Reviews for Reaching for Stars
Lulea chapter 35 . 2/13
Cant stop reading... cant wait for review... thanx so much! Reallly great story!
RiddleWrappedInAnEnigma chapter 38 . 12/11/2013
Nice story!
fanka77 chapter 38 . 1/19/2013
That was an amazing story. Very emotional. Great job!
MadaMag chapter 38 . 1/7/2013
And the whole base whistle at their display, but they don't care.
Thanks for sharing this amazing work!
sg1star chapter 38 . 12/13/2012
your story was so well crafted that it took me on a journey, that allowed me to emerce myself within the pages of this amazing work of art. To giggle at the antic of both jack and sam, and to cheer when the story showed them being reunited, then stand up and shout for jacob being so narrow minded, and smiling and cheering sam on when she put him and the general in their place
Hope you will be writing a squeal as can't wait to read your next story.
magical-mystery-girl chapter 38 . 12/9/2012
YEAH! I LOVED THIS STORY! lol it was fantastic! wow, I just can't explain how awesome this story was. You handled everything really well, and it was really realistic. The only think I could have hoped for more of would be Daniel/Jack friendship scenes...that would have been nice, but beggars can't be choosers, lol. Anyway, great job! I can't wait for more!
R-Gomeni chapter 38 . 11/22/2012
So... this was awesome. I really enjoyed your characterisation of everyone, and how you drew all the storylines together. I love the JS pairing, but the age gap in canon is always osmething to be wary of. I like how you've controlled for that without sacrificing anything of the story.

As for the characters, I have to admit, I'm a big fan of military Sam, but you've managed to somehow make her just as kickass without being a soldier. So kudos. Charlie was similarly awesome, as you really built on his character, where he's a good friend to both Sam and Jack as well as having his own thoughts and issues. Best chapter for him was when he almost put the moves on Sam, then realised that she would always be Jack's. That was really well written and I liked how you handled it.

The other thing I really liked about the stories so far is how you didn't try to sacrifice the characters to keep to canon. I've seen a lot of these sorts of stories where the authors obviously struggle to come up with a reason for Jack to go on that original mission, and I love how you handled it: making it a conspiracy with Jacob and General West was pure genius.

While these are things that I loved about the story, I'm not sure that Jack was written with the right level of snark and attitude. The caring side and the whole soldier thing I think you did well as far as his characterisation goes, but his sense of humour is one of the best things about the tv series, and I'm not sure that that's come across fully in this one.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to part 3. If you're half as creative with the storylines on the show as you have been already, then I don't think it can be anything other than brilliant. To be honest, I'd like to see Sha're play a bigger role: the little characterisation you've already given her has intrigued me, and I can imagine a friendship between her and Sam blossoming should they end up in circumstances where they're allowed to have that friendship. I'm also intrigued as to what Teal'c will be like: Jack's younger than he was in the tv series, and I think it'd be awesome if Teal'c was as well. Just throwing it out there.

When all's said and done though, I've really enjoyed what you've already posted, and even without part 3 (which I know you've mentioned in the past, so I'm really hoping it's still going ahead) I think that these two make great standalone fics. Though I really really hope part 3 happens. Okay, I'll stop rambling now.
Sonnie W chapter 38 . 11/22/2012
awesome... Thanks for posting this :)
LadyMo chapter 38 . 11/21/2012
This was a wonderful story. I truly enjoyed reading it. And you included at the end my favorite word, their word - Always. I like the way you ended it. They are together, they will work things out, he will let her in, probably little by little but let het in. Also they understand each other a little more, so they grew in many ways. Thanks
:-)
agentpiperh chapter 38 . 11/21/2012
Will there be more? :)
agentpiperh chapter 29 . 11/21/2012
Someone's been watching Grey's Anatomy.

But this is a great story. I'm loving the AU twist on the original storyline.
Jackless chapter 38 . 11/21/2012
What a wonderful ride. Thank you for sharing this with us.
JazziePerson chapter 38 . 11/19/2012
Gah! How can you leave it there?! I need MORE! But it was lovely. As always :)
K'MI.974 chapter 38 . 11/18/2012
Wow, just... Wow!
angelthree117 chapter 38 . 11/17/2012
I love this series! I can't wait for the next part. The only thing I found a little bit off is that when soldiers are med-evaced from downrange, they get sent to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, (same general area of Germany as Ramstein, but different base) and then are usually sent on to Walter Reed or a similar Wounded Warrior rehab center across the country as soon as they are stable to free up room. I think for Colorado it might be the Air Force academy hospital, but I am not entirely sure.