Reviews for A Kiss With a Fist is Better Than None
This is a story I always seem to come back to. I re read it, and each time I seem to see it a different way. Many months ago, when I first read it, I saw it as an inappropriate topic (then again I was in catholic school where the word "period" made everyone in the class uncomfortable). Now I see it as bittersweet and relatable (sort of). It's relatable because people do change (I've experienced that as I went on to high school. I changed and so did my former friends). This truly does show who clove and Cato actually are. This shows what actually might have happened if they one. Of course they wouldn't have, unless Collins wrote this in Clove's perspective. Job well done.
InLoveWithClatoLove chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
I love this!
pretty-little-gymnast chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
I friggin' love your stories to death, and totally freaked out when I saw I hadn't followed/favorited you
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
I thought you caught the relationship very well and the way you set up the ending of the Games so they forced the Gamemakers to declare them joint winners was very clever. As to their relationship changing and softening over time, well yes, I think it would eventually as you showed, but they will never exactly become a 'mushy' couple will they? ;o)
00982374-deactivated chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
so, this was recommended to me by the lovely ella (our little infinity), and it's brilliant. i love how at the start they're so rough and aggressive, and towards the end, they get softer and more caring. definitely continue writing clato, because this was great!
quiet-little-wallflower chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
This is beautifully written, even if the subject matter is at times gory. Not that gory is bad, gory is almost a necessity with these two I think. My favourite part in the whole story is definitely the repetitive line, 'We weren't quiet, and we weren't sorry.' Every time my eyes brushed over it I got goosebumps, and that's the kind of thing that I think makes a good story; when they make you feel something.

I'm a massive Clato shipper and Florence Lover, so maybe I'm a tad biased, but this really is lovely, and one of the best Clato fics I've read in the longest time. well done!
traceuse chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Loved it!
clovelycato555 chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
ohh I love that!
ckrets chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I love this so much. I truly do. Clato is my THG!OTP, and you captured them so flawlessly. I love how both Cato and Clove won the Games, not out of love, but out of the fact that they're District 2. And District 2 is the most infamous of them all. Their love was everything in this fic. It was sexy, it was violent, it was tragic, it was tender, it was perfect. Beautifully, brilliantly, perfect.
accioyourheart chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Loved it.
It was a bit fluffy, which in my standards should never ever happen in a Clato fic, but you completely justified it. They were in character, and when they weren't it made sense. I loved it. The way they won was amazing, and I loved the fact that it was realistic and not some teary eyed confession of love. Finding out that they truly did love each other, at least a little bit, was written extremely well and the "we weren't quiet and we weren't sorry/we were quiet and we were sorry" was genius and flawlessly written as a transition throughout the piece. These are the kind of oneshots I enjoy reading/writing, (except I don't usually read/write first person, but I absolutely loved the fact that you did) as it was short but told a tale. I loved this, and you have your way with writing the pair that I love.
ImmyRose chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This Clato outshot was amazing. I happen to ship Clato and this was a really nice twist on their possible relationship. I especially loved the part after the rule was revoked :')
truces chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Ooh, this is phenomenal! It's flawless Clato, which is usually a pairing I can't stand, but this is just perfect. Gorgeous. Favorite.
HeartOfParadise chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Oh God.
You left me speechless.
That was so Clove and Cato, down to every last description of the violence. Words cannot express how much I love this, because it's not cliche, because it's not a love story whilst all the while managing to be one.
Brilliant.
allonsy geronimo and fantastic chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
This is Alex (loki-laufeysons) on one of my forum accounts, and I honestly can't be bothered getting off it. :D

So, wow! This was amazing! I like how you made them what they are - brutal victors with an ache for death. The characterisations were brilliant, and the scene after Claudius mentions the rule revoke? Go baby, that freaking rocked.

So, all in all, a fabulous story! I'm so putting it on my favourites after I get off this stupid forum account...

Alex xox
DarkestAngel11 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
So devilishly twisted, yet so good. Clato is one fiery pair and the song matches them perfectly. Fantastic job!