Reviews for The Cupboard
musingmarauder chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
Your characterisation of Dudley is wonderful. I love the way he progresses from believing his parents are always right to realising that they are abusers.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
Awesome fic
Badbonita chapter 1 . 7/1/2015
Who is this person and what have they done with Dudley?
It looks like Dudley have actually matured and is becoming a person that may be respected instead of feared. And despite everyone saying that the Dursley's are Harry's only relatives, Harry seems to be Dudley's only relative as well since I don't see Aunt Marge reproducing. Sounds like this could be the beginning of a new relationship between Dudley and Harry.
SumNumb3rs chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
Good story! I've seen two other stories where Dudley starts rethinking their lives and they were quite good too.
Stasia Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
loved it

Stasia R. Ravenclaw
thebeautifulbicky chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
Dudley's a pretty amazing character to play around with. Well done!
Krysania chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I'm frankly impressed he managed to grew that much:DDDDDDDDDDDD
jon08 chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
I liked this. Always in my opinion from canon, Dudley is changed by his encounter with the dementors, it forces him to examine his own actions. You can see this at the start of DH where he says he doesn't think Harry is a waste of space.
Although this was a oneshot, would be interesting to see it continue, we know muggle post can reach Hogwarts as Petunia's letter asking if she can be a student gets there, how about correspondance between Harry and Dudley during school year.
The arithmancer chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
Really interesting piece of writing.
Triscribe chapter 1 . 5/2/2015
This is an awesome piece. Glad Dudley finally got his head on straight. ;)
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Dementors should be used by psychologists. That's awesome. I love how he comes to the gradual realisation, and the bit at the end, where he's being shouted at by his parents, and it finally clicks.
Brievel chapter 1 . 4/23/2015
They have Quidditch.

A thoroughly satisfactory story, and one that makes sense.
Fuliminate chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
So well written, i actually have tears in my eyes. It was just so beautiful
Quacked Lurker chapter 1 . 3/6/2015
I'm speechless.

You've managed to get inside Dudley's thoughts, and make him a better person for it. (okay, so the Dementor attack started the 'growing up' process, but).
*is awed*
Lots of fun lines, and phrases that just speak to the soul.
(I thing you are one of the few who manages to, artistically, incorporate the earliest impression of Draco - a bully, like his cousin - and yet, stay true to the characters as portrayed throughout the books.) Masterful job.

Very well written, and just ... poetic. I do like how you've left us understanding that, given time, Dudley and Harry can become more than just people who knew each other as children, but as friends.
Panther Fire chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
Whoa. Feel good feelings all around. This was great! Good progression of Dudley's thought process.
Thanks for writing,