Reviews for The Cupboard
Fuliminate chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
So well written, i actually have tears in my eyes. It was just so beautiful
Quacked Lurker chapter 1 . 3/6/2015
I'm speechless.

You've managed to get inside Dudley's thoughts, and make him a better person for it. (okay, so the Dementor attack started the 'growing up' process, but).
*is awed*
Lots of fun lines, and phrases that just speak to the soul.
(I thing you are one of the few who manages to, artistically, incorporate the earliest impression of Draco - a bully, like his cousin - and yet, stay true to the characters as portrayed throughout the books.) Masterful job.

Very well written, and just ... poetic. I do like how you've left us understanding that, given time, Dudley and Harry can become more than just people who knew each other as children, but as friends.
Panther Fire chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
Whoa. Feel good feelings all around. This was great! Good progression of Dudley's thought process.
Thanks for writing,
Panther Fire
alive by grace chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Your characterization is fantastic! I wish there was a sequel.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
This was...interesting. I think that you've definitely managed to get the characters right, something which is very hard to do in a story like this. The way Dudley realised a few things was also amazing. It didn't drag on or go by so fast all you saw was a story-coloured blur.

I like were it ended as well. There is a place to continue if you want to but doesn't really leave any loose ends.

9/10
titania2811 chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
krouda chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
This is really well done. Probably one of the most complex characterizations of Dudley I've ever read. Kudos!
Charlie0925 chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Brilliant writing hon, truly brilliant! ;o)
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Well done.
Macceh chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Brilliant oneshot! A very interesting look at Dudley's character and the dynamics of the Dursley family, I really enjoyed reading this.
couriosity chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
I really, really enjoyed this. I never really thought about Dudley after he faded from the story. Its nice to think that he might be capable of change and understanding. Do you know of any other stories like this?
PaC chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Not bad.
Perhaps a little more padding with more Petunia remarks to give better clues for Dudley to figure out the jealousy.

What is missing from so many fics, is making Vernon the source of all the abuse and Petunia a victim, and so few fics following the obvious, that Vernon's prejudices are created and fueled by Petunia. Vernon in many ways is being a "supportive" husband by following his wife's view and opinion of Lilly and other "freaks". Unless by chance, in my reading of hundreds and hundreds of fics, i just end up missing other fics with alternative views of this, although my best guess is it follows mostly from the male stereotype of the husband/boyfriend being the "abuser". So Petunia's abuse is glossed over excused or absent and RARELY is the abuse accredited as it should be to HER being the likely source of it in most fanfics I've read.

A very decent oneshot.
nightkitty555 chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
That was really good. As I grow older, I actually find it alarming that JK Rowling didn't make a bigger deal about Harry's abuse. I mean, she has that children's charity that she cares about that has kis that I don't think are necessarily treated worse or much worse than Harry.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Damn, this was good. Sweet and poignant and to the point. It's always interesting to read a fic about Dudley's perceptions, especially changed perceptions. Really well done.
TheChronicler1209 chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Please continue! Don't leave it as a one shot, I really wanna know what happens next! What does Harry tell Dudley? How is it when they go back home? Do Harry and Dudley become sort of friends? How do Petunia and Vernon treat Dudley after this? Oh, please don't leave this stranded!
234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »