Reviews for Without a Word
red2013 chapter 2 . 4/23/2013
good so far.

red.
TartanLioness chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
I completely approve of the no-dialogue concept too! Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with this!
MyMadness chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I think this is a wonderful premise. I completely support the idea of doing this without dialogue. It makes it feel intimate and secretive. There is a sense of being privy to what is hidden. Fleshing out one important bit per episode is a lovely idea.
Kailin chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
I'm new to the Foyle's War fanship as well, so any errors you make will be lost on me! I'm looking forward to reading more.
Persiflage chapter 2 . 7/29/2012
You need "threw" not "through" in the last line.
Persiflage chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Why the omission of dialogue? All stories work better with dialogue because it brings the characters to life - and the banter, teasing, and back-and-forth between Foyle and Sam is particularly important to portraying their relationship. I know Foyle sometimes doesn't say a lot (because Michael Kitchen's got a fantastically expressive face), but he does speak! And Sam, of course, chatters a lot so I think your portrayal of them will suffer if you're omitting all dialogue. Good dialogue makes a story/episode zing, gives it greater emotional impact, and enlivens the writing.

If you want a beta-reader and Brit-picker, feel free to PM me as I'm always happy to help.