Reviews for Ordinary Miracles A Phantom of the Paradise story
Smileyking1975 chapter 19 . 12/21/2015
Loved the guardian angel theme; I've always believed in them. Mine is Dr. McCoy from Star Trek. When Melody started reappearing, it reminded me of the Claude Rains and Vincent Price versions of The Invisible Man, another of my favorite horror movies.
SmileyKing1975 chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
Did you write this as a tribute to William Finley? He died on April 12, 2012. He had some kind of surgery, but had complications and he died; they never said what kind it was. I recognize the name "Melody" as the girl's name from Phantom of the Mall: Erik's Revenge, another one of my favorite Phantom films. I love all of them because there's something different about each one. Another film I like of William Finley's is Sisters.
smileyking1975 chapter 19 . 12/20/2015
The first part of this chapter reminded me of Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas, about Emmett wanting a guitar, but not being able to afford it. Paul Williams wrote the music for it, and I cried when they sang, When the River Meets the Sea. I cried when Phoenix sang, Old Souls, too.
smileyking1975 chapter 3 . 12/20/2015
This is one of my favorite versions of Phantom of the Opera. I'm glad Winslow still kept his gentle nature and didn't kill Melody; I always liked him and was sad that he died at the end of the movie!
Alex Lehr chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Fittingly a strong example of the beauty of a child's perception, there is a tender hearted story here, filled with unending innocence, like a small girl hiding in the gutter with her faithful hound, hiding away from the darkness of the world. A tear bringer and the beginning of a decent chapter in Winslow's life, I hope to see more into Melody's relationship with this demon who harmed her, and the conflict that will arise with the relationship between her and the other angels after this transformation. Altogether, a very well put together story, and one I look forward to reading onward. I love you, sweetness. )
newbornphanatic chapter 18 . 9/14/2012
aaaaaawwwwwwww so touchingi really enjoyed your story
newbornphanatic chapter 13 . 8/24/2012
aw snow and dancing. what could get better! keep updating