Reviews for Justice League Family Ties: DCAU Series Part 12
west189 chapter 18 . 8/17/2012
Cliffhanger! NOOOOOOOOOO! At least the peoples are almost free...

I'm dreading the next few days. School starts on Monday, and I don't even have a usable backpack.

S-Bumblebee chapter 18 . 8/17/2012
Really great here seeing the guys in Gotham and how they're getting on. I enjoyed the insight into Barbara's Father and past, was really insightful and made a nice change of pace I think.

Again you've alluded to the moral differences in the war they face, the Centurion was obviously a little surprised that her soldiers wouldn't be ill treated. Perhaps the less humanoid races they've fought in the past weren't quite as morally guided as those within the League when it comes to taking life and handing out torture. It was a nice indication of the sorts of campaigns they've had to fight in the past. It was also interesting how you had her resemble Helena, Canary didn't seem to bat an eye at the resemblance but it created a strong link to how similar their enemies are to themselves and those they care for. Really nice touch.

Great to see Batman and Nightwing getting some action as well, now just to see how they manage to get away with breaking the Guardians out. Something tells me it isn't going to be as easy as flinging themselves out of the airlock XD
JDP95 chapter 16 . 8/16/2012
Recruiting the Sapphires is a good idea, but one I did not see coming. Great job on that. The plot is developing wonderfully, and I can't wait to see where it goes.
JDP95 chapter 15 . 8/16/2012
Yes! They're free! Almost. The story is progressing nicely. Great job!
JDP95 chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
Wow. She's a real b***h. She really needs to die. Seriously.
west189 chapter 17 . 8/16/2012
I almost didn't want to catch up... Your updates have been the only things in my inbox lately. Ah well... Just wanted to say that Kalea is a bloody nutter. She is worthy of using British speech patterns which is rare for me to say.
JDP95 chapter 13 . 8/16/2012
Well, their starting to get more organized. But all we're seeing is the smaller teams. Where's J'onn? And Kalea? The heavy hitters? Guess we'll find out.
JDP95 chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
Things seem to get more and more desperate for the teams. Hopefully they can regroup soon...
JDP95 chapter 11 . 8/16/2012
Another war, just another day as a Leaguer :P I'm glad Batman's back. It's nice to have him around and fighting everyone constantly. The League's really split, which is to be expected when their most powerful members are captured and most of another two of the founders are gone. Should be an interesting outcome.
S-Bumblebee chapter 17 . 8/16/2012
Another fantastic chapter, the League are really getting a foot hold now on their situation, Kalea really isn't going to be pleased when she learns of their latest activities.

The military was wonderfully well written, you've clearly got a very good understanding of the military and how it works.

I enjoyed Mary in this chapter, she brought up a lot of issues and I particularly like her discussion with Ray. I love how you give various interpretations of faith in your stories and really give a wide scope on the subject.

I also liked Wild Cat's sense of humour in this one :D
S-Bumblebee chapter 16 . 8/14/2012
I'll bet Galatea got a kick out of chucking Superman out the air lock XD

Was nice to see the knowledge of the bombs come to light and Galatea's justification of them, after all there is a very logical reason for them even if they are disproved of.

Carol obviously has some broad plans, looking forward to seeing them come to more light and it was great seeing Kyle and Kara again after their absence. Things are looking better for the heroes all around but I'm not sure they've caught up in steps with Kalea yet. :)
S-Bumblebee chapter 15 . 8/11/2012
Kalea's plight is much clearer now, particularly in her actions towards Diana. Intimate emotional love is indeed far different to that of a physical nature and in comparison as you've shown here, much harder to obtain. I'm halfway hoping that she might find the love she seeks but with the approach she has adopted, she could be hard pressed.

Placing Galatea within the same chapter was a good move, the comparison is uncanny. We have two women who have been denied love for some time, yet their approaches have been somewhat different and thus the results as well. Perhaps Galatea could have grown as resentful as Kalea if her path had deviated away from crossing with Blackhawks.

On the topic of Galatea, she and J'onn make a good team. It makes sense that the two of them would team up to break out Diana and Superman, after all they are between them, the strongest ones and perhaps the best equipped that remain. Superman has had a tough learning curve here but his new found clarity towards those of his family, including Galatea is going to change him greatly I think.

Nice to see Batman and Nightwing on talking terms as well. Can't wait to see the plan they're working on.
S-Bumblebee chapter 14 . 8/11/2012
A dark chapter indeed. Kalea's hate for her father is being more clearly defined, he was never there as her Father and so she has been left without considerable love in her life. Love that he willingly and freely offers to others not of his kin.

I liked the inclusion of Roman torture techniques, they were some of the most brutal and efficient, and it was humbling for Kalea I think to use such devises in comparison to her own peoples. Then again she wants to drag this out as painfully as possible.

Her approach toward Diana was somewhat surprising but it seems that she craves affection in some shape or form, she's been starved of it for so long. Superman has quite a challenge before him.
S-Bumblebee chapter 13 . 8/11/2012
An insightful chapter :D

I'm still loving the moral compass in each of these characters and how it differs between them, particularly with Hawkman's statement of it being War. In some situations this would be justification to many as a reason to take a life, I'm wondering how long the others will hold out without crossing such a line. I liked Terrific's analysis on the situation though and how leaving them alive can be beneficial to their own cause.

I also enjoyed Wildcat's fight scene, mostly because it showed that despite the invaders strength, skill is going to out fight them with ease.

The insight into the JSA was awesome as well :D
JDP95 chapter 10 . 8/9/2012
You'd think after all the time the JL's saved the planet, the government would put a little faith in them, but I can see how some people would still be suspicious. Things don't look too good for the League right now...
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »