldn't actually find much of merit in them. Both father and son are relentless in the pursuit of wealth and maintaining the standards they have been taught to live by and to preserve the position, history and bloodline of the Nott name.

It's seems poor silly Pansy is to be yet another of their manipulated dupes, although she herself is certainly no angel. In some ways the Notts are worse than the Malfoys, as they are more intelligent, devious and capable in what they do than Lucius and Draco. They would be far more dangerous enemies and Harry was lucky that the younger Nott stayed fairly 'neutral' in the fight against Tom Riddle.

Thank you for casting some light on the family, it's history and shared morals, (or more accurately lack of them). This was, as usual, an excellent short story and very much up to the high standards I and many others have come to expect from you.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid, (John).
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Though I may not particularly like the subject matter of your stories, you never disappoint in the execution. I always enjoy your writing.
NoTagBacks chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Well, it seems obvious what will happen in the future to young Mr. Parkinson. Potions accident at Hogwarts would be my guess. Evil never really leaves; it just changes its face and hands.

I like that the goblins are running Azkaban now, but I don't believe they're doing it for free. The Ministry may not be paying, but the money is coming from somewhere. I'll have to think on that. There haven't been any clues in your previous stories, have there?

So, Pansy wears a glamour rather than plucking her eyebrows. Wouldn't there be some kind of magical depilatory that would work better? I'm sure Lavender knows of one.

Was Theodore's mother's death really a tragic accident? The timing is suspicious. Would the effects of the Imperious curse be detectable after dying? It could easily be used to place someone in a situation that would be extremely dangerous to them. Does this thought cross Theo's mind, or is he still too young and naive at that point?
MHood80 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Really good story, includes many threads from the books as well as stories written here. Very detailed and gives an excellent insight into both Nott characters. Great job as always!
19 | « Prev Page 1 2