Reviews for Rehabilitation
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 1/10
Rules of the lab, according to Patrick Rothfuss (Kvothe) : "Measure carefully. Label clearly. Eat somewhere else."

And Snape is right-Hermione simply isn't ready yet for experimental brewing, and the hard part of her getting clean of Dreamless Sleep has yet to come.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 1/4
Well...before Snape became involved with Dumbledore, he was either abused at home, abused at Hogwarts, or being fed poison in the guise of the Dark Arts by Tom. And even then he would have sacrificed anything for Lily, if only she had decided she wanted him at all (and not his tormentors).

So he's has a people-saving thing for an awfully long time. I am also happy to see that a couple of the staff at Hogwarts actually were helpful to him; you certainly wouldn't know it from canon.

But I expect that he and Hermione will end up involved anyway. Good!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 1/3
Luna sat up with Harry with his nightmares, but note she's not offering that to Hermione, even though I'm sure it would help her as much it did Harry.

But Snape, yes, he is someone who would help without telling everyone. Plus, it takes Luna off the hook. She can be efficient like that.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
Oh, good-Snape doesn't plan to do this all on his own. But Harry and Luna will help.

And Harry is mature enough to listen, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 12/25/2014
As I suspected, Snape knows addiction from the inside. And...he understands the strains that Hermione has been through. Why he still feels guilt, I have no idea; but then, I'm sure Albus took advantage of it often enough that Snape should feel done by now with all the sacrifices he's made.

But then, Hermione probably feels survivor's guilt as well, never mind what she did to her parents.

Snape has brewing for his refuge, though, and Hermione still has to find what she needs for her focus.

And both of are quite lonely for minds that work on the same level.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 12/18/2014
Ah, I bet Snape's sharp eyes didn't miss a thing when it came to Hermione-he probably could sing the Dreamless Sleep Blues from the inside, and knows a bad withdrawal attempt when he sees it.

As ever, Ron is an idiot, Harry has a short attention span, and Hermione the only person, ever, to be nice to Snape without wanting to use him for something.

Looking forward to the next chapter...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
Yes, in Potions you learn how to make your own drugs-handy, that!

And Snape does too have a hero complex, or he would have left the Wizarding World a long, long time ago, like when he was the Marauders' chew toy. He certainly wouldn't be working so hard to save the Longbottoms from their long living death.

But at least in this AU, he isn't actually hated by too many people as far as I can tell. At least he doesn't have to teach any more, and can brew to his heart's content.

And...the guilt over Lily is gone, as are the scars she left in his heart. About time, too.
HarryPGinnyW4eva chapter 22 . 10/7/2013
I am really glad I was browsing for new stories and came back across this one! I have no idea how it fell out of my alerts, but it did. :-( The good news? I found it and got to read 3 chapters in one night. :-) Thank you for their newly admitted love and I look forward to more really soon! HG4eva
JainaAngel chapter 22 . 9/28/2013
Reading your story bring warmth to my heart. The feelings are displayed delicately. It's easy to feel your fondness of these two characters. As a soon 33 years old female, celibate, who kept the word at arms length for years after a relationship that didn't worked and leaved me harmed emotionnaly, I like to read about Snape, a redeemded man who has a chance to hapiness and who is struggling with his feelings, but who is receiving help from a person who is patient, and forgiving and loving, and his intellectual equal. Thank you.
Tar-Silmarien chapter 22 . 9/29/2013
Aww! Love it!
Bari Sax Player chapter 22 . 9/29/2013
Awwww what a sweet chapter!
TequilaNervous chapter 22 . 9/28/2013
Yes! YES! Go Severus! Go and find love with Hermione! Y E S!
viola1701e chapter 22 . 9/28/2013
i like a happy Severus...he seems more willing to talk when feels happy
SeverusSneerwell chapter 22 . 9/28/2013
I love this story. Thank you for writing it.
Cat130 chapter 22 . 9/28/2013