Reviews for Growing Pains
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
This. This is... so sad.
Star Fata chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This broke my heart and explained so much about Henry. Congratulations- I was actually tearing up a bit when I read this.
0FJDTHSEGafd chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
THIS. THIS FIC RIGHT HERE is what really made me think about what it must have been like for Henry growing up in Storybrooke. THIS is what made him one of my favorite characters. You have a brilliant take on his character. I love this story! *favorites agressively*
Anon chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This. Is. Beautiful.
Seriously, this is what I think of whenever people say Henry is annoying, or a brat for being angry with Regina.
THIS. Growing up in a town where you're the only one who ages. Having friends stay four, five, eight, while you continue to grow. And then, in Henry's case, not knowing any better because this stagnant world is all you know. You've captured this beautifully.
Just, Bravo :)
followsrabbit chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This story is amazing. So amazing. Honestly, thank you so much for writing this. I really wish the show would address this idea more extensively at some point, and talk about how truly horrifying Henry's life must have been pre-series. This was so well written :)
aslansphoenix chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
I'm glad someone else noticed that unless other kids were adopted then Henry is the only to age before Emma arrived.
Dominus Trinus chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I've been craving an episode where they explore this. Still nothing :-( This wonderful one-shot has eased my craving a little bit. Loved Regina's 'you're adopted' answer and Henry's answer in the end.
DeSilva chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
This was a really interesting element to consider. I've always thought there was more to it than just Mary Margaret's book that awakened Henry to pursue the truth and seek out Emma.
RedTailedHawkens chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Dear Malteaser,
Hello. I have to say, I am so glad somebody finally addressed this issue.
Henry grows, nobody else does, and he is supposed to just not notice. Regina really was not thinking that one through.
I was considering writing a story about this, and then I saw one had been written.
I may still write one, but I like yours, and I like that somebody finally wrote about it.
In the beginning, it seemed like Henry is either brilliant, or crazy, because he figured out about the curse. But then you think about it, how Regina got him as a baby, and he ages, and nobody else does, and you realize he would have to be stupid to not know something was up.
Again, thanks for writing this.
Have a good day.
RedTailedHawkens
zoe alice chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
This is fantastic.
mags1587 chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
This is so very, very cool. I just adore this idea. How weird and strange would it be to grow up and just gradually realize that something was very wrong and that your parent was lying to you. Loved this.
Miss Lyla chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Love this story!Hope more people read it and stop calling Henry a brat * roll eyes*
This is work. I loved everything but specially the last two paragraphs.
Biana Delacroix chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
This is so well done, thank you for taking the time to explore this facet of Henry's life. I love that it's categorized as a 'Horror' story, because that's what it is, a slow horror upon realizing just what it means to be the only one to age in a town where no one does. You've captured Henry beautifully here, and really given light to how frustrating his life must have been and I actually feel I better understand his sheer desperation to keep Emma in Storybrooke and break the curse. A really fabulous one-shot, please consider writing more about Henry in the future!
Leni chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Oh, this is amazing. I wonder how Regina thought she could keep her son in the dark - though I love the 'Henry, you're adopted' line. It made me laugh in this context. :D
Tols chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I never saw Henry's situation before. I always just felt he was a brat. But this story actually made me feel bad for Henry. I never thought of it this way. I could see how he would feel frustrated and like he was going crazy. Wow.