Reviews for Easy In Theory
paracuties chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Ooh... O.o Wow. That's...horrible. Although I do wonder - SOMEONE would've been able to get out that information about a gun, and the knowledge of it would've spread at one point - making the entire public seeking to build a gun. And, well, the shinobi can't kill ALL the civilians...

Anyway. That last sentence. o.O *shudder* It's so terrible! As if the shinobi are all-knowing, above the civilians...it's kind of sad, seeing all of this from the civilian's point of view.

Keep up the awesome work!
1sunfun chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Good.
ZecoreZecron chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
I always thought that it was because early firearms were so inferior to jutsu that they never bothered researching or developing firearms to be advanced enough to be any practical use.
Hyena-Sennin chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Wouldn't the shinobi just take guns and monopolize them?
sora kazega chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Hadn't thought about that...I applaud you for your genius!
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Well. Interesting.
procrastination.leave.dont.ret chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
I don't agree that ninjas would see civilians with guns as competition. Imagine an army of 1000 common folk armored with guns. They march to battle area X to meet with their ninja foes. They start to kill each other with their own weapons before even encountering the enemy yet. Question: Why did a whole army just off themselves? Answer: Genjutsu.

The Kage of that ninja village through means unknown to the civilians, gathered intelligence on their army size and the skill level of the people. Once informed that they were indeed just regular ole country folk with boom sticks, he sent 100 nin capable of preforming synchronized genjutsu. The battle was over in five minutes.

I believe only really desperate civilians/thugs with little knowledge about ninjas would actually attempt to fight with them. The only threat guns could have on shinobi if ninjas actually used them against each other. What if those ninjas used chakra to propel the bullet? What if they were able to completely silence the weapon altogether? With charka anything is just about possible.

Thoughts?
maxridelover chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I see!
66 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Makes sense. Not to mention that most high level ninja move faster than the eye of a normal human can track, so trying firearms against them probably wouldn't work nearly as well as one might think, unless the gunman is also a ninja or as good as one.

And then there's all those crazy defensive jutsu... I betcha anything that if some outsider nation invaded and used firearms, it'd take a week or two, maybe a bit more, before some ninja came up with a way to defend against bullets and et voila, guns are suddenly a lot less useful.

I approve of your fic. IT MAKES SENSE. And fics that make sense are rarer than I'd like, these days...
Larry Huss chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
How very true, the ninja will forgive any atrocity committed with chakra or muscle powered weapons (kenjutsu, tiajutsu), but anything that will let the proles and civilians out from under their thumbs...

yrs Larry Huss
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Fridge Horror, fits the Narutoverse quite well, and dear crap that's scary.
DreadCraft chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Firearms would still be ineffective. The velocity it takes to actually disappear from a person's sight (which ninja seem to be able to do) is orders of magnitude higher than the speeds even Bruce Lee could manage (Ninjas move their entire bodies at the speed that Bruce can only manage with fast twitch muscles). I have to conclude that, even with a minigun, you could never actually hit a ninja. They pretty much live in bullet time and don't even have to evade the bullet. They just have to evade your slow aim. The only time a gun would help is if you were on perfectly flat ground and the ninja was at the perfect range that your aim correction is just right to hit him.

That's not even counting the transformation technique. Even if you had an M-16, it wouldn't help you spot the potted plant by your feet that's actually an assassin.

Helicopters, planes, tanks? The ninjas would just hide until you're out of fuel (you can't refuel because they killed all the rear echelon support guys that handle it; your mechanics at the motor pool are all dead).
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Makes sense
Nerd4ever243 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow _ your stories just get more awesome even though this was short it is quite insightful to the Shinobi world. It had never really occured to me the possiblity of them having created a gun but the shinobi cutting it off before it began to become widespread. Awesome story!
Angurvddel chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
An interesting thought, but I don't think it really holds up given some further analysis. Fact of the matter is (And this is if you must have a 'reason' for no guns to show up in an anime/manga about magical ninjas) it's far more likely that the early versions of firearms were simply deemed too ineffective to bear further investment. What you described with rifling tolerances for accuracy is actually a pretty sophisticated piece of work. Real early firearms were inaccurate and only effective at very close ranges, took forever to reload (after a single shot), and god help you if you had to march in the rain. Not to mention there was an even chance the entire thing would explode in your face. Comparing that to a typical ninja and well... not that great of a comparison.

That said, if the technology was actually _effective_ I find it difficult to believe that someone wouldn't have taken advantage of it even with disapproval/murderizing from ninja in general. While the ninja villages are given focus in the manga/anime, there exists an entire civilian hierarchy and government that is sovereign in its own right with its own branch of the military that would look to development of firearms. If nothing else, some ninja village would probably arm its own civilian population 'just in case', or at least some specialized version of the weapon would show up for defense.