Reviews for Life on the Closed Ward
ejecily chapter 1 . 1/16
I am in tears. If I was alone where I am reading, I would have been on my bed sobbing, punching my pillow and screaming in it.

She killed herself. She knows she isn't really alive anymore.

Merlin, Padma's line saying that Hermione stood by Harry when the world didn't? I broke.

Worse than death, her life. So she killed herself.

Great read! Thank you, thank you.
Grovek26 chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
A good story although I would have preferred a conclusion to the story rather than a DIY ending.
I'm leaning towards her writing her suicide note, popping it under the pillow and then getting into bed after using the quill to commit the final act of taking control back. Her 'life' as it stood was a horror, living in a vicious past but knowing that she loved a man who loved her. She also lived in the present with no ability to live a life of any quality, with friends & loved ones moving on, visiting when they remembered or felt guilty enough. Even the man who loves her has made a life for himself & devotes himself to that.
And when she has a lucid moment and asks him for one thing after she has given him everything... Knowing all this will be your future until the day you die, day in day out, I would want to make that day come sooner too.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
That ending left the impression of something darker. I think Hermione committed suicide.
meh69 chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Aww how sad. obviously she committed suicide :(
stoopid dawg chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Wow. This is a very powerful story. You were right to end it like you did. I'm still wiping tears away..
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Please expand this...? I'd like to hear what the owl brought...
TheWritingFreak chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
I like how you incorporated other characters from Harry Potter into this one-shot.
The Harry/Hermione in this fiction is heartbreakingly bittersweet until the very end of the story.
To leave us on a cliffhanger like that when it's going to be a one-shot was not cool: not at all! But, I loved this. You are an amazing writer.
As for Hermione's condition at the end of the story? I'd like to say woo hoo- she's cured! but I think that is reality she would have killed herself. It's not something I happily admit but I think that's what she would have done.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
I saw a movie like this, where this girl can only remember one day and what happened before, and no one tells her whats going on so she always does the same thing. Then she meets someone who makes a video going over what she missed so she can live where the video left off. I think hermione wrote a letter to herself, telling her what happened.
preppysasy chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Well I was in the mood for some tragic Harmony but...I kind of regret I found your story. Don't get me wrong, your writing and plot are amazing but now I'm in tears!

Poor Hermione. I like to believe she did commit suicide because she wasn't really living. EVERYONE was moving on without her and that is just horrible. I wish Harry would've told her the truth and told her he still loved her. At the same time, even with her situation I think Hermione knew. He was the only one who kept coming back.

You succeeded in making me depressed for the rest of the day lol. I am favoriting this though, I really loved it.
xoRetributionox chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
That was sad, but really, really good. i loved it!
TodayTomorrowYesterday chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I don't know whether to congratulate you on stopping or virtual punch you in the nose! It was great, I really enjoyed it. Though I wish it didn't stop so suddenly. But, I'm leaning towards Hermione committing suicide. Then Harry comes cause she failed, hitting her head hard and -maybe- getting her memory back. And if she did, then she would punch Ginny hard in the jaw and then leave to clear her head
Wolf126 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This one-shot was very well done, and I liked it a lot. Would have liked to see what happens, though.
Hurin3 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Yeah, you said it was dark. And it was. Poor Hermione, Harry doesn't do the right thing for her. Again.

Thanks for writing.

Don
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
PLEASE WRITE A SEQUEL! or another chapter!

PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!
You can't leave me with such a good cliffhanger!
HarmonyGames chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I wish there was more... Hate these kind of endings good job though I liked by a lot.