Reviews for Justice League Family Ties: DCAU Series Part 12
west189 chapter 26 . 10/28/2012
Seems that I've only caught up to see that Part 12 is finished. Ah, well, there are worse things to discover. I wish that Kyle had stayed faithful, I really do, but in the words of Wash from Firefly, "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal." Do you enjoy breaking my favorite couples apart? Ray and Mary were so sweet. At least Billy and Stargirl are together! As are John and Shayera, and Question and Huntress.
So Kalea isn't crazy as long as her lover boy is with her? That certainly makes for an interesting twist. I still remember the plot bunny you left in the Daxamite Invasion. I'm curious to find out if you incorporate it into Part 13.

West189
May Yuki chapter 26 . 10/22/2012
To be honest, I thought that you were going to have Kalea team up with Darkseid or something. Now I understand why Carol was so cocky. Clearly, Supergirl is going to find out someday. Worst case scenario is she kills him. Another possibility is that no one will want to talk to Kyle for a while. I has finally caught up to your stories :D took me a whole summer and then some :P Looking forward to your next story :3
S-Bumblebee chapter 26 . 10/22/2012
A surprising but satisfying conclusion. I wasn't expecting it I must say.

At first I was a little surprised as well by how quickly Kalea faded from being the angry, bitter woman she had been to the tender and gentle one in the presence of Magnus, but then I realised that love for someone can do that, especially coupled with the relief of his being alive.

A really great conclusion for Kalea who has had nothing but challenges and heartbreak along the way, there's a broken woman inside of her under all of her hardened exterior and I hope Magnus is the one who can help heal it all. As much as it can be anyway.

And you've informed us of Diana's 'assumed' birth of her baby. I must say I'm interested to see how well that went.

Looking forward as ever to your next endeavor when the time comes :D
S-Bumblebee chapter 25 . 10/22/2012
First of all... :O What is Kyle doing! It would seem the link isn't quite broken but it would also seem that perhaps it isn't all Carol's doing. I sense that there's a little more freewill involved here.

Interesting that Maxima, rather than end Kalea's life, punishes her by keeping her alive. Perhaps a fitting punishment but who knows. Kalea's still got a lot of fight in her.

Enjoyed the closing conversation between Vigilante and Claire, a fitting conclusion to the social stigmas you've been exploring throughout the tale. I wonder though how well Vigilante is going to fair in this little bet :P

Enjoyed the conversation between John and Carol as well, its about time someone got through that thick skull of his without Shayera having to beat him upside the head first. :)
S-Bumblebee chapter 24 . 10/21/2012
An excellent chapter! Loved the battle between Diana and Kalea, really got a sense of how determined Kalea is, not just in defeating Diana but perhaps in ending her own existence. Maxima has a difficult decision a head of her that's for sure.

Was awesome to revisit Dela again, I liked her agreement earlier when they released the Guardians. It almost seemed as if she were agreeing with the Huntsman.

Galatea's no nonsense approach was quite amusing but it shows that she'll get the job one and compares her means of doing so with Superman. Loved the comparison with Lord Superman there as well. These are all characters that have been pushed to their respected limits throughout this tale.

Can't wait to see how Maxima is :)
S-Bumblebee chapter 23 . 10/20/2012
An exciting chapter indeed, lots of action and character dynamics. Really get a sense that everything is starting to truly converge at this point.

Mary and Marvel Jr's interactions were quite sweet, its nice to see Mary with someone more on her on wave length, its bringing a different feel to her character I think, a positive one.

J'onn's conversation with Carol has me intrigued, I must confess...
S-Bumblebee chapter 22 . 10/20/2012
Lots going on here.

I enjoyed once again the contrast between lethal and non-lethal force, the use of Wade to illustrate this was an excellent choice. Its something that defines each of them in their choice of work and its a good human issue to explore as well.

Another great exploration into the relationship between LBH and Blackhawk, Galatea's spin on the situation was intriguing and well fitting. Her past of course is an asset when it comes to her understanding and perception of what is occurring around her.

Diana v Kalea, well that's going to be an exciting battle if I ever saw one! Can't wait to see how that turns out, likewise the teamwork between the Sapphires and our Lanterns, already seems as though their off on a bumpy start :P
S-Bumblebee chapter 21 . 10/20/2012
Gosh, poor Batman...looks like he hasn't quite made his peace with Diana yet. In regards to him though it was a strange moment to read him, he was somewhat aloof yet human enough with his slip up to warrant sympathy. Poor fella :(

Interesting that you didn't show us the conversation between Mary and Ray but I think it was all the better for it, sometimes its better filling in those parts for yourself. Her attraction to Marvel Jr was a bit of a surprise at first but then as you've suggested, her relationship with Ray was struggling for a little while so it does make sense.

And *yay* for the return of our missing Leaguers both John and Shayera and Kyle and Kara. John and Shayera's interactions were well worked, particularly her continued hanging on to her past, its something she still retains a lot of regret over even if it for the most part, wasn't entirely her fault. Kyle and Kara still have some ground to work on I see, Carol isn't helping either by the looks of things but its cetainly interesting watching their complicated relationship unfold. :D
S-Bumblebee chapter 20 . 10/20/2012
A suspenseful installment in regards to Mary and her actions in the ship. Wasn't sure if she was going to quite make it for a minute there. Relieved to see her out and in one piece though. The movement from there to Tessa and the others was a nice gentle come down from the exciting first half, the continued exploration of various relationship dynamics is still an interesting and well handled topic.

Awesome to see everything really coming together now :D
S-Bumblebee chapter 19 . 10/6/2012
Again you show how skillfully you can balance so many different scenes and conflicts at once without generating confusion. There's still a real battle under the surface of this conflict dealing with various Leaguers and their acceptance or willingness to kill in their current situation, a wonderful contrast being made between Captain Marvel and Ray. Interested to see how Mary takes his news when he sees her next.

Enjoyed the talk between Starman and Vigilante, another eye opener conversation that's dealing with some real issues in today's society.

Glad to see that Nightwing and Batman's plan came out successful so far, Batman certainly is displaying some interesting personality traits at the moment :P
west189 chapter 19 . 9/6/2012
What are you planning. Batman isn't warm and fuzzy. He's cold and calculating, so if you're making him nice, you're just doing it to butter him up for something horrific. Bats can never catch a break with you, can he?

West189
JDP95 chapter 19 . 9/4/2012
What's up with Bats? There's something going on there...

The Marvels need to look up the definition of war. People die. So do Aliens. I know they're naive and won't kill, but they should accept that people die.
May Yuki chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I knew there was something up with that chick! Well...both of them for that matter! XD Anyways, I finally caught up! :D
JDP95 chapter 18 . 8/25/2012
Well. That is the meanest cliffhanger I have ever read. -.- It was cool to see Checkmate involved in this as well. Really shows how massive your universe is. Great job(except for the cliffhanger)!
JDP95 chapter 17 . 8/25/2012
The League seems to be able to handle themselves. They actually might be able to turn the tide of this fight. Well, until Kalea kills them all.
78 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »