Reviews for The Scarlet Taste Of Ashes
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Please write more! I'm in both of these fandoms and practically cried when I saw this crossover! I love your writing so far! OMG. I'm so breathless at the moment. Please write more!
Changing States chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Dude. This was the one crossover I was looking for. Please continue it! I love how it's written and how you weaved the two different stories together- even in this first chapter.
Kaite1211 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
T-T So sad! I hope you update soon!
Mcat9905 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Very interesting. I wonder how Ed stumbled upon Nina? And if this is post COS, then where is al? Please update soon! :)
Robotic Fox chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Amazing story so far. I like the idea of of a FMA and Book Thief crossover. Here is my official stand point on this.

I really like how you did Death's monologue. They were very to the point but got the message across rather well and conveyed how he felt (?) at the point in time. It was kind of witty almost. I also like how you described how Edward looked, and how they moved along with their business to match the overall depressing, dark, dreary setting this is taking place in. The sadness is evident and all that.

You do know where this is going and it kind of shows. You can tell the hard work you put in this, even if you don't know yourself.

You need to work on your pacing and maybe adding a few more details here and there.

This chapter is actually extremely short and moves along at an almost rushed pace. You might've wanted to help build up the characters and their relations a little better before rushing into the whole deaths. Like for example, while yes, it sucks that Nina died while saving the dog and that Edward lost her...we didn't know how strong the relationship was. She was just there and gone. I couldn't really feel anything for the loss except general sadness for Edward simply losing someone he was close too.

Also, this is included with Liesel. It almost felt like her part was unnecessary in the grand scheme of all this because of how fast it went by...kind of felt almost emotionless. :/ Maybe have her flash back to what he was like ... or how their bond was.

Again, add more descriptive detail and don't be afraid to add additional background details either, like relations, places they go, memories, relations with minors and such. It adds a lot to the character development, can let the reader suck in more atmosphere and get us more involved in the story and characters. (Don't get to lost in that though, or else everything gets distracted with pointless details)

I'm interested in seeing more of your writing and don't be shy to ask for more reviews from me. I'll happily do it for you. :)
jmtothemusic chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
i don't know why you said it was slow, i think it was GREAT! :D two of my favorite novels, and a great writer too!
Vendelareader chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I really like your idea and I think you write death's POV good, I can't really remember how it was written in the book but this is somewhat like it. I'm looking forward to more :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2012