Reviews for I'd Sleep Better I Suppose
DanishGirl chapter 20 . 10/26/2015
Loved it! It was a new perspective and I really enjoyed reading it. For me it perfectly captures how Barton would feel and act. Thank you for writing it!
ValiantArcher chapter 20 . 2/7/2014
Ah, Thor! :D D'aww, I like that he came and asked forgiveness for something that wasn't his fault, but that he admitted that some of the blame with Loki belonged to him. It is a good epilogue and closing. :)
So, story overall: Yes, rough in spots, but I liked your look at Clint's struggle and overcoming everything; his arc was good. So, nice job on the story! :)
ValiantArcher chapter 18 . 2/7/2014
Aaah! I love Clint finally opening up and spilling out all his words to Natasha. And the simple line, "She'd missed him." And Steve always being just a little unsure of whether Clint and Tony actually hated eachother made me smile. The ending lines are great too, nicely done. :)
ValiantArcher chapter 16 . 2/7/2014
Tony and Bruce's conversation made me smile, and I liked that Bruce reached out to Tony to discuss it all. Bruce reaching out to Clint and Steve backing him was good as well. I also really liked Natasha's line about forgiving Clint, that she clearly stated that the forgiveness meant it wasn't an issue and even if it wasn't forgotten, it would never be brought up again. :)
ValiantArcher chapter 14 . 2/7/2014
Oh, the opening cracked me up a lot; poor Bruce. ;)) I really like the banter you have between Bruce and Clint. And, d'aww, Bruce talking Clint logically through the fact that it wasn't his fault, and then telling him he did really well. Though, the end settled back down again; but it'll take time and Clint is sure to have ups and downs-it's just good to have those ups again.
ValiantArcher chapter 12 . 1/11/2014
D'aww. Clint trusting Natasha and her never taking it for granted that he lets her get so close is very sweet. And them laughing over an old and oft-repeated story was great as well. :)
ValiantArcher chapter 9 . 1/11/2014
Aww. :( I love that Barton thinks Natasha's coffee is beyond compare, even if he dilutes beyond recognition. ;)) And Bruce, despite his worries, is doing a good job so far of being there to talk when Clint needs him and knowing what to say and how not to push him, so hurrah! :)
ValiantArcher chapter 8 . 12/21/2013
Poor Bruce; his nightmares are about killing his hosts and friends! :( I like how spare their conversation is, and Bruce not wanting or knowing how to be a shrink's substitute made me smile. :)
ValiantArcher chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
*sniff* Yeah, Barton had to come to the realisation that he needs and wants help for it to truly be effective. And Natasha, with all the trust in Barton and the fear and the anger about how much he's hurting... *sniffles* On another note, I love that Banner is volunteering as well as working with Tony, that he didn't lose sight of helping people as Bruce and not just as the Hulk. :)
ValiantArcher chapter 5 . 12/19/2013
I feel a bit sorry for Bruce at the moment, getting tangled up in this, though it'll be good for all. ;)) Natasha being straight forward about it all, and being willing to drop her barriers enough to actually get Bruce's attention (and stir his compassion a little?), is good. And the last few lines-yeah, he doesn't know Barton at all, but he's still going to try to help save him. :)
ValiantArcher chapter 4 . 12/19/2013
*sniff* Poor Clint and poor Nat. Natasha knowing how much Clint needs help and figuring out who can help him when she can't is just right. And the following line really stood out to me:
"Tasha." He whispered her name. It's all he had.
ValiantArcher chapter 2 . 12/19/2013
Aww. Of course Stark counts as ten, because he would be exhausting to be around. ;) I love Clint and Natasha stealing the car as well. ;)) The last three lines were a great way to close out the chapter. :)
ELOSHAZZY chapter 20 . 8/19/2013
Wow... I just loved this story it was sad and made me cry but it also warmed my heart to know that Clint had real friends that cared enough to give him the tools to help him through the pain of being a victim. In the end all of the Avengers are victims of Circumstances that are beyond their control. ;-)
Auri the Awesome chapter 20 . 5/14/2013
RTISDVFZSKL:AZDFDHJPOFDL"ZDPF. Thor apologizing was certainly a pleasantly unexpected way to turn this from a "I'm so sad it's over" to "Wow I'm going to have to mull on that forever, I wish it would happen in Avengers 2." Because really, Iron Man Three was all about Tony's PSTD, but Clint would have it tenfold since he A) can't show emotions and B) was mind controlled by a killing machine. Anyway, I loved how you wrapped it up!
Auri the Awesome chapter 19 . 5/14/2013
uidfogSM:IzsADMLngkzslj HULK CUDDLING WITH CLINT OH DEAR LORD YOU ANGEL. This was sob-worthy perfect. Though it made me really sad that Clint suddenly felt like it was okay to just die again. I thought he'd have gotten over that.