Reviews for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
This was a good story to read.

I caught these errors as I read through the story: Past halfway down, Cirith Ungol is misspelled as "Coruth Ingol". Other typos I caught were "mount Doom" where "mount" needs to be capitalized, and Ungoliant is misspelled as "Ugnoliant". Both typos were in the last section of the story. Those were the errors I caught, but they were mostly easy-to-fix typos. If there are other errors, then obviously I didn't catch them this time reading.

Although much of this story is from Sam's perspective, in a way, I liked how you transitioned between the scenes with the Moon and how she reacted to those she watched, as well as at the end with star Earendil and her thoughts. In a way, with the Moon and Sun chasing each other reminded me of Frodo and Sam's friendship, which I realize was a comparison of the two groups.

Good work. I'm going to put your story in my community, if this is all right with you?

Aria Breuer
Princess Ellie Hummel chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This was so well written! I loved it so much!

Great job on writing the friendship between Frodo and Sam. Please write more for them soon?! :D :D
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Very sweet.
SerenLyall chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Awww, wow. That was amazingly sweet, and beautifully written. I agree with the other reviewers: I'm very glad that you made the distinction that this is not a slash. I feel like so many people try to read the 'pop culture' meaning into relationships portrayed in Tolkien's writings, and miss the true depth and beauty of them. You, however, have not.
I'm generally not a huge fan of stories with Frodo and Sam, simply because they aren't characters that interest me much, but a friend linked me to this, and I must say I'm very glad that they did, and that I read it. As I said previously, this was a very beautifully written story.

There are few little things I'd like to point out, though. First of all, the moon, Ithil, was generally referred to as male, rather than female. This is because the moon was given in care to a Tilion, a male Maia (basically a lesser angel, or spirit), to guide and shepherd across the skies. The sun, Anor, was given to Arien, who was female. (Info taken from the Silmarillion, and referenced from the lotr wikia).
Also, Earendil is male, not female. And technically, Earendil isn't even a star. Earendil was a mariner, and the father of Elrond, and Elrond's twin brother Elros (who was the first king of Numenor). However, Earendil sailed to Valinor with the help of a Silmaril (which are basically these gems that have the light of the sun and the moon within them) to request the aide of the Valar (basically the gods of Middle-earth, or the greatest angels who governed Middle-earth). The Valar agreed, but told Earendil that he could never again step foot in Middle-earth, for he had tread on hallowed ground. So the Valar gave the Silmaril into Earendil's keeping, and constructed for him a ship, and set the ship into the sky, to sail across the night skies. Thus, as I said, Earendil is actually male (and technically a half-elf, not a star), and the star itself, although often called Earendil, is technically Gil-estel (star of hope). (Info taken from the Silmarillion)

I hope that perhaps cleared some things up. Overall, though, as I said, I absolutely adored the story. I thought you had both Frodo and Sam perfectly in character, which is a difficult thing (at least, it is for me!) Keep up the good work!

Seren
XenoLongbottom chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
I really liked this. I love the story with the Moon, the Sun, and Earendil. Very clever. And also thank you for not doing SLASH. That is the worst when people make characters something they're not. (and a slash between these two are the worse.)
Good job and keep up the good work! :)
Silent one chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Well I like this OS... I truly do...
but what was... not good in my eyes were the misspelling of names... it is Minas Morgul not Morgal...
and it is Cirith Ungol .. and it is Galadriel (and I beleive you used the way, Earendil is spelled in the german version... for in english he is EƤrendil to say that E and A are pronounced on there own)
dont get me wrong the text itself is good and I know the names are horrible to spell... often I get them wrong if I writhe them out of my memory...
Greetings
Saphirabrightscale chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
It was beautifully put and written as J.R.R. Tolkien would write it,
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I like your story. It is really interesting. I like how you showed Sam's care for Frodo. I also like how you described the sun and moon as if they were people. You did make some grammatical errors, and it needs more dialog.
I'm glad that Sam and Frodo are your favorite characters; they are mine too. I also like the other hobbits too. I hope you get a lot of reviews for your stories. Don't be discouraged if you don't; a lot of people prefer oc character stories. I'm not crazy about slash either.