Reviews for Missing Link
Guest chapter 3 . 1/17/2014
This is good. I like how this story follows a different timeline, and everyone's personality is a bit different, but it has enough similarities to be recognizable.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/14/2013
wow... I just want to say that when Azusa didn't use the 'senpai' honourific, I was actually dumbfounded XDDD
InoSaku4ever chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
This story is really interesting! I'm really intrigued to see what happens next! I'm also suprised at ritsu's and azuza's closeness but somehow I really like it! I hope you update soon!
yamineko chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
hello Adrena-sama i hope your doing well in japan :) this story feels really different than your other stories but i really like it. It's very heavy not but not from the plot but it's just the feeling i get umm how do I describe it... i also like how everyone is connected in a way, their friendship is so deep i love it, it makes me feel happy reading how they've found their friends anyways im glad you're still writing k-on stories :DD
Metasys chapter 3 . 10/4/2012
I love this alternate universe you've portrayed. The characters seemed just right, and I don't know how to describe this otherworldly feeling you've made me feel. I wonder how the mysteries with unravel. Amazing writing like all of your stories!
PenCagedPhoenix chapter 3 . 10/4/2012
The part at the ending with Yui and Mugi really got me, seriously beautiful. Also the way Ritsu was behaving, for me, actually could totally fit with her personality.

I always love the way you use words to show small details and feelings.

If you ever write a book please let me know.

Love all your stories!
Hachimitsu2 chapter 3 . 9/29/2012
How could I not support this? The story is really great, though your english is really advance (it's kinda difficult flipping the thesaurus all the time).
Garou chapter 3 . 9/26/2012
love it, all of your Mugis are so alluring but innocent at the same time either from the way she acts or thinks. I can't wait to see how you put all the pieces together
SalemXYZ chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
I'm surprised that there's no mention of Mio in this chapter, but it fits with one of my speculations from last entry. It makes sense that Mugi, as shown in the first upload, is the 'leader/founder' of their little group, while the ones in spotlight of the ED, Yui and Mio, are the last to be recruited.

Ena is 'one', but the first thing I thought of is 'Era'. It's the mainly because of the disconnected feeling throughout the chapter, especially when Mugi tried to interpret her dream. So long ago, a martyr was sacrificed for an ideal that didn't exist in the previous period of time. It's something to do with instruments and or intimacy, isn't it?

Unlike the other two, Mugi's view of the chapel is quite pessimistic. Yui has the child-like optimism, Mio has the romantic imagination, but Mugi is very much a realist who desperate wants change and will resort to drastic measures. Even with the way she raced through the streets with the car that belonged to her surface identity, it's shown everywhere how much she wants to run away from the reality she has to face but unable to do so because she is not strong enough by herself. I can relate to her, completely, on how a supposedly amazing matter can be meaningless if there's no one to share it with. It might be euphoric at first, but in the long run, hollowness would persist because the person doesn't have an objective. Here Ritsu and Azusa showed Mugi how close they were and content they were around each other. Even though their living conditions weren't the best, they found joy because they were together. From the hints, Ritsu and Azusa probably lost their mother and father, respectively, and now lived in near-poverty because of the way they dressed and cannot afford their instruments when they used to be able to. Although, it makes me wonder why Azusa has a brand dress. It could be a memento from her mother?

Mugi's painted marbles have a different meaning now that we know there are five. Each stands for the five of them. Anyways, as the first sequence of this story, it introduces the four girls, while the previous one shows how close Yui and Mugi became and how Yui found the last of their member. It makes me look forward to how the two sides collide, especially with the addition of Mio. It's just a hunch, but Yui and Ritsu's view are likely to clash.

The atmosphere in this entry is well-written as usual.
Reiko chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
So far, I can relate to Mugi the most because sometimes I would sit at the cafe and wonder what I'm doing with my life then proceed to chat with a friend, which makes me feel better and more confident. It makes me sad to think she had to endure so much pressure without having someone to pour her heart out to. She can only be herself when she's by herself, which is ironic in a sad way. That's why Yui gave Mugi just as much warmth as the other way around. You really sold me YuiMugi in these two short chapters, even though I was more of a Mugitsu fan

Ritsu seems very cynical and untrusting… except with Azusa, which is why I can't wait to read about their story, especially how they became so inseparable. I really don't know how you do it, but you're always able to make every sentence count... I feel like rereading Ripples now for light-hearted humor that has coffee.
kiddo09 chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
An another piece of this puzzle is settle.

Excellent chapter, Mugi is gradually becoming one of my favorite characters in this fic, with that background, but this only makes me more excited about Ritsu past.

I would be waiting for the next chapter, but what i really want to read is the Mio and Ritsu one, im really craving for that DDD:
rr chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
Well there's more Ritsu than I thought, but I can see why this is still a Mugi-Azusa chapter because it's really Azusa who connected with Mugi and played as the bridge or peacemaker between the drummer and keyboardist.

I'm still keeping my speculation of a dystopian society, especially with Mugi's background in question. Based on your previous chapters though, I don't think that's going to get explored more, which is a shame considering the role Sumire has here is very unique. Usually, you'd think it'd be the other way around but you really caught me off guard there. It's also implied that back then, instruments weren't allowed to be played openly.

Figures that Ritsu was the one who tore off the wallpaper. So far, Ritsu 'unearthed' the garden, Azusa bonded them, Mugi provided the resource, and Yui found Mio. Now we just need to see how the five of them interact because so far, it's been focused in small pairs and groups.

Can't think of much to say, still reeling from this oddly depressing atmosphere you put in this chapter. I'll just say that this chapter effectively killed my theory of them being wandering spirits, because they seem to have solid enough backgrounds. Unless you pulled the POV effect.

Keep up the good work

Sara chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
I love the end! Mugi and Yui are so cute in this story, I'm really happy she found Yui. In a way, Yui saved her too, like, completing in her and making sure she's no longer lonely or disconnected from the rest of the world :))) And is it just me or I sense chemistry between Ritsu and Mugi? It could just be their argument but my goggles really zoomed in on that. But RitsuxAzusa is very sweet, I love how Ritsu's so protective of Azusa (reminds me of Spiral without the... you know) so I'm loving how they are around each other. I'm curious to know how Azusa thinks of Yui though...
kimou-san chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
I really like your stories. They always left me with a good feeling, especially the development of the characters relationships. Waiting the next chapter. I will try to write a review for each chapter of such a worderful story. Bye

Sorry for the short review but I only speak a bit of english and google translator can only do so much
Psykoakuma chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
I have to admit, this chapter had me a little overwhelmed with emotion.
Sort of like feeling an unexpected sense of loss. But with this sensation also comes a feeling of hope. For what was missing could only be recognized because you found that very thing standing right before you. And mostly because what was lost turned out to be a sense of love and attachment.

It's interesting that Mugi makes particular reference to the past as being final. Especially since time itself seems to have an unusual role to play in this story. There is also her alienation with the world in general, having an existence only when she acts purposefully. What sort of creature exists purely as an expression of will? Perhaps this chapel embodies a quality more like that of a shrine.

Perspective may be the key to understanding. Mugi speaks of trials everyone faces despite sacrifices made to the contrary. But she also understands how these difficulties provide a context for appreciating that which is important in life. How having something precious can change your reality, despite the harshness and ugliness, into something worth cherishing. And perhaps even give meaning to that suffering.

Or not, I've been working very hard lately, and may be slightly delusional.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »