Reviews for The Cupboard
couriosity chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
I really, really enjoyed this. I never really thought about Dudley after he faded from the story. Its nice to think that he might be capable of change and understanding. Do you know of any other stories like this?
PaC chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Not bad.
Perhaps a little more padding with more Petunia remarks to give better clues for Dudley to figure out the jealousy.

What is missing from so many fics, is making Vernon the source of all the abuse and Petunia a victim, and so few fics following the obvious, that Vernon's prejudices are created and fueled by Petunia. Vernon in many ways is being a "supportive" husband by following his wife's view and opinion of Lilly and other "freaks". Unless by chance, in my reading of hundreds and hundreds of fics, i just end up missing other fics with alternative views of this, although my best guess is it follows mostly from the male stereotype of the husband/boyfriend being the "abuser". So Petunia's abuse is glossed over excused or absent and RARELY is the abuse accredited as it should be to HER being the likely source of it in most fanfics I've read.

A very decent oneshot.
nightkitty555 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
That was really good. As I grow older, I actually find it alarming that JK Rowling didn't make a bigger deal about Harry's abuse. I mean, she has that children's charity that she cares about that has kis that I don't think are necessarily treated worse or much worse than Harry.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Damn, this was good. Sweet and poignant and to the point. It's always interesting to read a fic about Dudley's perceptions, especially changed perceptions. Really well done.
TheChronicler1209 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Please continue! Don't leave it as a one shot, I really wanna know what happens next! What does Harry tell Dudley? How is it when they go back home? Do Harry and Dudley become sort of friends? How do Petunia and Vernon treat Dudley after this? Oh, please don't leave this stranded!
CassBerry chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
This was beautiful. I adore these kind of stories, the ones where character development actually happens. Thanks for writing this :)
Therio chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Great story. I loved how you had Dudley come to figure out his life, as well as his mother and Harry, slowly over the course of the story. It made it that more emotional and well as realistic.
QuantumGiggler chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Wow, amazing story! I loved Dudleys character development :)
ZanyMuggle chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
Wow. I think there was more character development in this fic than in the last five novels I read. It showed a deep understanding of the characters. Thanks for writing!
uvarunr47 chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Outstanding story; a very insightful look inside Dudley's head.
Bubbles of Colours chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
Ohmygosh, I can't explain in words how utterly amazing your fic is. Dudley growing up and thinking must be one of the weirdest and best things I've read in all my years in fanfition.
I loved it.

Connie x
ak chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
il ├ętait temps que dud se mette a penser! :)
smilingcrescent chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Very interesting. The buildup to Dudley talking to his parents and eventually Harry was a touch slow, but I suppose Dudley is rather thick. :) I especially liked that Harry went after Dudley on his walk! Nice job.
greenwings33 chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
:D
I love it! Is there more?
Tonzura123 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
AHHHH! I love this so much! Thank you for writing such a great story from Dudley's POV. I don't think I've read any before, and I'm not sure I'll find any better now.
Cheers!